MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 58 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 219Likes

Old 01-27-2016, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Cool to see some of the coming features.

My question about using a Linux based device is because I'm sure the Pi Zero could run the program and it has a cost of $5, up to $35 for a Pi2 B. Was just curious about it's feasibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
I didn't realize that a new Emby Theater had been released. MoviePoster doesn't really care about the Emby client you use though, it communicates with the Emby server. I installed the new Emby Theater and noticed that in the Emby Server event list its showed that I was logged in from an Unknown Device. You should be able to change the name of the device in Emby Server though. Just make sure that you change the deviceidtowatch setting in MoviePoster to match it.

I also updated my Emby server installation, and that did seem to break some things. Which Version of Emby Server are you running?
The new version of Emby Server (as of a few months ago apparently) seems to have gotten rid of the Advanced Settings where you generate the API key needed by MoviePoster to connect. I was able to use an apiKey found with the following method:

If you look at the bottom of the main Manage Server page there's a link in the footer that says "API". That opens up Swagger (development documentation). There is an API key in the URL. You should be able to use that as the apikey setting in MoviePoster.

Once I got MoviePoster working with the new Emby Theater, I did notice one issue. In my limited time with Emby Theater, I couldn't find a way to actually stop movie playback. You can pause it, but MoviePoster doesn't see that as stopped. Even when you navigate back to the library, MoviePoster doesn't recognize that playback has stopped, unless you close Emby Theater or play a music file.

I'll continue to investigate and minor tweaks to the plugin may be needed.
Sorry for the delay in my response. I got sidetracked. Anyway it had been so long since I had set it up I had forgot about how it was linked to the server. I think I have the most recent version of server installed. I went in and seen there is what I think is a new area to generate the api keys. I did that then went in and entered that in mpa. Then I noticed I previously had it sent to monitor my basement computer named BASEMENT. For whatever reason that had changed to lowercase Basement, so not sure if that's what the issue was. Anyway after adding the new api key and telling it to watch "Basement" all is working again with the newest emby theater. Thanks for a great product!

Last edited by jeffbab; 01-28-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there release notes for v2.0+? I'm upgrading from a v1.X release and it would be helpful to see a list of features that were added or changed.

I scanned through the thread around the time 2.0 came out but didn't see anything definitive.
- Dave
Old 01-30-2016, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth122 View Post
Are there release notes for v2.0+? I'm upgrading from a v1.X release and it would be helpful to see a list of features that were added or changed.

I scanned through the thread around the time 2.0 came out but didn't see anything definitive.
- Dave
The download page at http://movieposterapp.com/download.html includes a summary of the major changes for each new release.

MoviePoster (Version 2.0 - March 14, 2015)
New Features Include
- Multidisplay Support (Portrait and/or landscape modes)
- Plugin System to support additional mediaplayer integration
- XBMC/Kodi, PLEX, and MediaBrowser3 plugins included
- Initial support for adding TV Show posters
- Backup and restore app registration data
- Integrated support to run with Windows startup
- Enhanced trivia slide support for Question, Clue, and Answer slides
- Most settings can now be changed in the webremote
- New settings options to set user defined "Theater" poster and "Welcome" banner
- Ability to change the cache location (useful for systems with limited internal storage)
- Paging of log files (so they don't get too big)
- Includes Windows .msi installer
- Improved system performance and numerous other bug fixes

MoviePoster (Version 2.1 Release Candidate 2 - November, 2015)
New Features Include
- Updated Kodi Plugin to support Kodi 15.x
- Enhanced support for trivia slide packs
- Improved system performance and numerous other bug fixes
Old 01-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just getting a chance to play around with this app. Many thanks to meyer64 as this app is quite impressive for a moonlighting job. I find that overall things work as described throughout the 58 page posting

I did observe one behavior that I was not able to resolve on my own. When I play a Bluray from KODI 'Play Disc' via my HTPC no poster is shown. It looks like Movie Poster is able to determine the length of the movie because a start and end time is shown but no poster. Perhaps XBMC is not sending an ID to Movie Poster for this workflow but the movie art is showing up in KODI? Any idea what might be going on?

I don't have any basic connectivity issues as Movie App shows "Connected: Kodi 14.2 is stable" at the bottom of the screen. Now Showing works perfect when I play a ripped movie from my NAS via KODI movies.

Here are relevant log entries::

1/31/2016 4:12:04 PM - Plugin Connection Status Changed: Kodi 14.2 stable : True
1/31/2016 4:12:17 PM - Plugin Connection Status Changed: Kodi 14.2 stable : True
1/31/2016 4:12:22 PM - Error in GetBipmapFromImage
1/31/2016 4:12:22 PM - Now Playing:
1/31/2016 4:12:22 PM - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Configuration Details::
Movie Poster 2.1 RC2
Windows 7 SP1
XBMC 14.2 (Kodi)
Ubuntu 12.04

My HT Build 1.0 - [In progress]
Old 01-31-2016, 01:55 PM

No Movie Art When Playing Bluray via KODI Disc

Just getting a chance to play around with this app. Many thanks to meyer64 as this app is quite impressive for a moonlighting job. I find that overall things work as described throughout the 58 page posting

I did observe one behavior that I was not able to resolve on my own. When I play a Bluray from KODI 'Play Disc' via my HTPC no poster is shown. It looks like Movie Poster is able to determine the length of the movie because a start and end time is shown but no poster. Perhaps XBMC is not sending an ID to Movie Poster for this workflow but the movie art is showing up in KODI? Any idea what might be going on?

I don't have any basic connectivity issues as Movie App shows "Connected: Kodi 14.2 is stable" at the bottom of the screen. Now Showing works perfect when I play a ripped movie from my NAS via KODI movies.

1/31/2016 4:12:04 PM - Plugin Connection Status Changed: Kodi 14.2 stable : True
1/31/2016 4:12:17 PM - Plugin Connection Status Changed: Kodi 14.2 stable : True
1/31/2016 4:12:22 PM - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Movie Poster 2.1 RC2
Windows 7 SP1
XBMC 14.2 (Kodi)
Ubuntu 12.04

Old 01-31-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Some basic questions that I "think" I understand, but want to be sure... So thanks in advance for your help and patience if this has been addressed...

1. All I need is a TV (considering a 32 inch or 40 inch) and an Intel stick, and I am set to go? The room has strong wifi, for reference.

2. Is this app difficult to use? I'm computer savvy, but by no means a programmer or tech of any kind.

3. Can I keep the monitor in landscape and mount it traditionally, and have half the screen display the poster, and the other half the trailer, or must I mount it vertically and work that way? I ask as I would like to use the TV for a Firestick, too, and have random video running on it at certain times.

4. What else am I missing to jump into this cool tech?

THANKS!

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
Old 01-31-2016, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown View Post

Movie Poster 2.1 RC2
Windows 7 SP1
XBMC 14.2 (Kodi)
Ubuntu 12.04
I think your on the right track. MoviePoster identifies movies based on their IMDB id number. If XBMC isnt reporting that for movies played form disc, MoviePoster will see that something is playing, but it doesn't know what it is. When you play something from the library, XBMC reports the IMDB id and MoviePoster is able to determine which movie it is. I might be able to add a fallback to the plugin to just fetch whatever image XBMC is showing. I'll keep it on my to do list.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
Some basic questions that I "think" I understand, but want to be sure... So thanks in advance for your help and patience if this has been addressed...

1. All I need is a TV (considering a 32 inch or 40 inch) and an Intel stick, and I am set to go? The room has strong wifi, for reference.
A TV and some sort of PC that can run windows, yes. There is a new version of the Intel compute stick available with a bit better performance, if you decide to go that route. Reviews on the first gen stick were mixed. Otherwise, a few users are running the Kangaroo PC with good success. A smartphone or tablet is handy for accessing the webremote interface also. You can select posters and change numerous settings using the webremote.
Quote:
2. Is this app difficult to use? I'm computer savvy, but by no means a programmer or tech of any kind.
I don't think its difficult. I will admit that some features and configuration options could use some clarification for new users. if you do need any help though, I'm just an email away.
Quote:
3. Can I keep the monitor in landscape and mount it traditionally, and have half the screen display the poster, and the other half the trailer, or must I mount it vertically and work that way? I ask as I would like to use the TV for a Firestick, too, and have random video running on it at certain times.
There isnt a way to show the poster and trailer side by side. But you can disable to default portrait display in the settings and instead add a landscape display. This will give you a layout that uses landscape formatted fanart, with an overlay of the movies logo for use on landscape displays. Trailers play fullscreen using the landscape layout.
Quote:
4. What else am I missing to jump into this cool tech?

THANKS!
Download it and give it a try! All features are available, even if you don't register.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Webremote?? Is that an app??

Old 01-31-2016, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 View Post
Webremote?? Is that an app??
It's the web based remote control interface built into MoviePoster. There are some screenshots on the first post to give you an idea of what it looks like.
There is a button to open it in the program's settings on the About tab.
If you want to access it from another device (phone or tablet) you need to know the hostname or ip adress of the PC running movieposter.
For example, if the hostname of your movieposter pc is myMoviePosterPC, then you can access the webremote by opening a web browser (chrome tends to work best) and navigating to http://myMoviePosterPC:8082/remote.html
dRwOOD73 likes this.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

For those interested, the HTML5 display option is coming along nicely. When finished, it will essentially let you run the MoviePoster program as a 'server' app on a windows pc and then use any device with a modern web browser for the display, probably even letting you use a smart TV without any other hardware required.

I'm modeling the layout after the existing portrait layout, once that's done I'll make one for landscape. There aren't any of the fancy image transitions, just cross-fading, but its still a nice effect. Trailer playback is working. All control is handled by the backend, so you can still use the webremote to select posters and trigger trailers to play.
However, some features aren't available yet such as rotation settings, trivia slides, motion posters, and showtimes.

I'll be posting a test build soon to get some more feedback on how it works on different devices. I'm currently testing on Chrome and Firefox on Windows and Android.

ConradC, tha_kid and vemulasri like this.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:40 PM

@meyer64 that is great news. would we be able to change the port of the movieposter server?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2016, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vemulasri View Post
@meyer64 that is great news. would we be able to change the port of the movieposter server?

the network port? absolutely. that's already been implemented for quite a while.

I have trivia slides working on the HTML5 interface now too.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
the network port? absolutely. that's already been implemented for quite a while.

I have trivia slides working on the HTML5 interface now too.
Ok. i never looked into it as i had a dedicated pc for this. Now that is dying and will use my main server going forward. looking forward to testing the new version.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
@meyer64 this is excellent news, this will allow me to run movie poster as a vm and use a raspberry pi to display it. Great work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
DexDeadly likes this.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 141
between the two intel sticks listed on the website, is there a reason for spending on the more expensive one?

http://www.intel.com/buy/us/en/catal.../computesticks

Like a poster a couple down, i'm just getting started with this, as i think its a really cool idea that i'll match with a 40" tv.

So basically i run the program from the USB? Do i need a smart tv to do this?

JTR 212HT (LCR) | JTR Slanted 8's (Surround Back and Sides) | Dual JTR Captivator S2 Subwoofers
Emotiva XPR-5 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Marantz AV8802A | Kaleidescape Strato + Vault
JVC RS600 Projector |
Sony HW40ES Projector | 138" 2:35 Stewart StudioTek 130
Playstation 4 | Xbox One
Old 02-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylorman32 View Post
between the two intel sticks listed on the website, is there a reason for spending on the more expensive one?

http://www.intel.com/buy/us/en/catal.../computesticks

Like a poster a couple down, i'm just getting started with this, as i think its a really cool idea that i'll match with a 40" tv.

So basically i run the program from the USB? Do i need a smart tv to do this?
The BOXSTCK1A8LFC is the Linux version.

I would stay away from the Intel stick, although I haven't tried the new version that was just announced. I'm not sure if it's the processor or only 2GB RAM. I'll sell you mine if you insist on Intel stick.

The Kangaroo Meyer mention is only 1.44Ghz vs Intel 1.44Ghz, but the Kangaroo CPU Benchmark is almost double that of the Intel stick.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
For those interested, the HTML5 display option is coming along nicely. When finished, it will essentially let you run the MoviePoster program as a 'server' app on a windows pc and then use any device with a modern web browser for the display, probably even letting you use a smart TV without any other hardware required.

I'm modeling the layout after the existing portrait layout, once that's done I'll make one for landscape. There aren't any of the fancy image transitions, just cross-fading, but its still a nice effect. Trailer playback is working. All control is handled by the backend, so you can still use the webremote to select posters and trigger trailers to play.
However, some features aren't available yet such as rotation settings, trivia slides, motion posters, and showtimes.

I'll be posting a test build soon to get some more feedback on how it works on different devices. I'm currently testing on Chrome and Firefox on Windows and Android.

For those that are wondering, you can hide the tabs and address bar by pressing F11 for full screen mode in most browsers.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Is there anyway to change the "rotation" of the Movie Poster "Settings" window? As per the photo below, the orientation of the Movie Poster screen is correct on my 50" Insignia screen, but the "Settings Window" is on its side (90 degrees off). Is there no solution to this, and therefore my only option is to use the Web remote terminal or use the this new "HTML5" browser option to play with the Movie Poster settings, which I assume will show its windows in the current rotation?

Also, while on the subject of this new "HTML5" browser option, how do I get it and does it provide the ability to change the "settings" like the original Movie Poster "settings" window?

Old 02-08-2016, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Is there anyway to change the "rotation" of the Movie Poster "Settings" window? As per the photo below, the orientation of the Movie Poster screen is correct on my 50" Insignia screen, but the "Settings Window" is on its side (90 degrees off). Is there no solution to this, and therefore my only option is to use the Web remote terminal or use the this new "HTML5" browser option to play with the Movie Poster settings, which I assume will show its windows in the current rotation?

Also, while on the subject of this new "HTML5" browser option, how do I get it and does it provide the ability to change the "settings" like the original Movie Poster "settings" window?

As long as your pc supports it, its usually better to use windows to change the screen orientation instead of the rotation built into MoviePoster. The built in rotation is intended for machines that aren't capable of changing the screen orientation, but it is a bit clumsy to use the pc like that. Even if you could rotate the window, your mouse movements would be all wrong, up would move to the right, left, would move up, etc.

If you can, its much better to leave the MoviePoster rotation set to 0, and change the Windows screen orientation instead. This guide will walk yo through it.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...mmary-3615164/

The HTML5 display option will be available for testing in the next release. I still have a few things to implement and test before its ready. It will not support all features, but will cover the basics. Notable missing features at this point are motion posters, showtimes, and the espn gamecast feature I previewed a while back. For those, you'll still need to use a full pc connected to your display. I only see the HTML5 display option being useful for folks who already have a Windows based media server, HTPC or VM system running all the time and also want a cheap way to display MoviePoster. To change settings, you'd either need to use the settings window on the PC running MoviePoster, or through the webremote.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Meyer64.

Replacing "The Great Dane" image at Startup with my own custom image:

I'm going backwards this time with regards to reading every page of this thread. ie I started reading the very last post, and then read every subsequent post
and from the very last post to this thread posted below (post # 1341 of 1731), I believe you guys are talking about replacing the Great Dane image at start up
to your own customer image at Start up. But the link in the post below to the .dll no longer works. I'm not sure as I go "backwards" in reading every post if I will come across more posts/instructions on how to replace the Great Dane image at Startup with your own, but as of right now, can you explain how I can replace your The Great Dane initial image with my own personal one?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks Meyer64.

Replacing "The Great Dane" image at Startup with my own custom image:

I'm going backwards this time with regards to reading every page of this thread. ie I started reading the very last post, and then read every subsequent post
and from the very last post to this thread posted below (post # 1341 of 1731), I believe you guys are talking about replacing the Great Dane image at start up
to your own customer image at Start up. But the link in the post below to the .dll no longer works. I'm not sure as I go "backwards" in reading every post if I will come across more posts/instructions on how to replace the Great Dane image at Startup with your own, but as of right now, can you explain how I can replace your The Great Dane initial image with my own personal one?

if your running Version2.1 RC2, just go to Settings, then the 'Appearance' tab. you can change the tagline for your theater as well as set a customized banner and theater poster. Click the 'Set' button and browse to the image file you'd like to use. .png and .jpg file are supported. Any size image can be used, but 1000x1500 (or at least something 1.5 times as high as it is wide) is preferred for the poster.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Meyer64,

The Movie Poster "Cache" folder and adding your own movie posters: Is my understanding correct that in addition to using the Web Remote GUI to add/remove movie posters in the "Cache", you can also manually add movie posters into the "Cache" directory ie C:\Users\meyer\AppData\Local\MoviePoster directory. I thought there was a specific folder below C:\Users\meyer\AppData\Local\MoviePoster called "Cache" or I could be mistaken. Is this how you can manually add many many movie posters at once so you don't have to use the Web Remote GUI?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks Meyer64,

The Movie Poster "Cache" folder and adding your own movie posters: Is my understanding correct that in addition to using the Web Remote GUI to add/remove movie posters in the "Cache", you can also manually add movie posters into the "Cache" directory ie C:\Users\meyer\AppData\Local\MoviePoster directory. I thought there was a specific folder below C:\Users\meyer\AppData\Local\MoviePoster called "Cache" or I could be mistaken. Is this how you can manually add many many movie posters at once so you don't have to use the Web Remote GUI?
The folder you listed is where most of the config files are located, but the poster cache is actually in your document folder by default, for example:
C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache

within the cache folder there a few subfolders. The Movies cache folder is where the program stores all its cached data. When you add a movie using the webremote, the program downloads and caches more than just the poster. It also saves the metadata for the mpaa ratings, tagline, rotten tomatoes ratings, and additional images such as the logo and a 16:9 format fanart to a folder within Cache/Movies. You could do all that manually I suppose, but it would take some time to do.

If you have a bunch of poster images that you want to add, you could put them in the Cache/Custom folder. You can also specify a folder of your choice for the 'Custom' images in the settings on the 'User Posters' tab if you want them stored somewhere else. You will also need to turn on user posters here (or in the webremote) and specify the frequency that you'd like to program to pull an image from your Custom folder. for example if you set the frequency to 5, an image will be loaded from that location once for every 5 posters shown. The big downside to this approach, is there is no metadata. So things like the tagline, mpaa ratings, rotten tomatoes, studio flag, etc. aren't available, since they are just treated as generic images. 'Custom' posters like this also don't show up in the cache tab in the webremote. Instead you can browse for them and select them for display on the 'Custom Posters' tab in the webremote.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The folder you listed is where most of the config files are located, but the poster cache is actually in your document folder by default, for example:
C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache

within the cache folder there a few subfolders. The Movies cache folder is where the program stores all its cached data. When you add a movie using the webremote, the program downloads and caches more than just the poster. It also saves the metadata for the mpaa ratings, tagline, rotten tomatoes ratings, and additional images such as the logo and a 16:9 format fanart to a folder within Cache/Movies. You could do all that manually I suppose, but it would take some time to do.

If you have a bunch of poster images that you want to add, you could put them in the Cache/Custom folder. You can also specify a folder of your choice for the 'Custom' images in the settings on the 'User Posters' tab if you want them stored somewhere else. You will also need to turn on user posters here (or in the webremote) and specify the frequency that you'd like to program to pull an image from your Custom folder. for example if you set the frequency to 5, an image will be loaded from that location once for every 5 posters shown. The big downside to this approach, is there is no metadata. So things like the tagline, mpaa ratings, rotten tomatoes, studio flag, etc. aren't available, since they are just treated as generic images. 'Custom' posters like this also don't show up in the cache tab in the webremote. Instead you can browse for them and select them for display on the 'Custom Posters' tab in the webremote.
So, if I enter "0" as the frequency instead of "5", then only my Custom poster images will appear? Not that ever see myself having to do that because I like how the program automatically pulls movie posters from the internet.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
So, if I enter "0" as the frequency instead of "5", then only my Custom poster images will appear? Not that ever see myself having to do that because I like how the program automatically pulls movie posters from the internet.
Yes, Exactly.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:37 PM

Kangaroo + MoviePoster + Ubuntu + Kodi = Happy Geek

Microsoft's Kangaroo platform is working great for me. Definitely not a performance platform but it is adequate for web browser and hosting the MoviePoster App. Kangaroo is running Windows 10 and my HTPC is running Ubuntu + Kodi. Everything is working great except for the missing movie art when playing a bluray disc as I reported in a previous post. I attached the Kangaroo device to the back of my television with picture frame velcro and it really is a clean solution aesthetically. The device is about the size of your hand and thus far it has only gotten luke warm with moderate CPU usage.

I didn't have a spare television lying around and I really didn't want to spend $300 just to display movie posters. I ended up settling for a multi-purpose setup that allows me to (1) Display movie posters via the MoviePoster App (2) Show the same content displayed on my HT screen (3) Stream different live TV content via Samsung's SmartTV utility which natively supports the TWC LiveTV app. To accomplish this I purchased a Smart TV, a rotating TV wall mount, a recessed gang box for power and low-voltage cables, and a 4-port HDMI splitter. I will provide more details in my HT build thread but attaching some pictures for reference.

Thanks again for the wonderful app Meyer64! I am a kernel developer by trade so I can appreciate all the effort that has gone into building this application.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2714.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1244985   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0472.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	1244993   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0482.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	1245001  

Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Nice build there jabrown.
Can you post a photo of all three of the screens in this photo with the lights on?
It looks like the one in the middle is in portrait mode but the ones on the left and right are in landscape mode?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Motioncontroller:

Problem: My stupid Insignia TV when powered on take forever. I have not yet installed and pointed the Motion Controller sensor in my house yet, but while playing with my Insignia TV's power button with the TV's original remote control, it probably takes about 10 seconds for the image on the screen to show the Movie Poster App because during the power on of the Insignia TV, a image pops up that says "Insignia DTS" and then the annoying "HDMI 3" blue box shows up after that to show that the TV senses the signal on HDMI 3 input, then that HDMI 3 blue box has to disappear then the Movie Poster shows whatever the current movie poster. Altogether from hitting the power button to the display of the movie poster, the total time is 10 seconds. Even if I pointed the MotionController sensor at the VERY top entrance to the stairs (the Movie Poster 50" TV), it will only take 5 seconds to view the Insignia TV, so you basically have to then stand in front of the Insignia TV to wait for the Movie Poster image to show up. This is an Insignia TV problem, not the Movie Poster Motion Controller problem.

I reached out to the Insignia tech support community via a post to see if there is a way to remove the "Insignia DTS" image and the "HDMI 3" blue box image
in order to speed up the power on time, but I have yet to hear anything.

Here is the link to my post on the Insignia support forum:

http://community.insigniaproducts.co...p/83384#M25007

Anyone have any opinion about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement