MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #631 of 898 Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was URL adding/removing Showtime's fixed?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 898 Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Im loving the app Meyer. Currently running on an old 17" flat panel but look forward to finding something bigger and making a custom box for it.

I just wanted to share the Theater image I made and a pic of my room. Thanks for the hard work!

post #633 of 898 Old 01-29-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent62 View Post

Im loving the app Meyer. Currently running on an old 17" flat panel but look forward to finding something bigger and making a custom box for it.

I just wanted to share the Theater image I made and a pic of my room. Thanks for the hard work!

Nice. What font is that?
post #634 of 898 Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 AM

Tnx.

Its Edwardian Script ITC.
post #635 of 898 Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent62 View Post

Tnx.

Its Edwardian Script ITC.

Thanks
post #636 of 898 Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM

@meyer. Any ETA re MB3?
post #637 of 898 Old 01-31-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Unfortunately, I broke my leg and since my main dev and test machines are in my basement development has been pretty slow lately. I'm not quite as productive on my 11” net book. I haven't forgotten though and it is coming.
post #638 of 898 Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Unfortunately, I broke my leg and since my main dev and test machines are in my basement development has been pretty slow lately. I'm not quite as productive on my 11” net book. I haven't forgotten though and it is coming.

Thanks. Sorry to hear of your accident. May you have a speedy recovery.
post #639 of 898 Old 01-31-2014, 02:37 PM

In preparation for MB3, I have been playing with xbmc. I noticed that with display options-dim screen for "Now Playing" box unticked, now playing still dims. How can I prevent it from dimming? Thanks.

Now playing shows the backdrop. How can I get it to show the poster? (solved this)

@meyer: changed back from preview release. There was no dimming of the poster display.
post #640 of 898 Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 PM

I must be an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I still can't get mine to work at all. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until something more user friendly comes along.
post #641 of 898 Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Liked: 11
Can not be more friendly, it is so easy to setup and use.

I gave to developer a 10 score from 10
post #642 of 898 Old 02-03-2014, 04:38 PM

MorphW86:

I had problems getting it to show Now Playing. It didn't run because I was running the development Gotham Build of XBMC. I switched back to the stable Frodo release of XBMC and wala. it fired right up.
post #643 of 898 Old 02-06-2014, 07:23 AM

Thanks meyer64 for the application, a donation is on the way!

I do have a concern/observation with the application. After installation on a physical machine, my XBMC video playback became stuttered and choppy from the get-go. The .NET install prompt for 4.5 was redirected to 4.5.1 (which was then installed). Trouble shooting, I removed all the .NET installs and the MoviePoster app. This did not resolve the video playback issue. I reluctantly re-installed XMBC 12.3 and the video was still choppy. What could the MoviePoster app or .NET have done with the video?

I attempted to reproduce the issue on a VM of mine and did so without issue. A plain vanilla XBMC 12.3 install and the MoviePoster app. Going forward, I configured the app with the IP and password to allow communication to XBMC and Voila! the play back is good...on the VM anyhow.  When I applied this to the physical HTPC, all did not go so well even with the proper credentials.

Bare in mind, this is not my physical HTPC, and the owners will certainly want to know what the holdup is...any idea's on this? I'll produce a log and more info if needed. Thanks in advance!

MoviePoster v1.0.1.6

Physical HTPC:

Windows 7 x64

AMD A4 5300 3.6ghz APU

40 gb Mushkin Callisto SSD

4GB G.SkillDDR-1600 PC3-12800

MSI FM2-A75MA Motherboard

VM:

Windows 7 x64

3 GB memory

post #644 of 898 Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hmmm... I haven't ever noticed any playback problems with XBMC when using MoviePoster. The trailer playback in MoviePoster doesn't take advantage of hardware decoding, so it can use more CPU resources with higher resolution video. But that would only occur when a trailer is actually playing. MoviePoster doesn't touch the XBMC install in any way, and as far as I know XBMC doesn't use .Net for anything either. I'd guess that the playback issues arent directly related to MoviePoster. First thing I'd check is video card drivers and make sure you are using DXVA decoding in XBMC. I know HD audio can cause playback issues in XBMC also. Make sure that if you're playing files with HD audio, that you either have HD audio passthrough turned off or that your receiver actually supports HD audio decoding.
post #645 of 898 Old 02-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the advice Meyer64, all the suggestions did not change the strange performance with this machine...seems to be another issue that occurred that I'll have to delve deeper into.  My donation stands (and has been sent) in the hopes that your project continues,...I'll use this on my own machine.

post #646 of 898 Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 PM

For what it's worth, I found the Issue.  It was the audio output.  Building the HTPC, I don't have a 5.1 in my shop, so I use headphones in the front jack to check audio quality. When done, I remove the headphones from the jack. I haven't used them again until the MoviePoster application install to check the audio quality of the previews. Whatever is happening occurs with the front audio jack and how it is set up.  If anyone is interested, I'll post XBMC logs and MoviePoster info.

The system setup at the theater location is a 5.1 Onkyo AVX-290 with HDMI pass-through, which is what the XBMC was setup to use. The motherboard seemingly has issues on where/how to pass the audio through then the HDMI is absent. In my shop, I use the onboard DVI for video output and front jack for audio.

This only took me a few hours to figure out, better than a few days!

post #647 of 898 Old 02-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Alright, I have this working perfectly on my personal HTPC, registered and all. Thanks.  Now for a few suggestions:

1) Hash the password in 'connection options'.

2) Add check option to start with 'xbmc.exe' (delayed start).

3) Field entry for custom location of images and preview video's. (Suppose the application is installed on a fast 40gb SSD, I'll like to keep the large image files on a different drive/location rather than default windows C:)

Just a thought...Thank you again for this, well worth the donation!

post #648 of 898 Old 02-09-2014, 08:08 PM

I'm having a problem getting trailers to play. When I try to start them, I get a black box for about 30 seconds or a minute, then it clears and shows the poster. When I try to player the trailers from the cache directory using VLC, they work fine. Any idea what's going on?

Also - is there any way to give priority to movies with motion posters? They are so cool that it would be nice to have them come up a little bit more than the static images.
- Dave
post #649 of 898 Old 02-10-2014, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth122 View Post

I'm having a problem getting trailers to play. When I try to start them, I get a black box for about 30 seconds or a minute, then it clears and shows the poster. When I try to player the trailers from the cache directory using VLC, they work fine. Any idea what's going on?

Also - is there any way to give priority to movies with motion posters? They are so cool that it would be nice to have them come up a little bit more than the static images.
- Dave

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Movieposter uses DirectX for rendering the video. If directX isnt installed or supported by your graphics drivers, it could cause problems.

I'm working on a priority system for a future release so your higher rated posters will show more. I dont have an ETA, but it will be supported eventually.
post #650 of 898 Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 PM

That's cool about the ratings. It will be nice to have when it's ready.

Still having the trailer problem...

I'm running Win7/64 on a Zotac ID41. Just installed the NVIDIA drivers from Jan 7. dxdiag reports DirectX 11 installed and working properly. The trailers play fine in VLC.

Not sure what else it could be. The fact that the black box stays up for a period of time seems to me to indicate that it's playing, just not decoding video for some reason.
- Dave
post #651 of 898 Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 PM

Can you make the software to can ajust screen size, like xbmc. When I did the frame it is a little smaller than screen, your be nice to have the option I can ajust screen from the software.

Let me know if that can be made.

Thanks
post #652 of 898 Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 PM

@meyer: How is recovery? Would love an update on the next release also.
agent62 likes this.
post #653 of 898 Old 02-28-2014, 06:32 AM

Liked: 16
I finally found a good deal for a 37" 1080p LCD on craigslist! It's a vizio and its only 2.2" deep so hopefully it will look great once I mount it and build a frame for it. Although I'm not sure when I''ll have time for that. I love seeing the pictures of everyone else's frames and getting ideas for what I want mine to look like.
post #654 of 898 Old 02-28-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post

I finally found a good deal for a 37" 1080p LCD on craigslist! It's a vizio and its only 2.2" deep so hopefully it will look great once I mount it and build a frame for it. Although I'm not sure when I''ll have time for that. I love seeing the pictures of everyone else's frames and getting ideas for what I want mine to look like.
Good luck with it and it is a pretty cool when people come over. I do love the fact that if the movie poster app is running and I play a movie on my main TV that the movie poster app will dim, thus being less distracting for viewing the main movie. I have both the main and movie poster in same room. Would be different if I had Movie poster mounted outside my theater, but I think you can set the dim up in settings, so it won't dim if you did mount outside of your theater.

I didn't take my frame off my 32" TV and made my frame to fit over the TV. I did this just for the fact that I could use the TV again, if I needed to. If I were to build it in a wall I definitely would take the frame off and mount the speakers else where.

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
post #655 of 898 Old 03-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Meyer64 how is your recovery? I almost got my PIR ready, and I will send picture of the frame.
post #656 of 898 Old 03-04-2014, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Recovery is going well. Hopefully I'll be back on two feet in a couple weeks. I've been meaning to send you a wiring diagram for the motion sensor. I just need to get it drawn up.
post #657 of 898 Old 03-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Meyer in your relay you add any resistor?
I think I ready have mine setup with arduino card, After I test it I will do in the tensys. my output from power tv is 3.3v. Do you have to put any resistor tv button and relay?

Thanks
post #658 of 898 Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
wow I plan to donate right away, this is awesome, I hope one day it will work with MediaBrowser3.com (if it is and I missed it, my bad still going through all the pages)

Edit: I made a small donation for now, when I fully start utilizing this software I will donate again and if I see support for other programs like MediaBrowser I will make another donation on top of the last ones smile.gif

Also anyone having any issues trying to get this to work with version 13 beta? what is the most stable version of XBMC that this currently works on so I can install that version?

post #659 of 898 Old 03-15-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 699
mine doesn't seem to be downloaded trailers anymore.

added a bunch of new movies the other day, and it grabbed the posters as usual, but no trailers. gave it a day to see if anything happened, still no trailers. so I 'uninstalled' and reinstalled it today, made no difference.

on the plus, I also tried the beta version today, and I'm liking it so far, some nice changes in functionality and I find it easier to use the settings menu. just don't know what happened that made it stop downloading trailers.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #660 of 898 Old 03-15-2014, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post

wow I plan to donate right away, this is awesome, I hope one day it will work with MediaBrowser3.com (if it is and I missed it, my bad still going through all the pages)

Edit: I made a small donation for now, when I fully start utilizing this software I will donate again and if I see support for other programs like MediaBrowser I will make another donation on top of the last ones smile.gif

Also anyone having any issues trying to get this to work with version 13 beta? what is the most stable version of XBMC that this currently works on so I can install that version?

I havent done any testing with XBMC 13 yet. 12.x should be fully supported though.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page