MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 35 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes
post #1021 of 1047 Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have that. But doesn't work with MP. Does in CE but add on has so many issues which is way MP would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1047 Old 01-18-2015, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
Also for the Trivia is it random slides or play them in order by file name?
Its random. However I did identify the cause of your problem. I'll send you a link soon to test if the issue is resolved.
post #1023 of 1047 Old 01-18-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Quote:
Also for the Trivia is it random slides or play them in order by file name?
Its random. However I did identify the cause of your problem. I'll send you a link soon to test if the issue is resolved.
That will be great. Working from home tomorrow so can test it out.
post #1024 of 1047 Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:

I am free to test today if you get it fixed.
post #1025 of 1047 Old 01-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
We are going to stain it tomorrow.
I meant to comment on this the other day, but this site and my phone don't seem to play well together. Looks good, I don't think I'd be brave enough to take mine apart like that.

It was total luck, but mined ended up being almost exactly the same height as my BluRay shelves. If not I might have been tempted to build a frame.
rmilyard likes this.
post #1026 of 1047 Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Hmmmm... So after just 2 days the LCD has screen burn already. You can see the Coming Soon and the thick line under it.
post #1027 of 1047 Old 01-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Hmmmm... So after just 2 days the LCD has screen burn already. You can see the Coming Soon and the thick line under it.
maybe you should do that motion sensor trick to turn on and off the displays when no one is around?

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + ChromeCast
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
post #1028 of 1047 Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post
Quote:
maybe you should do that motion sensor trick to turn on and off the displays when no one is around?

Going to get a IR motion sensor from meyer64 when he gets parts to build one.

Messing with JScreenfix Deluxe right now to see if helps.

Last edited by rmilyard; 01-19-2015 at 07:42 PM.
post #1029 of 1047 Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM

So look what meyer64 did for me to test out!

http://vid249.photobucket.com/albums...pswmozvuwu.mp4
Th0r4z1n3 likes this.
post #1030 of 1047 Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
MoviePoster (1.0.1.8 Alpha Rev3)

@Meyer
Windows 8.1

My TV display is portrait and the posters display as expected with rotation of 270. However the trailers play in portrait and not landscape as previously. I am presently using only one TV and have deleted the second display. How can I get the trailers to play in landcape?
post #1031 of 1047 Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loma View Post
@Meyer
Windows 8.1

My TV display is portrait and the posters display as expected with rotation of 270. However the trailers play in portrait and not landscape as previously. I am presently using only one TV and have deleted the second display. How can I get the trailers to play in landcape?
Looks like you found a bug my friend. Try this exe. Just copy it to your MoviePoster Directory. This also contains the fixes I made for the trivia slide issue.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/er...otationfix.exe
post #1032 of 1047 Old 01-23-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Looks like you found a bug my friend. Try this exe. Just copy it to your MoviePoster Directory. This also contains the fixes I made for the trivia slide issue.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/er...otationfix.exe
Thanks. Placed the above in MP and clicked on it to start. Poster showed, however when I right clicked on the poster to get to settings I received an error indicating MP has stopped working.
post #1033 of 1047 Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Try renaming the new exe to movieposter.exe so it replaces the original. It really shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does in some cases. You can make a backup of the old file somewhere else if you want.
post #1034 of 1047 Old 01-23-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Try renaming the new exe to movieposter.exe so it replaces the original. It really shouldn't matter, but for some reason it does in some cases. You can make a backup of the old file somewhere else if you want.
Tried that. Still getting the error.
post #1035 of 1047 Old 01-23-2015, 07:11 PM

@Meyer

Quote:
Tried that. Still getting the error.
Ok. Have not found what's causing my problem. However I re-installed in a new folder and so far it's working.
Thanks. Look forward to seeing your progress with MB3.

By the way, I noticed a number of MP icons in the task bar. Is this to be expected?

Last edited by loma; 01-23-2015 at 07:22 PM.
post #1036 of 1047 Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 PM

While I have been waiting for MB3, I have tried Kodi. When connected to Kodi and a music playlist is on, the cover for the first song shows and does not change for the other songs. Is it possible for the cover of each song in the playlist to show as it's played?
post #1037 of 1047 Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
All features are available to use without registering. The connection options tab in the settings window should look like this. If you just get a blank box where the xbmc and plex tabs are, then the plugins failed to load for some reason. I just tested on my laptop and its working for me. If you enable logging and send me the log file, I'll be happy to take a look and see if I notice anything that could have caused the problem.

I managed to fix the issue it seems that I needed to unblock all the plex plugin .dll files, because they were copied from a network location

I now get the option of Plex Settings

The Showing now poster popped up great so I will give it a test see how we go.
post #1038 of 1047 Old 01-24-2015, 06:28 PM

Painting theater room now.
post #1039 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
@Meyer

Ok. Have not found what's causing my problem. However I re-installed in a new folder and so far it's working.
Thanks. Look forward to seeing your progress with MB3.

By the way, I noticed a number of MP icons in the task bar. Is this to be expected?
Hi,

I experience the same problems too.
Re-installing in a different directory usually fixes the problem of not starting up or giving you a windows error.
I usually get these problems when i change a setting within the program.
Logs don't show any problems though.
Anyway nice program, still testing here with a few computers. Trying out which one will do.
So far i found out it uses quite a lot of resources especially when you want to run it on a slow CPU (eg. Atom N270, it works but video a bit sloppy).
It would be nice to have the top bar (COMING SOON) change a bit over time. so you won't get any burn in, same for text at the the bottom!
Cant wait for some more updates. Keep up the good work!

Format Neutral
post #1040 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrytasker1 View Post

It would be nice to have the top bar (COMING SOON) change a bit over time. so you won't get any burn in, same for text at the the bottom!
Cant wait for some more updates. Keep up the good work!

I was thinking that also. One reason I started to use the Trivia since it changes the Coming Soon to my Theater background.

Only issue is the thick line under the Coming Soon and Theater background.

I purchased JScreenFix Deluxe which helps clean up some the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome_black.png
Views:	10
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	501377  
post #1041 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Hi,
So far i found out it uses quite a lot of resources especially when you want to run it on a slow CPU (eg. Atom N270, it works but video a bit sloppy).
I found out that the sound finishes before the movie ends. I would expect audio and movie be in-sync.
Don't know how mplayer works though, but it's probably because i am using this slow Atom processor.
I installed VLC player on that machine and audio/video are nicely in-sync when i play the mp4 trailers through vlc player!
Isn't possible to use a different player instead of the mplayer?
See if i can improve it by adding some more memory....

Format Neutral

Last edited by harrytasker1; 01-25-2015 at 11:19 AM.
post #1042 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I found out that the sound finishes before the movie ends. I would expect audio and movie be in-sync.
Don't know how mplayer works though, but it's probably because i am using this slow Atom processor.
I installed VLC player on that machine and audio/video are nicely in-sync when i play the mp4 trailers through vlc player!
Isn't possible to use a different player instead of the mplayer?
See if i can improve it by adding some more memory....

Currently, there is no hardware video decoding supported. So, yes a slow processor will likely impact how smooth the video plays. You can change the trailer settings to use a lower resolution, which may provide better performance for you. Default is 720p. since it will provide the best quality for the space it has available on a portrait 1080p display. If your using a 720p screen, you should be able to use 480p video without noticing much quality difference. This will only effect newly downloaded trailers,so you'll have to delete the old ones if you want MoviePoster to download a lower res version for existing movies.

I have also made some changes today that improve CPU utilization of the main program. That could also cause your trailers to play smoother. I'm hoping to have another build ready for everyone to try out soon.

I thank you all for your feedback. It really helps a lot in improving the program for everyone.
harrytasker1 likes this.
post #1043 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was thinking that also. One reason I started to use the Trivia since it changes the Coming Soon to my Theater background.

Only issue is the thick line under the Coming Soon and Theater background.

I purchased JScreenFix Deluxe which helps clean up some the image.
I honestly have no issues with burn in in on my display at all, so building in protection against it wasn't something I'd considered. I made a change to my dev build so that the progress bar (the line near the top of the screen) is only visible when the "now playing" movie playback status is shown.

The connection status text at the bottom of the screen can be disabled in the settings.

I'm open to suggestion on how to avoid burn in of the "Coming Soon" banner.
post #1044 of 1047 Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I honestly have no issues with burn in in on my display at all, so building in protection against it wasn't something I'd considered. I made a change to my dev build so that the progress bar (the line near the top of the screen) is only visible when the "now playing" movie playback status is shown.

The connection status text at the bottom of the screen can be disabled in the settings.

I'm open to suggestion on how to avoid burn in of the "Coming Soon" banner.

Honestly I think users just adding other content via trivia or photos etc to play once in a while will break it up enough to reduce it a lot. I have found just with playing trivia like every 5-6 poster is great!
post #1045 of 1047 Old 01-27-2015, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm putting together a motion sensor for rmilyard and wanted to see how many others may be interested in one.

The device is capable of automatically turning your poster display on when motion is detected. The display will stay on as long as motion is detected in the area and automatically turn off after a selected amount inactivity. (15, 30, or 45 min) The device can also integrate with the MoviePoster software to keep the display on when a "Now playing" poster is shown, even if there is no motion detected.

I have two designs that I'm currently working on.
The first is a hardwired device. This version is similar to the device I made for myself, but more refined. It needs to be hardwired to the TV power button and a 3.3v to 5v source that indicates if the tv is on, such as the power LED.

The second version, which I am still working on, will not require you to make any modifications to the TV. It is capable of learning IR remote control codes and will transmit the power button code in order to turn the TV on and off. It will require a TV with a USB port (or other 5v source) that is only powered when the TV is on. I still need to test on various brands of TVs to ensure compatibility with different IR protocols.

The devices will be housed in an attractive case that you can place near the TV and will come with full instructions for installation. There may also be an option for an external sensor module if you wanted to integrate it into your poster frame.

I haven't completely settled on cost yet since I have a little more work to do on finalizing the designs, but I'm guessing they'd be somewhere around $85 in order to cover the parts and my time to assemble them.

Please send me a PM if your interested or have any questions.
rmilyard and harrytasker1 like this.
post #1046 of 1047 Old 01-27-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I'm putting together a motion sensor for rmilyard and wanted to see how many others may be interested in one.

The device is capable of automatically turning your poster display on when motion is detected. The display will stay on as long as motion is detected in the area and automatically turn off after a selected amount inactivity. (15, 30, or 45 min) The device can also integrate with the MoviePoster software to keep the display on when a "Now playing" poster is shown, even if there is no motion detected.

I have two designs that I'm currently working on.
The first is a hardwired device. This version is similar to the device I made for myself, but more refined. It needs to be hardwired to the TV power button and a 3.3v to 5v source that indicates if the tv is on, such as the power LED.

The second version, which I am still working on, will not require you to make any modifications to the TV. It is capable of learning IR remote control codes and will transmit the power button code in order to turn the TV on and off. It will require a TV with a USB port (or other 5v source) that is only powered when the TV is on. I still need to test on various brands of TVs to ensure compatibility with different IR protocols.

The devices will be housed in an attractive case that you can place near the TV and will come with full instructions for installation. There may also be an option for an external sensor module if you wanted to integrate it into your poster frame.

I haven't completely settled on cost yet since I have a little more work to do on finalizing the designs, but I'm guessing they'd be somewhere around $85 in order to cover the parts and my time to assemble them.

Please send me a PM if your interested or have any questions.

Going to be a nice little add on for this!
post #1047 of 1047 Unread Today, 01:15 PM

Going to start my build this weekend! Any one good some good tips on how to build the frame?
And any news about a new updat:

Format Neutral
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page