MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 250Likes

post #1621 of 2417 Old 11-04-2015, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbi View Post
Is there a way to have multiple posters for a single movie, where it picks from the pool each time that movie comes around?
You can add a DISPLAY for multiple monitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2417 Old 11-07-2015, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradC View Post
I personally use this to run my MoviePoster: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...ute-stick.html

You can see it here behind a 24" monitor:

This is the only option I can see that works for me. Could you go into detail (tutorial?) on how you got this to work? I'm pretty new to the Intel Stick.

Thank you!
post #1623 of 2417 Old 11-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
would it be possible to install this on windows 10 IoT. I know this version of windows can be installed on raspberry pi2 and could be a cheaper alternative.

post #1624 of 2417 Old 11-13-2015, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Windows 10 iot is just a shell not a gui.
post #1625 of 2417 Old 11-13-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_kid View Post
Windows 10 iot is just a shell not a gui.
Thanks. I thought so but wanted to make sure. I ended up using a old Intel Atom netbook that was sitting in the garage and that seems to handle great.

Meyer64, sorry if this has been asked before. i am just figuring out the app. Fantastic application by the way. For some reason i am having issue with it showing "Now Playing" on the top and also i am not getting the Poster. For me it is all blank in the middle. Is there a setting or something i should do? I tried Star trek, Jurassic Park, couple of james bond movies and all of them same result. I am using kodi 15.2 stable release.

Thanks

Last edited by vemulasri; 11-13-2015 at 09:46 PM.
post #1626 of 2417 Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemulasri View Post
Thanks. I thought so but wanted to make sure. I ended up using a old Intel Atom netbook that was sitting in the garage and that seems to handle great.

Meyer64, sorry if this has been asked before. i am just figuring out the app. Fantastic application by the way. For some reason i am having issue with it showing "Now Playing" on the top and also i am not getting the Poster. For me it is all blank in the middle. Is there a setting or something i should do? I tried Star trek, Jurassic Park, couple of james bond movies and all of them same result. I am using kodi 15.2 stable release.

Thanks
If you haven't already, be sure to try MoviePoster version 2.1 RC2. That release fixed some issues with the Kodi plugin for 15.2.

MoviePoster_2.1_RC2.7z

I've also added the link to the first post for anyone who may have missed it earlier.
dRwOOD73 likes this.
post #1627 of 2417 Old 11-14-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
If you haven't already, be sure to try MoviePoster version 2.1 RC2. That release fixed some issues with the Kodi plugin for 15.2.

MoviePoster_2.1_RC2.7z

I've also added the link to the first post for anyone who may have missed it earlier.

No luck it is the same with this version too. Let me try installing kodi 14 on my testing PC and see if that work so i can rule out it is not something i am doing. I will report my results back soon.

[UPDATE] Tried on 14.2 and it is still the same result. For some reason it does not show the poster. With 14.2 it shows "No connection" and the manual "Now playing" option does not seem to help it either. Does Movieposter get the poster from Kodi or does it get it from TMDB site directly based on the movie that is playing?

Last edited by vemulasri; 11-14-2015 at 12:43 PM.
post #1628 of 2417 Old 11-14-2015, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
No luck it is the same with this version too. Let me try installing kodi 14 on my testing PC and see if that work so i can rule out it is not something i am doing. I will report my results back soon.

[UPDATE] Tried on 14.2 and it is still the same result. For some reason it does not show the poster. With 14.2 it shows "No connection" and the manual "Now playing" option does not seem to help it either. Does Movieposter get the poster from Kodi or does it get it from TMDB site directly based on the movie that is playing?
Make sure you only have the xbmc/kodi plugin enabled. If you have multiple plugins enabled, it could cause conflicts. Triple check to make sure your settings match in the plugin and in Kodi. Make sure the http webserver server and the remote control options are turned on in Kodi. If you aren't using a password, sometimes it helps to add one.

MoviePoster will try to get the posters form themoviedb.org first since they are typically higher resolution. If that fails for whatever reason, it will pull the image from kodi.
post #1629 of 2417 Old 11-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Ok. All the settings seems to be good. I am able to see the now playing info along with poster on kodi remotes also. In the log file i did see an error about not able to find object reference or something i can send the log after i go back home if that helps.

[update] Error log included. http://pastebin.com/qRAGdd7s

Last edited by vemulasri; 11-14-2015 at 07:47 PM.
post #1630 of 2417 Old 11-14-2015, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok. All the settings seems to be good. I am able to see the now playing info along with poster on kodi remotes also. In the log file i did see an error about not able to find object reference or something i can send the log after i go back home if that helps.

[update] Error log included. http://pastebin.com/qRAGdd7s
It looks like MoviePoster is seeing that something is playing, its just not able to determine what for some reason. I'll do some testing and see if i can replicate the problem.
post #1631 of 2417 Old 11-15-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
It looks like MoviePoster is seeing that something is playing, its just not able to determine what for some reason. I'll do some testing and see if i can replicate the problem.
I did some digging into it. Since i was going against my test machine i created a strm file for youtube movies. For the strm files it is not working. i moved some of my physical movies to the test machine and everything works as expected. Is there any way you can read from kodi directly and show the poster? I do have a lot of youtube movies added to my library and would be great if it is possible.
post #1632 of 2417 Old 11-15-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Got my new home screen all done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447617020699.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1059553
dRwOOD73 and z0mbi like this.

HT - JVC RS520 - Anthem AVM 60 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Dual Rythmik FV15HP's - Lumagen Radiance Pro

My Media Room
post #1633 of 2417 Old 11-15-2015, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Very nice koatikr1!
No idea how you changed the name of the theater,but it looks great:-)
post #1634 of 2417 Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM

@meyer64 ,

Just checking if it is possible to show information for the youtube strm files? As i mentioned I do have a big playlist collection from youtube and having this information would be great.
post #1635 of 2417 Old 11-17-2015, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Are the strm files added to your video library? Do they show up with cover art and Metadata in kodi? Movieposter doesn't care what kind of file it is as long as kodi reports back the Metadata.
post #1636 of 2417 Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Are the strm files added to your video library? Do they show up with cover art and Metadata in kodi? Movieposter doesn't care what kind of file it is as long as kodi reports back the Metadata.

Yes they are. Yes they do show up in kodi and in the kodi webpage and remotes (android & iOS). I will have to do more digging into it and see if that is the issue.
post #1637 of 2417 Old 11-20-2015, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 150
What's the latest on the compute stick? I saw someone had issues with trailers and someone else didn't. I need a small PC for remote desktop and the Intel Nuc I have for the posters is overkill so if I could steal that and swap in a stick that would be a cheap convenient option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HT - JVC RS520 - Anthem AVM 60 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Dual Rythmik FV15HP's - Lumagen Radiance Pro

My Media Room
post #1638 of 2417 Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymo View Post
This is the only option I can see that works for me. Could you go into detail (tutorial?) on how you got this to work? I'm pretty new to the Intel Stick.

Thank you!
The Intel Compute Stick is a full blown Windows 10 PC. There isn't much detail to go through. You install and configure MoviePoster just like on any Windows computer. The only part where I can see some issue arise is the audio portion. All audio will go out via HDMI. So your monitor will need to be able to pass that though to your audio device. My monitor had an 3.5mm output, so I am able to place my JamBox behind the monitor. This allows audio to pass from the Compute Stick , through the monitor and out to the JamBox via 3.5mm stereo jack.

One last bit of detail is that you need to make sure the Compute Stick gets enough power. Mine would randomly reboot itself. It was because the usb port from the monitor wasn't providing enough power. I ended up getting a dual USB cable (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047AALW6). This drew power from two usb ports, instead of one. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
What's the latest on the compute stick? I saw someone had issues with trailers and someone else didn't. I need a small PC for remote desktop and the Intel Nuc I have for the posters is overkill so if I could steal that and swap in a stick that would be a cheap convenient option.

It works just fine. See comments above.
post #1639 of 2417 Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

I had issues when it was plugged into my Sony Bravia. Trailers would not play, just a black screen.

However, when I brought it to my friends house to hook it up to his movie poster monitor for the Halloween party, it suddenly magically worked. Go figure. I have no idea what the problem was, I can only think of two real major difference between the two displays. 1) His display is a Samsung signage display, not a TV, and it doesn't seem like the display is actually 1920x1080. I think it might be some odd resolution somewhere in-between 720p and 1080p. And, 2) His display had no internal speakers.

If you're thinking about the compute stick, I'd say go ahead it actually works pretty good... however, there is supposedly a new one coming out very soon and if I were in the market for one and had the luxury of waiting a bit, I'd wait for the new one.
post #1640 of 2417 Old 11-28-2015, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brymo View Post

Thank you!
So I assume that you installed Kodi and Movie Poster on the SD Card?

According to the specs on the Intel site the Windows based BOXSTCK1A32WFC doesn't have WiFi or Bluetooth, but the Linux based BOXSTCK1A8LFC one does. That doesn't make sense. Do you know if this is true?
post #1641 of 2417 Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great App! Just recently wall mounted a 32inch Samsung TV for this purpose by my theater and using an Intel Compute stick with Windows 10 Home.. I installed the application onto 128GB SD Card on the extra slot on the stick... Seems to be working GREAT... except for Trailers... black screen... Anyone figure this out yet?
post #1642 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 12:41 AM

Ok.. confirmed that this is a 32-bit Windows vs 64-bit Windows deal for the Intel Compute Stick... Grabbed the latest mplayer that was compiled for 32 bit and now my trailers are playing... except the window is squished... Going to guess this is a potential config setting? Might try to see if I can find the older version of mplayer that was compiled for 32... but we at least have a starting point..
post #1643 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was just trying out the movie poster app and love the idea but having a problem when it shows the current playing movie.
It shows the name of the movie but the poster section in the middle is just black. Is this a bug when using kodi 15 ?

When I stop the movie then it starts showing coming soon posters which seem to work fine.

I want to make sure this app works well before going investigating more time.
post #1644 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 01:21 AM

Here is a picture if that helps... Trying different versions of the compiled players didn't do anything to fix the size issue unfortunately... but I hope this helps get you in the right direction to help us Intel Compute Stick owners get up and rolling!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	squshy-trailer.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	1085802  
post #1645 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackshot View Post
Here is a picture if that helps... Trying different versions of the compiled players didn't do anything to fix the size issue unfortunately... but I hope this helps get you in the right direction to help us Intel Compute Stick owners get up and rolling!
Which version of MoviePoster are you running? I remember 2.0 having a problem with rotation of the trailers that looked a lot like that. It wasn't specific to any particular hardware though. That issue should have been fixed in the 2.1 releases though. The newest build is 2.1 RC2 and has the most fixes in place for various problems, including the trailer rotation glitch. If you haven't already, give that build a try and let me know what happens. there is a link on the first post, or below.

MoviePoster_2.1_RC2.7z
post #1646 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 04:07 PM

Will give that a shot and report back! Thanks for getting my registration to me so quickly as well!

** Update **

New Release Candidate fixed it.... Thanks for the heads up... Working perfect now!

Last edited by slackshot; 11-29-2015 at 05:14 PM.
post #1647 of 2417 Old 11-29-2015, 05:52 PM

I installed this on just a regular desktop PC, and not using Kodi interface.I have two problems. Just wanted to play with it a little before diving into an actual movie poster hardware configuration.

1) It's ignoring the folder designated in User Posters->Show Custom Posters. It's downloading them instead.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MoviePoster\MyPosters

Is there a special naming convention required?

2) I'm using a 21" screen in normal landscape mode. MoviePoster is simply a window on screen. Not sure what to expect. Does MoviePoster only take over the entire screen if the monitor is in portrait mode?

EDIT: I figured out item 2. I overlooked the Displays->Start Maximized settings.

BTW are you aware that when right clicking on the poster it always says Maximized even though it already is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	1088122  

Last edited by CaptainKen; 11-30-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Figured out item 2
post #1648 of 2417 Old 12-01-2015, 09:45 PM

I'm using the latest build 2.1 RC2.7.

1) I still have problem were it's ignoring the folder designated in User Posters->Show Custom Posters. It's downloading posters instead.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MoviePoster\MyPosters

2) When playing a movie in Kodi the integration works except the COMING SOON doesn't change to NOW PLAYING.

3) Bottom right corner always says "No Connection"

Gotta say this app is so cool. The fact that it works stand alone and with Kodi and Plex is huge bonus!! You thought of everything!

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken
post #1649 of 2417 Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Hi, can someone please help me out as I am a bit of a goon with computers. How exactly do I use this in kodi? When I go to add on settings and search my computer for a zip file, I can see the "new compressed zip folder" within the plugins - xbmcmediainterface folder but when I select that folder, kodi says it has an incorrect structure and nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated as I'm a bit confused.

Thanks

Audio: Emotiva XMC-1 Processor / Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 amp
Speakers: Triad Silver LCR (5), Triad Bronze LCR (2 rear), SVS PB13 Ultra sub
Video: Epson 5025 projector / Darbee Darblet / 98" 16:9 Seymour AV UF
Sources: Oppo 103 / Chromecast / Apple TV / Audio Technica LP-120 TT
post #1650 of 2417 Old 12-03-2015, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
Hi, can someone please help me out as I am a bit of a goon with computers. How exactly do I use this in kodi? When I go to add on settings and search my computer for a zip file, I can see the "new compressed zip folder" within the plugins - xbmcmediainterface folder but when I select that folder, kodi says it has an incorrect structure and nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated as I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
You don't use it 'in' Kodi. MoviePoster communicates with Kodi in a similar way to the various smartphone remote apps. In Kodi, turn on the HTTP server and the remote control options. Make note of the username and port settings. Then in MoviePoster set the Kodi plugin IP, port and username/password to those used by Kodi. Now, when you play a movie in Kodi, MoviePoster will detect the media that's being played and show the poster for it. Kodi and MoviePoster do not need to be installed on the same PC, but they can be if you wish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page