MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

Old 12-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hmmm, just tried to download 1.0.1.7, and the website is down?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Sorry, the site does seem to be down at the moment. My hosting provider really isn't very good. I'll send you a direct download link when I get home.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:48 PM

Awesome, sorry to be such a PITA, and thanks for all the help!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:41 PM

Well, it looks like 1.0.1.7 was the solution. Once your server came back up I downloaded it, installed, and it worked like a charm.

The only thing I see as a problem now is that the "Fade Now Showing" seems to work in reverse. If I don't have the box checked, I get it faded to 25%. If I check the box and set it to 99%, it looks correct.

I still can't get Trailers to work tho...

Old 12-16-2014, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Looks like you beat me to it!

The trailers not playing could be due to the fact that the youtude-dl.exe included in the downloads is out of date.
You can update the file yourself if you want. just download the windows version of youtube-dl.exe and replace the existing file in the MoviePoster/mplayer directory.
You can find the newest version of youtube-dl here:
http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

I've also updated the 1.0.1.7 download on the website to include the most recent version as of today.
Direct download link for 1.0.1.7 with updated youtube-dl.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/by...1.7_Preview.7z

Last edited by meyer64; 12-16-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:17 PM

Thanks for such great responses Meyer, I really appreciate it! I also don't know if I'm the best bug tracker on the forum, or the worst user??

I d/l'd and installed the new youtube-dl, and that didn't solve my problem. I click on the "show trailer" from the web remote, and it doesn't work. The bottom third of the screen goes black for a sec (as if the trailer is going to start there), then flashes back to the poster.

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm still having firewall probs? If I save something in Settings, about 50% of the time the app comes back up with "No Connection". The other 50% it works like a charm.

I say I'm possibly the worst debugger, b/c I'm also having problems with MotionPosters too... I d/l'd the Dredd one, and put it in ../Cache/Movies/tt1343727-Dredd directory as "Dredd-motionposter.mp4". I then opened up Settings/Display Options, and checked "Show MotionPoster if available". When I start Dredd in XBMC, the "Coming Soon" fades into "Now Playing", showing Dredd, but it doesn't see the Motion Poster. Thoughts?

Old 12-16-2014, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post
Thanks for such great responses Meyer, I really appreciate it! I also don't know if I'm the best bug tracker on the forum, or the worst user??

I d/l'd and installed the new youtube-dl, and that didn't solve my problem. I click on the "show trailer" from the web remote, and it doesn't work. The bottom third of the screen goes black for a sec (as if the trailer is going to start there), then flashes back to the poster.

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm still having firewall probs? If I save something in Settings, about 50% of the time the app comes back up with "No Connection". The other 50% it works like a charm.

I say I'm possibly the worst debugger, b/c I'm also having problems with MotionPosters too... I d/l'd the Dredd one, and put it in ../Cache/Movies/tt1343727-Dredd directory as "Dredd-motionposter.mp4". I then opened up Settings/Display Options, and checked "Show MotionPoster if available". When I start Dredd in XBMC, the "Coming Soon" fades into "Now Playing", showing Dredd, but it doesn't see the Motion Poster. Thoughts?
I'm happy to work with you on any issues you have! If nothing else if gives me a kick in the pants to hurry up and get the next release ready.

Another user had the same issue as you with the trailers not playing. this could fix .mp4 format motion posters as well. .mp4 motionposters use the mplayer core just like the trailers do.

from a previous post
" For some reason, mplayer needs to prep/cache a TON of fonts, even though they're never used. It seems that Movie Poster never lets mplayer run long enough to do all of its prep work. The fix was to run mplayer separately from Movie Poster once and let it do its thing. "

the mplayer exe is in the MoviePoster/mplayer directory. try running it on its own to let it build the font cache and let me know if it helps!
Old 12-17-2014, 05:35 AM

Hmm, I think that worked, at least for the trailers.

I decided to try to simplify things, and go from there.

I shut down XBMC, and ran MoviePoster by itself. I checked out the readme and html, then ran mplayer from the command line, so I could watch its debug level. Nothing there really, and I was surprised at how quickly it ran. I was still reading the man page, when I heard a trailer playing! So, it looks like that fixed the problem with at least streaming trailers!

Then I started up XBMC, and the connection status changed to "Connected". I saved the MoviePoster app settings to get it to restart, and it came back up with "Connected to 13.2 stable on 127.0.0.1... " as expected. So that's a lesson learned: Start XBMC first. I went into XBMC and started a movie that I have that's also in the default movies with the MoviePoster app. Back to Dredd, and the MoviePoster faded right into Dredd as expected. I noticed a few things:

1) The MotionPoster still didn't work for Dredd
(I only have that one, so I'll try to find another and see if that makes any difference)

2) The trailer for Dredd didn't work
(There are others that don't work VERY rarely, so I'm betting it's not MP's fault)

3) When I stopped the movie, the header still showed Start/End time AND Coming Soon
(In fairness, XBMC locked up on me, so I hard-killed it. Once I re-started XBMC, then restarted Dredd, the header fixed itself)

Screen cap attached, in case anyone can find something wrong with the way I have MotionPoster configured.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MP.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	427090  

Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Oh man, saw a post by Meyer and I thought was going to be the new update. Any news Meyer? Christmas present perhaps . Only reason I'm bugging you is because you made such a great program. So it's your fault!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by me23 View Post
Oh man, saw a post by Meyer and I thought was going to be the new update. Any news Meyer? Christmas present perhaps . Only reason I'm bugging you is because you made such a great program. So it's your fault!
@ meyer64: Looking for the next release also as I had stopped using MP due to number of small issues. Seeing post 935, I downloaded 1.0.1.7. However I am getting some weird black and white images between the posters. Where are these from? Can I get rid of them?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loma View Post
@ meyer64: Looking for the next release also as I had stopped using MP due to number of small issues. Seeing post 935, I downloaded 1.0.1.7. However I am getting some weird black and white images between the posters. Where are these from? Can I get rid of them?

I'm not sure what you'd be seeing. Any chance you can send me a picture / screenshot?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me23 View Post
Probably not by Christmas, but I do have a couple weeks off over the holidays. I know you've been waiting for an update for a long time. I WILL post a new build before I go back to work on Jan 5th, even if its not quite finished.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I'm not sure what you'd be seeing. Any chance you can send me a picture / screenshot?
I will try to get at least a screen shot. In the interim, one image is text and reads: StudioBabelsberg

Screen shot of another one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../MPCapture.PNG

Checking further, it looks like the black and white images may be coming from the logos/studio folder.

Last edited by loma; 12-18-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thanks Meyer!
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loma View Post
I will try to get at least a screen shot. In the interim, one image is text and reads: StudioBabelsberg

Screen shot of another one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../MPCapture.PNG

Checking further, it looks like the black and white images may be coming from the logos/studio folder.
@Meyer : Any idea what's causing this?
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Not exactly, no. There is a helper method that retrieves those images based on meta data. I suppose if it can't find the right image it could be leaving an old one in memory somewhere. Does it happen every time a new poster is shown, or only sometimes? If not always, can you make note of what is shown before and after the logo image?
Old Today, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Not exactly, no. There is a helper method that retrieves those images based on meta data. I suppose if it can't find the right image it could be leaving an old one in memory somewhere. Does it happen every time a new poster is shown, or only sometimes? If not always, can you make note of what is shown before and after the logo image?
Thanks. In the interim I deleted and reinstalled however no change. Then I did it again and it's working now.