Great Home Reclining Home Theater Chair Suggestions Please Help (ergo correct keyboard and mouse required on the center chair) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to get (3) comfortable, ergonomically correct, reclining home theater chairs. Here is the challenging part, I do a lot of PC gaming on my home theater rig and need something that has an ergonomically correct keyboard and mousepad options on the middle chair It would be nice that these fold away when not being used.

Please help smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I visit Furnitture Market at least twice a year and am up to speed on most brands and models out there. I can tell you that there is nothing on the market with a built-in keyboard and mouse (yet). However, if you are willing to pay for it, Fortress Seating has done a motorized table in their chairs that automatically folds out and back into the arm. I'm sure they could mount a keyboard on one or more of the trays. But, like I said, you are going to pay for this customization. If you are into DIY, you would probably mount a keyboard and mouse or keyboard with a built-in trackball to a tray table that is used on quite a few home theater chairs. See the Palliser Playback, Lane Matinee 103 and some others. The tray tables are stored in the armrests vertically and have room for a keyboard/mouse, so it wouldn't be hard to accomplish, especially if wireless.
beatmatcher247 likes this.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That motorized arm they show in one of their videos looks perfect but wouldn't have to be motorized. I'll visit with them about my needs and see if they make it happen for someone in my tax bracket.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Good luck. They are good people and an American company located in California. They can do just about anything custom you request. Ask for Gabi.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating