MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #901 of 905 Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it possible to map the trailer 'T' shortcut key to a different key? I want to use a pushbutton and Teensy to map the button to the keyboard so someone can push the button to watch the trailer. But I plan to put up 2 of these and run 2 instances of Movie Poster and would like to be able to have a push button for each poster to be able to play the trailer.

This is probably one of the coolest apps I've seen, even my wife was impressed Thanks for all your hard work and donation coming shortly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 905 Old 08-27-2014, 12:47 PM

good job!

I use this movie poster software for create posters. Its very easy and fast. Somewhat later I will let down my posters here
post #903 of 905 Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin00 View Post
Is it possible to map the trailer 'T' shortcut key to a different key? I want to use a pushbutton and Teensy to map the button to the keyboard so someone can push the button to watch the trailer. But I plan to put up 2 of these and run 2 instances of Movie Poster and would like to be able to have a push button for each poster to be able to play the trailer.

This is probably one of the coolest apps I've seen, even my wife was impressed Thanks for all your hard work and donation coming shortly!
This is what I used for what you say.

http://pcsensor.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=102
post #904 of 905 Old 08-29-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post

Also, just to share another project idea of mine:
I didn't want to leave the poster display on all the time and it is a bit tedious to have to turn it on and off all the time. So I designed a solution to use a Teensy USB development board (like an arduino) , a PIR motion sensor, and some relays to control the screen. the plan is that the device will watch for motion in the area, turn on the screen and wakes up the PC. When no motion is detected for say 30 minutes, it turns the screen off. It will monitor the power state of the screen so it wont send the 'power on' button press if the screen is already on. This will be independent of the PC, so it can be used even if the PC is set to go to standby after a set amount of time. The Teensy can send a simulated keyboard event over USB to wake the PC in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I have my motion sensor project working! I used a PIR motion sensor, a Teensy USB development board, and an arduino relay module.

This is my PIR motion sensor:

for now I just set it on top of the poster display, but eventually I'll make a nice housing for it and either wall or ceiling mount it.
It has a 3 pin connector, with +5v, ground, and +3.3v signal output. the signal output goes high when motion is detected and low when there is no motion.

the +5v and ground are supplied by the usb connection to the Teensy board. the 3.3v trigger is connected back to one of the digital inputs on the Teensy.

Also connected to the Teensy Board, is a 5v arduino relay module. the relay is triggered by one of the Teensy digital IO pins and is wired to the TV's button panel to simulate a button push on the power button. You could also send a power code over IR if you wanted to.

I also have a signal wire running from the IR/LED module to one of the analog inputs on the Teensy. This is used to determine the power state of the TV. when its on, approx 3v is sent to an analog input on the teensy. I chose to use the analog input simply to avoid connecting any extra circuitry to make it work on the digital inputs. (need at least 3.3v to signal HIGH input). this way we only simulate a power button push to turn the tv on if its in the off state, if its already on, the relay doesnt need to be triggered because it would turn the screen off instead.

Once motion is detected, the relay is triggered to turn the screen on. after a set amount of time (i figured 20 minutes was good), the relay is triggered again to turn the screen off. every time motion is detected the timeout is reset, so the screen will stay on as long as there is movement before the 20 min timeout expires. The code i wrote for the Teensy also watches for Strings to be sent over USB-Serial so I can send a command from the MoviePoster software to turn the screen on. For example, I always want the poster display on when a movie is playing, regardless of if motion is detected. this could also be used to turn the display on and off at certain times of day.

This is beautiful,

Just came across this thread. I was contemplating using a digital signage software program that can display posters, videos and all that on a monitor as you do but your program is so much nicer for this purpose.

I'm curious about your motion sensor project. That is exactly how I would want to set up a display. Don't want it on all the time, or deal with turning it on and off. I want it on when it senses motion during certain time of the day and perhaps only on certain days. In fact I just ordered earlier this week a mini motion sensor for a Home Theater Marquee sign that I'm making to turn LED lights on and off. It simply gets wired in to the power supply for turning on and off.

How did yours turn out. I may have missed as I was skimming thru your posts and didn't see it mentioned it again. Does it perform they way you expected it to. I know you list all the products that you used but do you have a rough estimate of cost (I know its been a while but just wondering).

Finally is this project plug and play or is some basic coding required? I would love to do this but not sure I would be able to if that is the case. My son can, so I can call on him for help if it's anything substantial. However, he's gonna out of state and Dad's project probably wouldn't take priority.

Really love what you have done. If I can make this project happen you will have my support.

BTW PLEX user, so if you ever make it work on that platform that would be awesome.

EDIT: Found this helpful post.

MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software.

Man my wife is gonna kill me when she see's what I wanna do with a flat panel

Last edited by oman321; 08-29-2014 at 12:07 PM.
post #905 of 905 Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraptor View Post
This is what I used for what you say.

http://pcsensor.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=102
How did you tell MoviePoster which trailer to start or do you just run the same thing on multiple screens? Or does your solution allow you to enter the program .exe and then a key stroke as well? I like this idea, I just don't want to have 2 different trailers playing at the same time over each other.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page