Belkin/pure av battery backup problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a pure av ap30800-10 to protect the home theater in my bedroom. Its 4-5 years old now. I had noticed it frequently turning off on its own and when i turned it back on it worked fine every time except the load indicator was low at 17% and the backup lights were all off. Sometimes the would all go on as they did when i first got the unit. I saw a few threads here regarding similar problems (at least in regard to the supply turning itself off) and it seemed the answer was a bad backup battery. I cant say i ever saw the replace battery light come on, but with three kids and a very time consuming job i may have missed it. The problem is, suddenly this am, it wont go on at all (its completely dead). I did open up the case and to my non electronically trained eye all looks fine. Im hoping its just the backup batteries that need to be replaced and not the whole unit as it would be aimple even for me to do that, but i would hate to wast the cash just to find out i need to replace the unit anyway. Could someone please give me aome advice? BTW this unit has been installed in the same location without any risk for damage since initial installation, and i did try all the reset turn on off unplug suggestions from other threads and still no lights/function at all. Also if the concensus is that the battery is the problem, any advice on where to purchase a replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

I think Im just going to buy a new APC unit H10 BLK. I dont want to waste money on batteries to find out they weren't the cause of my trouble.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc7string View Post

I have a pure av ap30800-10 to protect the home theater in my bedroom. Its 4-5 years old now.

Battery will only last 3-4 years.. yes it needs a new one, but might as well buy a new one for the HT then replace the battery in the old one for a computer or other use.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info and great idea
post #5 of 5 Old 09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Troll

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 45
i've had a ton of belkin ups systems, unit always died before the battery for me, and always out of warranty lol.
i have all apc products now, and a few cyberpower i pick up on sale.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page