MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #841 of 910 Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just donated to the creator of this app because I think its going to be awesome once I figure t out. Im sure there is something Im not doing correctly here because I cant get this software to work at all. When I open the web remote none of the buttons work. When I click on the small blue + sign at the top right of several of the pages (i.e. favorites, cached posters, custom posters) nothing happens. When I click on "Option" next to any of the posters nothing happens - just goes to a blank white screen.

Im running Windows 7. No XBMC at the moment, just Windows.

What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 910 Old 06-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks for sharing this and all your work on it. I went through the first couple of pages but didn't see anything about multiple monitors. I am going to have 2 TV's for poster frames in the lobby and was wondering if the program would allow for 2 monitors. Thanks!

War Eagle!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #843 of 910 Old 06-15-2014, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post
Thanks for sharing this and all your work on it. I went through the first couple of pages but didn't see anything about multiple monitors. I am going to have 2 TV's for poster frames in the lobby and was wondering if the program would allow for 2 monitors. Thanks!
With the current version, you could run two displays my mirroring the video output, so both screens would show the exact same image. The next release will have better multiple monitor support, including options for both portrait and landscape displays. You'll also be able to specify which displays show the trailers if you don't want it on all screens. I want to finish up the connectivity for MediaBrowser3 integration before I post it though. I appreciate everyones support, its getting closer every day.
ellisr63 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #844 of 910 Old 06-15-2014, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheater View Post
I just donated to the creator of this app because I think its going to be awesome once I figure t out. Im sure there is something Im not doing correctly here because I cant get this software to work at all. When I open the web remote none of the buttons work. When I click on the small blue + sign at the top right of several of the pages (i.e. favorites, cached posters, custom posters) nothing happens. When I click on "Option" next to any of the posters nothing happens - just goes to a blank white screen.

Im running Windows 7. No XBMC at the moment, just Windows.

What am I doing wrong?
To anyone else experiencing the same issue. I believe we have narrowed this one down to being an issue with Internet Explorer compatibility. Should be working fine under Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

post #845 of 910 Old 06-16-2014, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by me23 View Post
Nice setup Duke! You mind sharing how you made the light box that's encasing the tv? Very cool.
I picked it up from Craigslist for $100 and totally gutted it. It came from an old Blockbuster store that closed. It had florescent lighting inside of it and was pretty beat up. I repainted and was able to slavage the frame and front screen. Afterwards I had to cut the front opening bigger to accomodate a 46" LCD TV ($150 scratch n dent TV website) in there. Luckily its about 4 inches deep so the tv mounts perfect inside with some bracing on the backside to kee it secure. The whole box weighs a TON with the TV in there, I have to support it from my joists. It was a wonderful project to build and I involved my 7 year old daughter at the time she loved helping. I also grabbed LED lighting (16 ft strip) from eBay for like $20 and put it in there.
post #846 of 910 Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
With the current version, you could run two displays my mirroring the video output, so both screens would show the exact same image. The next release will have better multiple monitor support, including options for both portrait and landscape displays. You'll also be able to specify which displays show the trailers if you don't want it on all screens. I want to finish up the connectivity for MediaBrowser3 integration before I post it though. I appreciate everyones support, its getting closer every day.
super excited for this! thank you

Quote:
To anyone else experiencing the same issue. I believe we have narrowed this one down to being an issue with Internet Explorer compatibility. Should be working fine under Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
I can confirm that the webremote is fubar in IE, but works with chrome, except for one thing. I'm still not able to add titles to my custom lists for some reason. when I click to do so, it looks like it doesn't load all the way. I get a text box where I can type in titles to search for, but none of my cached posters load for me to select them.
post #847 of 910 Old 06-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Thanks for the post. I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question and making such a great program.

War Eagle!
post #848 of 910 Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 AM

new version of the software

meyer64, do you know when a new version of the software will come out?

Thanks
post #849 of 910 Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Weird bug that I cant quite figure out. Say its the first time running movie poster on pc. If you uncheck the transition option, we will just say the fade one, and have none selected and save it. Then it will crash and you cant get back into it. Here is the weird part, even after deleting the movie poster folder and using a brand new install, it still crashes. Even after rebooting after deleting the folder it still crashes. But then I can take the new install and move to a different directory or drive and its fine again. All of this because I unselected the one transition effect, fade. I was able to get in the movieposter.exe config file and enable logs, but it doesn't show anything.
Just finding the custom lists, etc. No reference to shutting down or any error.

Also, anyone else notice the little jump or hiccup before each new poster fades in. Just curious if way to smooth that out.
post #850 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So looking forward to this next release that will work with MediaBrowser 3 - this will be the 'icing on the cake' for my HT remodel and to hear we are getting close is great timing for me.... my money is waiting :-)
post #851 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 03:14 PM

I don't want to have this TV on 24/7 so I am going to use it with my home automation. So I turned the tv off earlier and then back on and get this. Don't know if this is a focus issue or what.
Anyone see this after turning off the TV and back on while leaving movie poster running?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140623_220631078_iOS.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	132777  
post #852 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me23 View Post
I don't want to have this TV on 24/7 so I am going to use it with my home automation. So I turned the tv off earlier and then back on and get this. Don't know if this is a focus issue or what.
Anyone see this after turning off the TV and back on while leaving movie poster running?
Yeah, this looks like the sort of thing that happens when Windows tries to be smart and moves applications around/resizes them to fit on the screens that are active. Are you using an HDMI or VGA connection? Is MoviePoster running on your primary screen or a secondary display?

post #853 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Hdmi and primary screen. Win 7 and nvidia gt430. Latest drivers. I tried some free program that supposed to keep open windows and programs on top, but didn't work. You never had this happen?
post #854 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally got this up and running on a separate throwaway 24" TV. I'll upgrade to at least a 32" later down the line...but this will do for now.

I'm still amazed that it does what it does...thanks SO much again to Meyer for all his hard work. Still have some things to tweak, but the effect for me is jaw-dropping. Not to mention that I just got the motion posters working as well!!

I attached a couple pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140616_065114.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	132929   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140616_065141.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	132937  

Misery Entertainment (in development)

- Panasonic AE8000 projector - 102" 2.39 fixed screen (DIY) - Denon AVR x2000 - Polk Monitor 70s & 30s
- Polk CS2 Center - Dayton 12" Sub - HTPC running XBMC - Xbox 360 - Panny BDT110 BD Player - Harmony One remote
post #855 of 910 Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Ok, after some digging around, apparently its a hdmi edid issue. By blocking pin 19 on the cable with a small strip of electrical tape took care of it.
post #856 of 910 Old 06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thank You for Your Wonderful Contribution

Quote:
Excellent video to show off the capabilities of the app! Thank you very much for sharing.
I wanted to write and thank you for the invaluable contribution to our Audio/Video Home Theater hobby you have made through your free MoviePoster software program. I know that it is a "labor of love" and it is folks like you who have made AVS such a wonderful "go to" website for everyone interested in the hobby and for building and improving our home theatera, no matter how big or small they may be.

I sincerely wish AVS would create and distribute an "AVS Award" to you and to folks like you on AVS who have provided such wonderful innovations for all of us to enjoy as a direct result of your love for the hobby and all that it CAN become.

Thank you for your kindness in sharing your MoviePoster software program, and expertise with all of us! We want you to know how much we appreciate you and all that you continue to do

Gratefully Yours,
Jmouse007
post #857 of 910 Old 06-24-2014, 04:30 PM

Liked: 10
Custom Lists: Cannot Add any Posters to any Custom List in 1.0.1.7 (Preview Release)

First let me say that I really like the program and all of the work you've obviously put into it. I've initially installed ver. 1.0.1.6 and have become fairly familiar with it. I 'm presently not using the "Now Playing" feature because I have a Plex server and not an XBMC system, custom lists are more of an interest for me. I thought I'd also audition the coming features in you're preview version, 1.0.1.7 so I installed it taking care to make sure it's in a different folder and also changing the default port 8082 to 8092 for the beta install. I can run them separately, one at a time of course, and not have any interaction problems.

Now, in testing the features and new layout of the setup screen and the Web-Remote screens in 1.0.1.7, I've discovered that I cannot add any posters to any of the Custom Lists. Not even the ones provided with the install such as, Favorites, Comics, Kids, etc. I can add a new Custom List but I cannot add any posters to that list either. This of course works fine in 1.0.1.6.

So now I'm thinking that it's because I have two installs on the same machine and there must be some interaction, so I install the 1.0.1.7 pre-release on a different Windows Vista machine of which has never had an install of any version of the Movie Poster App and I get the same results. Otherwise, both programs do everything else like it should except for the known bugs still in 1.0.1.7.

Is this another known bug in 1.0.1.7 and I've somehow missed reading about it in this forum?

Tested on 2 PC's with Windows Vista Installs and with latest updates and using FireFox Browser for Web-remote.

Last edited by AVMax; 06-24-2014 at 04:37 PM.
post #858 of 910 Old 06-24-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
I wanted to write and thank you for the invaluable contribution to our Audio/Video Home Theater hobby you have made through your free MoviePoster software program. I know that it is a "labor of love" and it is folks like you who have made AVS such a wonderful "go to" website for everyone interested in the hobby and for building and improving our home theatera, no matter how big or small they may be.

I sincerely wish AVS would create and distribute an "AVS Award" to you and to folks like you on AVS who have provided such wonderful innovations for all of us to enjoy as a direct result of your love for the hobby and all that it CAN become.

Thank you for your kindness in sharing your MoviePoster software program, and expertise with all of us! We want you to know how much we appreciate you and all that you continue to do

Gratefully Yours,
Jmouse007

Thank you very much! I certainly appreciate it! I'm happy to give back to the community that helped me to create my own home theater. It's been a dream come true.

post #859 of 910 Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMax View Post
Custom Lists: Cannot Add any Posters to any Custom List in 1.0.1.7 (Preview Release)

First let me say that I really like the program and all of the work you've obviously put into it. I've initially installed ver. 1.0.1.6 and have become fairly familiar with it. I 'm presently not using the "Now Playing" feature because I have a Plex server and not an XBMC system, custom lists are more of an interest for me. I thought I'd also audition the coming features in you're preview version, 1.0.1.7 so I installed it taking care to make sure it's in a different folder and also changing the default port 8082 to 8092 for the beta install. I can run them separately, one at a time of course, and not have any interaction problems.

Now, in testing the features and new layout of the setup screen and the Web-Remote screens in 1.0.1.7, I've discovered that I cannot add any posters to any of the Custom Lists. Not even the ones provided with the install such as, Favorites, Comics, Kids, etc. I can add a new Custom List but I cannot add any posters to that list either. This of course works fine in 1.0.1.6.

So now I'm thinking that it's because I have two installs on the same machine and there must be some interaction, so I install the 1.0.1.7 pre-release on a different Windows Vista machine of which has never had an install of any version of the Movie Poster App and I get the same results. Otherwise, both programs do everything else like it should except for the known bugs still in 1.0.1.7.

Is this another known bug in 1.0.1.7 and I've somehow missed reading about it in this forum?

Tested on 2 PC's with Windows Vista Installs and with latest updates and using FireFox Browser for Web-remote.
That issue has been mentioned by a couple users of 1.0.1.7, and although i haven't confirmed it yet myself, it seems likely its a bug in that release. I will be sure to verify that its fixed before I post the next version.

post #860 of 910 Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
That issue has been mentioned by a couple users of 1.0.1.7, and although i haven't confirmed it yet myself, it seems likely its a bug in that release. I will be sure to verify that its fixed before I post the next version.
Thanks, I really appreciate the quick reply. I'm going to look forward to the next release because the new features and the new layout in the web remote screens are a nice improvement and now, off to trying the motion poster feature and obtaining a 42" screen. I'll be sending you a donation because it's definitely worth it!

Thanks again.
post #861 of 910 Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a question on XBMC integration......If I start playback of a file using UPNP feature with XBMC (Play Using...) for playback on a separate device, will your software be able to pick up that playback was initiated and show the correct poster?

I don't really like talking about my flair

post #862 of 910 Old 06-26-2014, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post
I have a question on XBMC integration......If I start playback of a file using UPNP feature with XBMC (Play Using...) for playback on a separate device, will your software be able to pick up that playback was initiated and show the correct poster?
I'm honestly not sure, but if xbmc displays the cover art for the media (I'm not sure if it does for upnp streams) , movieposter should pull that from xbmc.
post #863 of 910 Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 AM

Liked: 0
Custom Lists and Trailers not working in current preview build

Hey Meyer64,

First off I just want to say this is such a cool piece of software and I can't thank you enough for it!

I have a couple questions/problems;

First I'm wondering if anyone is having problems creating custom lists in the latest preview version 1.0.1.7? I'm not able to add any of my titles to my custom lists. Adding movies to my cache works fine, but when I try to add them to a custom list, no titles display, there's nothing to select. I tried doing this in version 1.0.1.6 and it works no problem. I also manually went into the lists directory and added a title to the text file and that still didn't work. There was another user a page back that had/having the same issue but no one responded to him.

Second question, I can't seem to stream any trailers. Playing trailers that are already downloaded play fine but when I try to play something that hasn't I get a black box for a second then it disappears. I am aware of the youtube-dl.exe problem and I have replaced it with the latest version but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
post #864 of 910 Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 PM

If anyone is interested I ran into a link to the Brazilian xbmc site. This thread has motion poster gifs, ones I never seen before. On the posts that show a clickable slideshow, just hover your mouse over the area and click the cog wheel at the top right and select download full resolution.
http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/showthread.php?tid=1730
post #865 of 910 Old 06-29-2014, 12:14 PM

I tried those motions pictures but it look like is very low resolution when you do in the frame. Did you tried those?
post #866 of 910 Old 06-29-2014, 01:41 PM

I haven't tried them yet, but yeah that's the problem they are generally not high resolution. I think mp4 ones are generally the best.
post #867 of 910 Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 PM

Liked: 0
No Connection

This program looks absolutely amazing. I'm hoping to integrate it with XBMC in my my home theater, but I'm having issues. I live in a very rural area with horrible Internet. I'm still connected to the Internet, but I prefer doing everything locally on my machines. I have dual monitors connected to my HTPC, one running XBMC and one (hopefully soon) running MoviePoster. I don't care to show any "coming soon" posters - I just want MoviePoster to display the poster of the movie I'm currently playing. I've read through the forum and I've checked and rechecked my webserver settings and everything, but MoviePoster constantly says "no connection" in the background. I can't do anything to integrate it. Please help. I would be more than happy to donate to this project if I can get it working with my setup.
post #868 of 910 Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Are you sure you have "allow other devices to control xbmc" checked in xbmc settings?
post #869 of 910 Old 07-03-2014, 09:18 PM

could someone point me to a quick tutorial on how to get that gold text in your logos via paint.net?

Misery Entertainment (in development)

- Panasonic AE8000 projector - 102" 2.39 fixed screen (DIY) - Denon AVR x2000 - Polk Monitor 70s & 30s
- Polk CS2 Center - Dayton 12" Sub - HTPC running XBMC - Xbox 360 - Panny BDT110 BD Player - Harmony One remote
post #870 of 910 Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM

That Explains It

Quote:
Well phoohey...thought I had gone insane, could not get the buttons to work on 3 machines..Eventually went with a dedicated machine in an understairwell room running a slide show to a 35 inch display mounted to the wall. Manually downloaded an additional 300 posters from IMDB. It has been a huge hit with everyone and I could not have gotten this far without your idea and others who commented in this forum. I learned a valuable lesson while manually grabbing them. If there is heavy web traffic to the site sometimes it will only save a small jpg of the poster after you right click to save as..so double check the size lol.
Thanks again all!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page