MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #991 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
So how do you add shows for the Showtime feature? When I am in the window and search for movie ie: Gone Girl (which is in cache) I get nothing.
Click the little blue plus icon in the top right corner. I'm traveling today, but I can post some screenshots later tonight.
Think I got it. Works on iPhone. When trying with IE 11 on same PC running MP when click + does nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Posters are currently scaled internally for a 1080p display. I could add an option to scale them to different resolutions but of course it won't ever look better than the source image resolution.
I have found a lot of higher res versions of the posters (many via www.impawards.com). Was just trying to figure out an easy way to use them in MoviePoster (as opposed to scaling the lower res images).
post #993 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So how do you add shows for the Showtime feature? When I am in the window and search for movie ie: Gone Girl (which is in cache) I get nothing.
Click the little blue plus icon in the top right corner. I'm traveling today, but I can post some screenshots later tonight.
Think I got it. Works on iPhone. When trying with IE 11 on same PC running MP when click + does nothing.
Chrome, Firefox and safari should all work. There are a few issues with the Web remote when using IE.
post #994 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am trying to get just my local posters to display only. I have unclicked everything on the "TMDB options" tab and have linked the folder on my server that contains all of my posters. I see all of my posters in the "custom poster" page on the remote browser but they will not show on the application.
Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong. Also, I can click on any poster on the remote browser and it will show but will not switch to one of the others.
Thanks
post #995 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 04:05 PM

So how does the fade duration work? Default is 0.30. Is this the time the fade last?
post #996 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
So how does the fade duration work? Default is 0.30. Is this the time the fade last?
Fade duration is how long it takes to fade to the desired Dim percentage. I've had reports that is not always working as expected, so I need to some testing.
The way it supposed to work with the default settings, is that it takes 30 seconds to fade to 25% of the normal brightness. That's a fairly gradual fade. you can decrease the fade duration if you want it to be a more abrupt change.
post #997 of 1295 Old 01-12-2015, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertech View Post
I am trying to get just my local posters to display only. I have unclicked everything on the "TMDB options" tab and have linked the folder on my server that contains all of my posters. I see all of my posters in the "custom poster" page on the remote browser but they will not show on the application.
Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong. Also, I can click on any poster on the remote browser and it will show but will not switch to one of the others.
Thanks
As always, if you want to send me a log I can take a look. Make sure you have the Show Custom Posters checkbox on the User Posters tab checked. The frequency is how often they should be displayed. if its set to 2, there will be 2 'normal' posters loaded between every custom poster, if frequency is 0, then only custom posters will be shown, essentially a photo slideshow.

I suspect your problem could also have to do with the posters being on your server and not locally stored. I just tested with the default location as well as a local folder on the desktop and it works as expected on my machine. I don't have access to a network drive to test at the moment though. If you are using a UNC path , i.e. \\servername\sharename , try mapping a drive letter to that location and pointing MoviePoster to that path.
post #998 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 06:56 AM

Liked: 6
I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you put in on this, it's a killer app!

I was looking for a way to utilize ChromeCast to send a slideshow of posters wirelessly to my "virtual poster" screen, but I came across a link to this on another forum, and it just does so much more than what I was aiming for that I had to change my plans... and it has XBMC integration?! Great job man!

Now I've just gotta wait for my cords to arrive so I can get this set up properly... unless you wanna throw in some ChromeCast support before my order ships so I can cancel it (LOL). Seriously though, I can deal with the extra cord in exchange for the functionality this provides. Once I get everything setup and working you can expect a donation.

Again, great job man.
post #999 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 07:14 AM

UPDATE: I can check the boxes on "TMDB options" and I get both new and my personal posters. Only one problem with the new posters, some of them are not in English. I then uncheck the options on "TMDB options" and get nothing. The "Show Custom Posters" is checked.
post #1000 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM

I've been playing around with this a little bit on my laptop while I wait for my VGA cable to get here. I've read through most of this thread, but I either missed it, or it wasn't asked...

When paired with XBMC will it get posters for the movies already in my library, or will I have to add them manually? I'm more interested in displaying posters for movies I already own more than upcoming movies (although that is a BIG plus).

Also: 1000th post stolen by the newb lol.
post #1001 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertech View Post
UPDATE: I can check the boxes on "TMDB options" and I get both new and my personal posters. Only one problem with the new posters, some of them are not in English. I then uncheck the options on "TMDB options" and get nothing. The "Show Custom Posters" is checked.
I'll look into it, but as a work around for now, leave the tmdb option checked and change the custom poster frequency to 0 if you just want to see your own custom posters.
post #1002 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0r4z1n3 View Post
I've been playing around with this a little bit on my laptop while I wait for my VGA cable to get here. I've read through most of this thread, but I either missed it, or it wasn't asked...

When paired with XBMC will it get posters for the movies already in my library, or will I have to add them manually? I'm more interested in displaying posters for movies I already own more than upcoming movies (although that is a BIG plus).

Also: 1000th post stolen by the newb lol.
Currently there is no method to do a mass import of posters for your xbmc library. However you can add a poster for any movie you want using the web remote. I know it can be a bit tedious if you have a lot of posters you want to add. Also, with the default options MoviePoster will cache the poster for the 'Now Playing' display, so anything you play in XBMC will have a poster that gets added to the rotation.
post #1003 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Currently there is no method to do a mass import of posters for your xbmc library. However you can add a poster for any movie you want using the web remote. I know it can be a bit tedious if you have a lot of posters you want to add. Also, with the default options MoviePoster will cache the poster for the 'Now Playing' display, so anything you play in XBMC will have a poster that gets added to the rotation.
Thanks for the fast response! Seems pretty straight forward. I don't mind manually entering data, I'm a computer nerd from way back before there were so many tools to do such things lol.

A quick follow-up, if you don't mind; I should be able to just start each movie, and let it play for a minute or two to get it to automatically scrape each poster right?
post #1004 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th0r4z1n3 View Post
A quick follow-up, if you don't mind; I should be able to just start each movie, and let it play for a minute or two to get it to automatically scrape each poster right?
yep that should work.
post #1005 of 1295 Old 01-13-2015, 08:18 PM

The work around worked perfectly. Thank you very much.
post #1006 of 1295 Old 01-14-2015, 06:53 PM

Meyer64 two issues found today.

Running Windows 7. Created a Scheduled Task to start program at start up. When program starts shows not registered. Also the web server doesn't work. If I close program and start it normal all is fine.
post #1007 of 1295 Old 01-15-2015, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64
I believe the problem you're having with the plugins not loading is due to the file location your running it from (root of c:, not a user folder/desktop or program files. ) and security checks done by the .net framework. Ive made a slight change that might fix this. Can you please test this executable? just copy it to your MoviePoster folder, run it and let me know if your results are any different. thanks!
]
Hi Meyer64 The forum wont let me reply to your PM as I have less than 15 posts???

I have tried the new .exe file MoviePoster(2).exe, once the program starts I get the registration dialogue box popup but not the settings box, if I right click and select settings the program closes.
I have also tried downloading movieposter and running it on the desktop but it has the same issues.

Thanks Dave
post #1008 of 1295 Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Meyer64 two issues found today.

Running Windows 7. Created a Scheduled Task to start program at start up. When program starts shows not registered. Also the web server doesn't work. If I close program and start it normal all is fine.

So on top of this issue I found that when connected to Kodi stable and watching something the screen does change to the Now Playing with times and poster. However randomly during the show the screen will go full brightness and show the Great Dane poster. Then after few secs goes back to the show poster dimed and all looks good. Just keeps randomly doing this during the whole show.
post #1009 of 1295 Old 01-15-2015, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

How often does this happen? Any chance you can send me a log? The behavior you describe can happen if movieposter loses the connection to xbmc/kodi or otherwise thinks that playback had stopped.
post #1010 of 1295 Old 01-15-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
How often does this happen? Any chance you can send me a log? The behavior you describe can happen if movieposter loses the connection to xbmc/kodi or otherwise thinks that playback had stopped.
I will try tomorrow when get home from work. Maybe it is losing connection. It's atom pc with wireless built in. Router isn't far but never know how good wireless in cheap pc is.
post #1011 of 1295 Old 01-16-2015, 02:47 PM

Well I was going to post an "in progress pic" since my mounting bracket came in today, and I was able to get it hung up, but apparently my post count isn't high enough yet. Hopefully by the time my VGA/HDMI adapter arrives I'll be able to post some pics.

Anyone have any tips on running 3 screens off of 1 pc? After getting it hung up, I think I should probably get another one while they're on clearance...you know...for symmetry and all.
post #1012 of 1295 Old 01-17-2015, 01:06 PM

We are working on the frame and etc today!
post #1013 of 1295 Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
We are working on the frame and etc today!
Any chance of some pics? I love to look at other people's setups and ideas.
post #1014 of 1295 Old 01-17-2015, 03:27 PM

Also that last post put me over the amount I needed to be able to post pics, so here are a couple of in progress pics. I'm just running a simple slideshow from a thumb drive right now, until I get the rest of the stuff I need to hook it up to my HTPC, then I can actually make use of all the awesome in this program.

(Don't mind the clutter, I was rushing to get everything up before I had to leave for work.)

If everything goes as planned I'll be picking up the second screen Tuesday, that should make things look a bit more balanced. And once I get the VGA/HDMI adapter in, I'll be able to hide the cords and make it look a bit more proper.
post #1015 of 1295 Old 01-17-2015, 04:44 PM

We are going to stain it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	485105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	485113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	485121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	485129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	485137  

Name:	IMG_0802.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	485145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0803.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	485153  
post #1016 of 1295 Old 01-18-2015, 06:58 AM

So how the does the Trivia part work? Does it work like the XBMC add-on Cinema Experience where it plays the question slide then the answer slide?

Right now seems to just play the first question and answer slide. I have TONS of stuff from this site that would be GREAT to add to this project.

http://cinemavision.org/joomla/

Last edited by rmilyard; 01-18-2015 at 08:30 AM.
post #1017 of 1295 Old 01-18-2015, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
So how the does the Trivia part work? Does it work like the XBMC add-on Cinema Experience where it plays the question slide then the answer slide?

Right now seems to just play the first question and answer slide. I have TONS of stuff from this site that would be GREAT to add to this project.

http://cinemavision.org/joomla/
Yes, it will display question / answer slides. the files just need to be named appropriately. question slides should end with _q , answer slides should end with _a

For example, two files named triviaSlide_q.jpg and triviaSlide_a.jpg will be shown as a sequential group. the question slide will display for the set time period, followed by the answer slide. you can also use _a and _b suffixes in the same way. If the files do not contain either suffix, they will be displayed individually.
post #1018 of 1295 Old 01-18-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, it will display question / answer slides. the files just need to be named appropriately. question slides should end with _q , answer slides should end with _a

For example, two files named triviaSlide_q.jpg and triviaSlide_a.jpg will be shown as a sequential group. the question slide will display for the set time period, followed by the answer slide. you can also use _a and _b suffixes in the same way. If the files do not contain either suffix, they will be displayed individually.

Here is what it looks like right now. It only plays the first question then answer slide. The others don't play.

I would be nice to get this working in my room. Wife loves this stuff and she will be less mad for the $$$ I spent!

Seeing this error in log:

1/18/2015 10:13:55 AM - Initializing displays
1/18/2015 10:13:55 AM - Init MainWindow
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - MainWindow ready
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Initializing mPlayer on DisplayID0:Playing File: C:\Users\Ray\Desktop\MoviePoster (1.0.1.8 Alpha Rev3)\MoviePoster (1.0.1.8 Alpha Rev3)\mplayer\init.avi
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Init
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Initializing mPlayer on DisplayID1:Playing File: C:\Users\Ray\Desktop\MoviePoster (1.0.1.8 Alpha Rev3)\MoviePoster (1.0.1.8 Alpha Rev3)\mplayer\init.avi
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Displays have been started.
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Building context menu...
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Init Variables...
1/18/2015 10:13:56 AM - Init Home Screen....
1/18/2015 10:13:57 AM - Importing Plugins...
1/18/2015 10:13:57 AM - Finished Importing Plugins...
1/18/2015 10:13:57 AM - postercontroller is ready.
1/18/2015 10:13:57 AM - There was an error getting Trivia: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
1/18/2015 10:13:57 AM - Remote control webserver is running on port 8082.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	565.1 KB
ID:	486017  

Last edited by rmilyard; 01-18-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Update
post #1019 of 1295 Old 01-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Also for the Trivia is it random slides or play them in order by file name?
post #1020 of 1295 Old 01-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Also for the Trivia is it random slides or play them in order by file name?
I think you need a .xml file in the trivia section, but am not sure. I haven't tried that. But I have this xml in my question and answer trivia folder and seems to work in the CE plugin for Kodi.
<slides>
<slide>
<question format="Slide([0-9]{1,3})_a\.jpg" />
<clue format="slide([0-9]{1,3})_c\.jpg" />
<answer format="Slide([0-9]{1,3})_b\.jpg" />
<mpaa = "N/A">
</slide>
</slides>

The Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---DIY Volt 10 (surrounds 9.4)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--AVR Denon 4311CI---Emotiva Xpa-3---Behringer Nu6000DSP iNuke---TV Vizio 70---110" Motorized Screen---Epson 8350 Projector---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page