Originally Posted by krh1009
What is the story on the motion sensor board? Are you going to sell them, if so my "inner geek" is ready to make a purchase
The hardware design is finished and I have one fully assembled unit that I'm testing with. I still have a few things to work on on the firmware side to make it more compatible with different brands of TVs as well as to write up installation instructions. I do think that I'm at the point where it would be useful to get a tally of those who want to purchase one so I can order the right number of components to assemble more.
Automatically turn your MoviePoster display on based on your presence in the room and turn off again after no motion is detected for a set period of time. Works like magic, never manually turn your screen on and off again, saving you time and energy.
Two installation options, depending on compatibility with your display.
Option 1: Hardwired install.
This involves opening up your TV and connecting a set of wires to the power button, and another to a 5 volt source that is powered only when the tv is on (such as the power LED). This may require soldering and will most likely void the warranty of your TV. This installation method should be compatible with pretty much any TV.
Option 2: USB / IR.
This method requires your TV to have a USB port that is only powered on when the TV is on. You teach the device the IR code from your remote to turn the TV on and off. This installation is non invasive and requires no modifications to your display, however all TVs may not be compatible.
Windows configuration application.
Configurable settings include:
1. Minimum duration of motion required to trigger screen to turn on.
2. Duration of inactivity to leave screen on.
3. Advanced options for power / IR trigger event delays. (some screens wont turn on again until they have fully powered down and can take a few seconds)
4. Advanced option to manually enter IR code if the device is unable to learn the code from the remote.
Works with MoviePoster software via USB connection to (optionally) always turn screen on when 'Now Playing' poster is displayed.
Second internal relay can be wired to PC to wake / power on based on motion.
Optional external PIR sensor for expanding motion detection area or integrating into a custom frame. (additional $10)
I'm also working on a firmware upgrade process for fixes / enhancements.
- possible future enhancement includes the ability to set a schedule to always have the screen turn on at certain times of day. This is still in development stages, and likely wont be in the first firmware version.
Price will be $100 shipped in the USA.
$90 if you place a preorder and pay in advance.
If you are interested in purchasing, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Estimated ship date is July 1st, depending on component lead time and demand.