MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #871 of 885 Old 07-04-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Meyer did you ever ID that bug that causes it to freeze after playing awhile?
I have this on a dedicated machine, and after running for about a day and a half it will throw the ol BSOD and I have to reboot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 885 Old 07-04-2014, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Yes. The freezing issue is fixed for the next release. I'm also happy to say that mb3 integration is almost 100% complete.
Barrettmr and Daniel Chaves like this.
post #873 of 885 Old 07-04-2014, 07:37 PM

Very nice. I know I donated to you already, but on the next release you SHALL HAVE ANOTHER!!!!
Daniel Chaves likes this.
post #874 of 885 Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got the software working just fine on my Windows 8.1 laptop today. Anyone know a reason why this wouldn't work with the miracast integration they added in the dot1 update? I would just need to get a receiver for my poster monitor and configure it as a second screen. Would be nice to have everything controlled from my PC rather than purchasing a second just for the poster cabinet. In fact, I'll try and test and let everyone know the results.
post #875 of 885 Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Meyer, don't mean to bug you, but do you have a eta on the next release. A lot of good bug fixes and features added in there, cant wait to see it!
post #876 of 885 Old 07-11-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm guessing next week sometime. I should have a few hours to work on it each day and get the kinks worked out.
post #877 of 885 Old 07-12-2014, 07:36 AM

That's great. Thank you, looking forward to it
post #878 of 885 Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm getting a service unavailable error when I try to go to the movieposter app webpage. Can anyone else get the page to load?
post #879 of 885 Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
I'm getting a service unavailable error when I try to go to the movieposter app webpage. Can anyone else get the page to load?
Same here, the site seems to be down right now...
post #880 of 885 Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
Same here, the site seems to be down right now...
The site is up again now. Sorry. My web host doesn't seem to be the most reliable.
post #881 of 885 Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I'm guessing next week sometime. I should have a few hours to work on it each day and get the kinks worked out.
Any updates on this? Thanks

Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE (L/R)---Ascend 340 SE Center---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---AVR Denon 4311CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
post #882 of 885 Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sorry guys life events strike again.... Water Pump went out in my car so I only made about half the progress I intended to.
post #883 of 885 Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry guys life events strike again.... Water Pump went out in my car so I only made about half the progress I intended to.
Sorry to hear that...hope you got it sorted out now. I find life just keeps throwing these challenges for us, had a mini water related leak event myself this week which completely turned everything I planned upside down so I know how it feels lol

I'll check back in another week or two, can't wait for this next release - having this working with my MB3 setup will be just amazing and well worth a donation to keep things going....

Quick question on the Mediabrowser3 integration, and sorry if this has already been discussed...will we be able to select which user profile will be used for the 'Now Showing' feature. I was thinking about this the other day when I saw in the MB3 dashboard that both my kids were watching movies and thought ok which would show in VMP as the now showing with the end time.

Thanks!
post #884 of 885 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
Sorry to hear that...hope you got it sorted out now. I find life just keeps throwing these challenges for us, had a mini water related leak
Quick question on the Mediabrowser3 integration, and sorry if this has already been discussed...will we be able to select which user profile will be used for the 'Now Showing' feature. I was thinking about this the other day when I saw in the MB3 dashboard that both my kids were watching movies and thought ok which would show in VMP as the now showing with the end time.
The way that I have it working now, it watches a specific MB3 Client instance, regardless of the user profile that's using it. So anything that plays on that instance will be displayed. For example, you have an MB3 Client in the Theater and you set MoviePoster to watch that instance. MoviePoster will display posters for anything played on that instance, but if your kids watch a movie on a client in their bedroom, it will be ignored. I don't think it would be difficult to watch a user profile instead if that would be preferable.
post #885 of 885 Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The way that I have it working now, it watches a specific MB3 Client instance, regardless of the user profile that's using it. So anything that plays on that instance will be displayed. For example, you have an MB3 Client in the Theater and you set MoviePoster to watch that instance. MoviePoster will display posters for anything played on that instance, but if your kids watch a movie on a client in their bedroom, it will be ignored. I don't think it would be difficult to watch a user profile instead if that would be preferable.

May be something to think about for a future release, thinking about multiple screens showing data from different clients may be cool :-) at this rate I may as well build a multiplex theater at home lol... For my needs now I think having the theater client linked would be cool.

Thanks!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page