MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 219Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2015, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_kid View Post
Oh yeah I'm up for some experimentation. The new dll didn't work, I noticed that it didn't show the now playing name either. I'll do some more tests and grab some logs. I tried to attach two screenshots but I need to get my post count up first.
I did some minor testing today and at least on my system the kodi/xbmc plugin mostly works with kodi 15. there are a few issues, but the posters do show along with the playback status, tagline, etc. Are the files you're playing in your kodi library?
meyer64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nickbuol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 2,406
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Are there any plans to get this working with jRiver Media Center?
nickbuol is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post
Are there any plans to get this working with jRiver Media Center?
Not currently. But a plugin could be developed if jRiver Media Center has an API or network protocol that could be used to get playback status information.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Just a few photos of my unboxing of meyer64's Motion Controller.

I video recorded the unboxing and reviewed the contents and it was a positive experience I must say.

I have Windows 7 installed on an old HP Pavilion Media Center m8330f PC with 3GB of RAM and a new 250 SATA hard drive that I paid $20 for (PC only needed a new hard drive and was just sitting there so I thought I might as well use it).

I installed the latest .NET Framework and the latest Kodi/XBMC and I downloaded and registered my MotionPoster Software.

I tried to choose the "Backup Your License Registration" but when I typed in a file name to save it, it came up with the error "File could not be found" or something like that.

I changed the display to "landscape" from "portrait" since I am just playing with my HP 16:9 ratio 19" computer screen.

I selected the option to "not display this window when opening MoviePoster" (that window that pops up with all of the options and setting with the donate here button), but I can't find the executable to open that window.

Can anyone tell me where to find the file to execute that original configuration window?

It may be because my port settings are not configured right (which is why I want to get to that original configuration window), because right away MoviePoster shows a downloaded MoviePoster (Ant-man for instance) with a perfect fade in, but when that poster is done with its rotation, the next screen is black but I can see the very faint line/strip on the every left and right side of the next poster trying to appear.

I wish I could share with you my port settings, but I not until I can get back into that configuration window. Maybe I need to change my port settings?

I also just updated the Windows 7 with the latest updates and the PC is rebooting as I type this and is updating the service pack and I have to get to bed so I can't wait. Its at 10% now.

Edit: Windows 7 just finished updating and MoviePoster is doing the same thing. Now that I looked closer, the "thin strips/outline" of the black box where the next movie poster is supposed to appear", I believe are from the previous movie poster. What am I doing wrong? I know its a settings issue. Should I remove the latest Kodi/XBMC that I have and
re-install a previous version?

Here is a video of what is happening:


First to show the Motion Controller unboxing. I will post the video after some editing.







Its been a few days since I read the manual, but I didn't know that a IR blaster came with it. I have to re-read it because
I don't remember how this fits into the product.


The hardwire USB cable in case your want to directly connect your PC power on/off control rather than have it depend
on the power signal it gets from your USB port on your TV. (or if your TV USB port does not power off when the TV is off).


CaptainKen likes this.

Last edited by AXLCMT; 07-20-2015 at 07:10 PM.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Just a few photos of my unboxing of meyer64's Motion Controller.

I video recorded the unboxing and reviewed the contents and it was a positive experience I must say.
I appreciate your enthusiasm! Be sure to let me know if you have any questions on getting it set up.
Quote:

I have Windows 7 installed on an old HP Pavilion Media Center m8330f PC with 3GB of RAM and a new 250 SATA hard drive that I paid $20 for (PC only needed a new hard drive and was just sitting there so I thought I might as well use it).

I installed the latest .NET Framework and the latest Kodi/XBMC and I downloaded and registered my MotionPoster Software.

I tried to choose the "Backup Your License Registration" but when I typed in a file name to save it, it came up with the error "File could not be found" or something like that.
I've fixed this for the next release. for now, if you want to keep a copy of your registration file, you can find it in your app data folder: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\MoviePoster\S ystem\MoviePoster.lic

Quote:
Can anyone tell me where to find the file to execute that original configuration window?
Right click on the poster area or the icon in the system tray to bring up the context menu, then select settings.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Edit: Windows 7 just finished updating and MoviePoster is doing the same thing. Now that I looked closer, the "thin strips/outline" of the black box where the next movie poster is supposed to appear", I believe are from the previous movie poster. What am I doing wrong? I know its a settings issue. Should I remove the latest Kodi/XBMC that I have and
re-install a previous version?
Based on the timing of when it goes black, I'm guessing that its trying to play the trailer, but it hasn't been cached yet. trailer streaming is broken in the 2.0 release, so they'll only play correctly after they've been cached. you could let it run for a while and wait to see if the trailers cache and sort out the issue on its own, or temporarily turn off the auto play trailers setting.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 03:51 AM
Member
 
tha_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I did some minor testing today and at least on my system the kodi/xbmc plugin mostly works with kodi 15. there are a few issues, but the posters do show along with the playback status, tagline, etc. Are the files you're playing in your kodi library?
Yes the files are in the kodi library. All my kodi systems use a shared library. I even tried installing a fresh copy of kodi 15, setup a local library and still the same outcome. in the logs I see

7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Now Playing:
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error in GetBipmapFromImage
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error in GetBipmapFromImage
7/21/2015 06:33:12 - Error Applying default flags: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
tha_kid is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Based on the timing of when it goes black, I'm guessing that its trying to play the trailer, but it hasn't been cached yet. trailer streaming is broken in the 2.0 release, so they'll only play correctly after they've been cached. you could let it run for a while and wait to see if the trailers cache and sort out the issue on its own, or temporarily turn off the auto play trailers setting.
Thanks meyer64 for sharing that.
I just noticed that some guys make sure that they manually start XBMC/Kodi before they start MoviePoster and I did not know that.
I will start XBMC/Kodi before I start MoviePoster tonight as well as try your settings update you shared.

Do you need to start XBMC/Kodi manually before you start MoviePoster? I was rushing so I might have forgotten to manually start it. Lol. I guess I thought that MoviePoster uses XBMC/Kodi even if XBMC/Kodi is not open/running.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Thanks meyer64 for sharing that.
I just noticed that some guys make sure that they manually start XBMC/Kodi before they start MoviePoster and I did not know that.
I will start XBMC/Kodi before I start MoviePoster tonight as well as try your settings update you shared.

Do you need to start XBMC/Kodi manually before you start MoviePoster? I was rushing so I might have forgotten to manually start it. Lol. I guess I thought that MoviePoster uses XBMC/Kodi even if XBMC/Kodi is not open/running.
It shouldn't matter if Kodi starts before or after MoviePoster. MoviePoster will check every couple seconds to see if Kodi is running at the IP address specified in the settings and then connect to it to retrieve now playing status. If Kodi isn't available or isnt playing anything, MoviePoster will just continue to download and show posters from themoviedb.org. The issue your seeing certainly looks like the trailer just hasn't cached yet. If you want, turn on logging and send me a snippet of the log file, found in the your document folder under MoviePoster.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_kid View Post
Yes the files are in the kodi library. All my kodi systems use a shared library. I even tried installing a fresh copy of kodi 15, setup a local library and still the same outcome. in the logs I see

7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Now Playing:
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error in GetBipmapFromImage
7/21/2015 06:33:11 - Error in GetBipmapFromImage
7/21/2015 06:33:12 - Error Applying default flags: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I'll send you a link to download a test build of 2.1 later today that should fix the problem. I'd appreciate your feedback on it.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Also, if my HTPC (with MoviePoster installed) has both an HDMI and DVI port on the back of it, does anyone know if there is a way to have the HDMI go to the projector and I could purchase at "DVI to HDMI adapter" and have the "DVI to HDMI adapter" go to my MoviePoster LED 50" flat screen, which will allow me to utilize the "Now Showing" feature of the MoviePoster software (ie while playing a certain movie on the projector, MoviePoster will know which movie I am playing and therefore post the "Now Showing" banner across the top of the 50" LED flat screen for the particular movie poster I am currently playing in the Home Theater) ?
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Also, if my HTPC (with MoviePoster installed) has both an HDMI and DVI port on the back of it, does anyone know if there is a way to have the HDMI go to the projector and I could purchase at "DVI to HDMI adapter" and have the "DVI to HDMI adapter" go to my MoviePoster LED 50" flat screen, which will allow me to utilize the "Now Showing" feature of the MoviePoster software (ie while playing a certain movie on the projector, MoviePoster will know which movie I am playing and therefore post the "Now Showing" banner across the top of the 50" LED flat screen for the particular movie poster I am currently playing in the Home Theater) ?
I see no reason that wouldn't work. Just keep in mind that DVI does carry audio like HDMI does. so you might need to run a separate audio cable if you want sound for your trailers.

FYI, you can run MoviePoster on a completely separate PC than your HTPC if you want and still use the 'Now Playing' feature.
AXLCMT likes this.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
For anyone interested in doing some testing. 2.1 RC 1 is available for download. I still need to write up documentation on the changes and I'm sure there are still things to fix. There is no installer yet, just run the MoviePoster.exe. It WILL use your data and some settings from an existing 2.0 installation, so keep that in mind if you plan on running both on the same system. I appreciate any and all feedback.

http://movieposterapp.com/Downloads/...ter_2.1_RC1.7z
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
loma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@meyer64 : Dowloaded and testing. Initially noticed that the flash screen still shows. Is there a way to change or not show this? Will get back if any other items are noticed as I continue to test.

Last edited by loma; 07-22-2015 at 07:50 AM.
loma is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 12:40 AM
Member
 
tha_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I downloaded and tested and with my Kodi 15 system I only get a poster to show from 1 movie in my library, all the other movie posters are blank as well as tv shows.

With Kodi 14.2 everything works great.
tha_kid is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I see no reason that wouldn't work. Just keep in mind that DVI does carry audio like HDMI does. so you might need to run a separate audio cable if you want sound for your trailers.

FYI, you can run MoviePoster on a completely separate PC than your HTPC if you want and still use the 'Now Playing' feature.
So, just thinking in my head how I can do this and thinking out loud but by the time I finish writing out this thought,
I might have answered my own question. Lol.

If I have my MoviePoster PC in the lobby right next to the LED 50" flat screen (out of view), and my HTPC inside the home theater (component rack), and of course both of them networked and sharing files, can I run a movie stored on the HTPC playing directly to the projector, and have the MoviePoster PC getting its Movie Posters and Trailer content through the HTPC (ie all of my 1000s of Movie Posters and Trailer content will be stored on the HTPC in a shared folder and I would have to change the MoviePoster's PC cache directory from the C drive to the Network Folder location on the HTPC)?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I would also have my Denon A/V Receiver in between the projector and the HTPC.

Would the MoviePoster software on the MoviePoster PC located in the lobby, then be able to show the "Now Playing" banner (on my LED 50" flat screen in the lobby) when I choose to play a movie located on the HTPC (located inside the home theater component rack)?

BTW, I made the changes you advised and now the movie posters are showing flawlessly (ie I unchecked the "automatically stream trailers" option). I also changed the movie poster HD setting from 1080p to 720p and the movie posters look just as stunning (even on my old LCD hp computer screen) because I thought that would reduce the amount of resources being used and help it run better.

Last edited by AXLCMT; 07-22-2015 at 05:53 AM.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
So, just thinking in my head how I can do this and thinking out loud but by the time I finish writing out this thought,
I might have answered my own question. Lol.

If I have my MoviePoster PC in the lobby right next to the LED 50" flat screen (out of view), and my HTPC inside the home theater (component rack), and of course both of them networked and sharing files, can I run a movie stored on the HTPC playing directly to the projector, and have the MoviePoster PC getting its Movie Posters and Trailer content through the HTPC (ie all of my 1000s of Movie Posters and Trailer content will be stored on the HTPC in a shared folder and I would have to change the MoviePoster's PC cache directory from the C drive to the Network Folder location on the HTPC)?
You can change the cache directory to any location you want, but its probably not going to work the way you expect if you point it to a folder that has existing content. MoviePoster was built to use its own file structure and would try to store its own files in the directory you specify instead of just using the ones that are there.

Quote:
Would the MoviePoster software on the MoviePoster PC located in the lobby, then be able to show the "Now Playing" banner (on my LED 50" flat screen in the lobby) when I choose to play a movie located on the HTPC (located inside the home theater component rack)?
Yes, MoviePoster can show the now playing status from your HTPC as long as the IP and Port settings are correct in the plugin.

Quote:
BTW, I made the changes you advised and now the movie posters are showing flawlessly (ie I unchecked the "automatically stream trailers" option). I also changed the movie poster HD setting from 1080p to 720p and the movie posters look just as stunning (even on my old LCD hp computer screen) because I thought that would reduce the amount of resources being used and help it run better.
Glad to hear it. Once the trailers are saved you could turn that option back on and they should play.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
That's awesome. I will just put my ripped movie content (ie .mp4, .avi etc) into the same directory on the HTPC as the cache directory that MoviePoster is going to use on the shared folder on the HTPC and it will be all one big happy family (ie a folder with both the MoviePoster cache Movie Posters and Trailers and my actual movies).
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
That's awesome. I will just put my ripped movie content (ie .mp4, .avi etc) into the same directory on the HTPC as the cache directory that MoviePoster is going to use on the shared folder on the HTPC and it will be all one big happy family (ie a folder with both the MoviePoster cache Movie Posters and Trailers and my actual movies).
I've never tested that before, so I'm not sure if there will be any conflicts between the MoviePoster data and your HTPC library data. Let me know how it works out.

One more thing. If you set the MoviePoster cache to use a network location, and if that location isn't available when the program starts, it will still use the default location in your document folder.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Or I can just use a HDMI splitter from the HTPC and just install the MoviePoster software program onto the HTPC, then run one of the HDMI splits to the Insignia display and the other HDMI split to the projector?

Or I could just buy a PCI HDMI Video Card and install
it into a open PCI slot on the HTPC so that I would now have two HDMI ports on my PC or would a HDMI splitter work just as well?

For both of the above solutions, that would eliminate the need for two computers and having to deal with a shared folder.



Here was my idea from my previous post where I would have to have the MoviePoster cache on a shared folder on the HTPC (and obviously change the settings on the MoviePoster PC to point to the HTPC Port and IP Address).



EDIT: Now that I think about it, a HDMI splitter will not work because from my understanding the "Now Showing" feature of MoviePoster will not work with a splitter solution because I think that it needs to be able to control the HDMI signal on two different HDMI ports. I either have to buy another HDMI PCI Video card or use my DVI port on the HTPC without audio though.

Last edited by AXLCMT; 07-22-2015 at 11:34 AM.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I am back to square one with my ideas and I will need to do this with two PCs instead of one.

MoviePoster PC will have to be in the lobby and the HTPC (which is 65' of cable away from the MoviePoster PC) will have to be a totally separate entity because even if I use the MoviePoster PC's XBMC to play movies, the MoviePoster PC is not connected to the A/V Receiver in anyway and therefore no sound would be able to get to my speakers and subwoofer, therefore I will not be able to utilize the "Now Showing" feature of MoviePoster for now, which I can live with.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 869
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
I am back to square one with my ideas and I will need to do this with two PCs instead of one.

MoviePoster PC will have to be in the lobby and the HTPC (which is 65' of cable away from the MoviePoster PC) will have to be a totally separate entity because even if I use the MoviePoster PC's XBMC to play movies, the MoviePoster PC is not connected to the A/V Receiver in anyway and therefore no sound would be able to get to my speakers and subwoofer, therefore I will not be able to utilize the "Now Showing" feature of MoviePoster for now, which I can live with.
You can still use the 'now playing' feature even if your HTPC running Kodi / XBMC is completely separate from the MoviePoster PC. Most people probably use it that way.

You don't need XBMC/Kodi installed on the MoviePoster PC at all, it just uses the network protocol to see what your HTPC is doing. send me a PM if you want help with the settings.
meyer64 is offline  
Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 AM
Member
 
mcs2000si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Impressed with the virtual movie poster idea. Time to buy a flat panel just for this.
mcs2000si is offline  
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Meyer64 was able to share with me the settings to have my MoviePoster PC use the network protocol to allow the MoviePoster PC to see what the HTPC is doing, and then therefore be able to have the MoviePoster software invoke the 'Now Showing' feature, based on whether you are playing a movie via XMBC on your HTPC.

I'm reading through every post (on post #1135 of 1370) and will have probably learned this on my own since I plan on re-reading this over and over again until I understand everything, but he was kind enough to privately message me with that insight. The only thing he noted was that Kodi 14 is tested and works but he still had to work some changes and test to get Kodi 15 to do this.

Also, regarding my previous layout drawing, I was so clueless as to how the HTPC and MoviePoster PC would integrate regarding the 'Now Showing' feature, that I thought that a HDMI connection needed to go from the MoviePoster PC to the projector! So please ignore that part of the drawing.

Also some good news about my TV handling speakers. I found out after just reading the manual online that my Insignia 50" LED screen has a headphone jack that I can use to connector computer speakers.

Here is my other solution that I may work so I have big decision to make between the two layout drawings.

AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-23-2015, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
oman321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MASS
Posts: 4,981
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Thanks for all the efforts meyer64, donation sent your way. Also shared this on a couple of HT groups on facebook. I hope that it brings you additional donations as they are well deserved.

I don't even have this running as of yet, mostly testing and checking it out, but I plan to reconfigure my HT equipment closet and adding a display to what will be a thru the wall rack is a natural extension for a movieposter display.

Thanks again you have made life much simpler for the rest of us.
AXLCMT likes this.
oman321 is offline  
Old 07-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
AXLCMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Jersey - USA
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post
Thanks for all the efforts meyer64, donation sent your way. Also shared this on a couple of HT groups on facebook. I hope that it brings you additional donations as they are well deserved.

I don't even have this running as of yet, mostly testing and checking it out, but I plan to reconfigure my HT equipment closet and adding a display to what will be a thru the wall rack is a natural extension for a movieposter display.

Thanks again you have made life much simpler for the rest of us.
Hello Oman! Nice to see a familiar face and a long time very active member like yourself on the thread. I've read many of your posts including every page of your build.
AXLCMT is offline  
Old 07-24-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oman321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MASS
Posts: 4,981
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Hey AXLCMT,

Kind words thanks, this is a great community which makes it easy to keep coming back for more.
oman321 is offline  
Old 07-26-2015, 04:38 AM
Member
 
harrytasker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
For anyone interested in doing some testing. 2.1 RC 1 is available for download. I still need to write up documentation on the changes and I'm sure there are still things to fix. There is no installer yet, just run the MoviePoster.exe. It WILL use your data and some settings from an existing 2.0 installation, so keep that in mind if you plan on running both on the same system. I appreciate any and all feedback.

http://movieposterapp.com/Downloads/...ter_2.1_RC1.7z
Just downloaded this release, but it doesnt startup for me.
Getting the following error straight away:


On reinstalling 2.0 doesn't work anymore too
Any idea what might be the problem?

Format Neutral
harrytasker1 is offline  
Old 07-26-2015, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kaotikr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 85
My setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	852322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	852330   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	852338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	852346  
turls, meyer64, oman321 and 1 others like this.
kaotikr1 is offline  
Old 07-26-2015, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,931
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 1694
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
My setup.
Nice!

I feel like your setup would be epic... if all that could be seen is the glow and not the LED's themselves.
popalock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off