MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software. - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 250Likes

post #2011 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This Chromebit boots into webview, displays movie posters and plays trailers perfectly!!!! Thank you!

I'm having the following issues and wondering if anyone else is:
While trailers do play on the Chromebit very nicely, but pressing T to toggle them on and off does not work on that device. However, it does work on the server.

The cursor is always visible.

I have to click on Coming Soon to Show/Hide the scroll bar on the right. However, a faint narrow remnant of it still remains.

I had to change the display address to use 1040 rather then 1080 to get the poster to fit.

After pressing Ctrl+Alt+A to enter into Kiosk setup mode, I have to click on Coming Soon to actually display login screen.

The only way I could figure out how to get into Chrome desktop is as follows. Is there an easier way?
- Enter Kiosk setup
- Disable Local Administrator
- Click Save
- Power Off and back On
- Then Ctrl+Alt+S during boot
- In the password prompt enter the kiosk login name such as admin, press Enter and then the password and press Enter 3 times
- Then enter the Google account password when the Google login appears

However, after following the above steps and rebooting I can no longer get back into Kiosk setup unless I remove the app and reinstall it.

HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF PC i7-6700, 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, RAID 6 (29TB usable space)
My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 02:15 PM

I have tried for hours to get CUSTOM mp4/mkv motion poster folders to play on Chromebit with no luck. The jpg's do display. Motion posters (gif, mp4, etc.) for normal downloaded movies work.

I have Other Posters->Show Custom Posters->Folder pointing to Cache\Custom with Frequency of 1. I have tried disabling everything in Sources except "get posters from the movieposter cache" and deleting everything in the Cache\Movies folder accept one movie (Concussion for instance) and your GD (Great Dane) custom one. But that just shows the home.jpg. Yes I have tried using other download single movie examples also. If I delete the downloaded movie leaving only the GD custom one MPA just sits on the GD opening screen.

GD Folder Name: tt0000004-Great Dane Cinema

Folder contents:
Great Dane Cinema Intro Poster-motionposter.mp4
tt0000004.nfo

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<movie>
  <title>Great Dane Cinema</title>
  <year />
  <tagline />
  <outline />
  <plot />
  <runtime />
  <thumb>/Home.jpg</thumb>
  <mpaa>
  </mpaa>
  <id>tt0000004</id>
  <trailer />
  <genre />
  <logo>
  </logo>
  <discImage>
  </discImage>
  <bannerImage>
  </bannerImage>
  <backgroundImage>
  </backgroundImage>
  <RTcriticRating>
  </RTcriticRating>
  <RTaudienceRating>
  </RTaudienceRating>
  <RTcriticScore>
  </RTcriticScore>
  <RTaudienceScore>
  </RTaudienceScore>
</movie>
BTW, your sample theater poster from http://movieposterapp.com/Downloads/...e%20Cinema.zip still has that correct nfo file containing thousands of lines that was fixed back in March. So I'm using a cleaned up version.

I've even tried the basic such as just using GD in both the Cache\Movies and Cache\Custom folders. I uninstalled and deleted all traces including Program Files (x86), Documents\Movieposter and AppData\Local\MoviePoster folders.

The log file has no trace of looking in Cache\Custom folder so no way of knowing what MPA is seeing and not seeing. Is this by design?

I can get custom posters to show from the same Cache\Custom and Cache\Movies folders, but never the mp4. I've tried with and without the home.jpg file.

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us

Last edited by CaptainKen; 05-28-2016 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Clarification only the CUSTOM movieposter folders don't play
post #2013 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKen View Post
I have tried for hours to get motion posters to work on Chromebit with no luck.

I have Other Posters->Show Custom Posters->Folder pointing to Cache\Custom with Frequency of 1. I have tried disabling everything in Sources except "get posters from the movieposter cache" and deleting everything in the Cache\Movies folder accept one movie (Concussion for instance) and your GD (Great Dane) custom one. But that just shows the home.jpg. Yes I have tried using other download single movie examples also. If I delete the downloaded movie leaving only the GD custom one MPA just sits on the GD opening screen.

GD Folder Name: tt0000004-Great Dane Cinema

Folder contents:
Great Dane Cinema Intro Poster-motion.mp4
tt0000004.nfo

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<movie>
  <title>Great Dane Cinema</title>
  <year />
  <tagline />
  <outline />
  <plot />
  <runtime />
  <thumb>/Home.jpg</thumb>
  <mpaa>
  </mpaa>
  <id>tt0000004</id>
  <trailer />
  <genre />
  <logo>
  </logo>
  <discImage>
  </discImage>
  <bannerImage>
  </bannerImage>
  <backgroundImage>
  </backgroundImage>
  <RTcriticRating>
  </RTcriticRating>
  <RTaudienceRating>
  </RTaudienceRating>
  <RTcriticScore>
  </RTcriticScore>
  <RTaudienceScore>
  </RTaudienceScore>
</movie>
BTW, your sample theater poster from http://movieposterapp.com/Downloads/...e%20Cinema.zip still has that correct nfo file containing thousands of lines that was fixed back in March. So I'm using a cleaned up version.

I've even tried the basic such as just using GD in both the Cache\Movies and Cache\Custom folders. I uninstalled and deleted all traces including Program Files (x86), Documents\Movieposter and AppData\Local\MoviePoster folders.

The log file has no trace of looking in Cache\Custom folder so no way of knowing what MPA is seeing and not seeing. Is this by design?

I can get custom posters to show from the same Cache\Custom and Cache\Movies folders, but never the mp4. I've tried with and without the home.jpg file.
Are you using the portrait layout or landscape? I'll set up my Chromebit again to test.

post #2014 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer64 View Post
Are you using the portrait layout or landscape? I'll set up my Chromebit again to test.
Portrait mode.

Please note that I edited post to clarified the first paragraph as follows:
I have tried for hours to get CUSTOM mp4/mkv motion poster folders to play on Chromebit with no luck. The jpg's do display. Motion posters (gif, mp4, etc.) for normal downloaded movies work.

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
post #2015 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Portrait mode.

Please note that I edited post to clarified the first paragraph as follows:
This looks similar to the problem I have been trying to solve for sometime. I am not using Chromebit. Windows PC only.
post #2016 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loma View Post
This looks similar to the problem I have been trying to solve for sometime. I am not using Chromebit. Windows PC only.
@loma @CaptainKen

Are you guys trying to put your motion poster in the Cache\Custom folder or the Cache/Movies folder? The Cache\Movies folder would be the right location, for example:
C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache\Movies\ tt0000001-Great Dane Cinema

The Cache\Custom folder was originally created as a place to put still images for display like a digital photo slideshow. Like images for concessions (popcorn, soda, candy), or any other plain old image file. It doesn't support all the same features as files loaded from the Movies folder though. I did add .nfo support and trailer support for the Cache\Custom folder and I guess it was an oversight, or maybe poor naming convention, but I never intended motionposters to load from that location. It shouldn't be difficult to add, I just never expected it to be used that way. If your making a custom poster for your theater with a motionposter and an .nfo file, like the Great Dane Cinema example, you'll have to put in the Movies folder.
post #2017 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
@loma @CaptainKen

Are you guys trying to put your motion poster in the Cache\Custom folder or the Cache/Movies folder? The Cache\Movies folder would be the right location, for example:

The Cache\Custom folder was originally created as a place to put still images for display like a digital photo slideshow. Like images for concessions (popcorn, soda, candy), or any other plain old image file. It doesn't support all the same features as files loaded from the Movies folder though. I did add .nfo support and trailer support for the Cache\Custom folder and I guess it was an oversight, or maybe poor naming convention, but I never intended motionposters to load from that location. It shouldn't be difficult to add, I just never expected it to be used that way. If your making a custom poster for your theater with a motionposter and an .nfo file, like the Great Dane Cinema example, you'll have to put in the Movies folder.
I was trying to use the Cache\Custom folder. However, I thought that I had tried using the Cache/Movies as well with no luck. I just tried the Cache/Movies folder with custom and the mp played! I could have sworn that when I was testing this on the Intel Compute they were working in the Cache\Custom folder. How does MPA know these are custom and what frequency to play?

Have you had a chance to look into my other issues expressed in Post #2011?

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
post #2018 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
@loma @CaptainKen

I was trying to use the Cache\Custom folder. However, I thought that I had tried using the Cache/Movies as well with no luck. I just tried the Cache/Movies folder with custom and the mp played! I could have sworn that when I was testing this on the Intel Compute they were working in the Cache\Custom folder. How does MPA know these are custom and what frequency to play?

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
post #2019 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
@loma @CaptainKen

I am using the Movies folder but still have the problem.

@meyer64

The following taken from log:

Welcome - tt0000000 - has been loaded from the cache.

Yet it does not show.

Last edited by loma; 05-28-2016 at 05:03 PM.
post #2020 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

It doesn't. It treats them just like any other poster. you could give it a higher star rating and that will cause it to be shown more frequently though. I'll add motion motionposter support to the Cache\Custom folder, its not hard to do, i just never thought to do it.

Quote:
The only way I could figure out how to get into Chrome desktop is as follows. Is there an easier way?
- Enter Kiosk setup
- Disable Local Administrator
- Click Save
- Power Off and back On
- Then Ctrl+Alt+S during boot
- In the password prompt enter the kiosk login name such as admin, press Enter and then the password and press Enter 3 times
- Then enter the Google account password when the Google login appears
I havent set up my chromebit again yet to give you the precise steps, but Yes its easier than it seems to get back to the chromeOS desktop. You don't need to disable Kiosk at all. Press Ctrl+Alt+A, enter the Kiosk Admin username and password.
When the settings window opens, don't change anything, just scroll to the bottom and click save. The Kiosk app will reload, quick press Ctrl+Alt+S to get to ChromeOS login screen.
post #2021 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
It doesn't. It treats them just like any other poster. you could give it a higher star rating and that will cause it to be shown more frequently though. I'll add motion motionposter support to the Cache\Custom folder, its not hard to do, i just never thought to do it.
Thank you for deciding to add support for that feature!

Strange as in webview you can't see the custom mp's play on the Chromebit. I can only see a few pixels in one small area sometimes are the far left edge. The server PC shows it perfectly.

UPDATE: You also can't right click to the display the popup menu while the motionposter mp4 is playing. This is true with mine and your GD one.

Quote:
I havent set up my chromebit again yet to give you the precise steps, but Yes its easier than it seems to get back to the chromeOS desktop. You don't need to disable Kiosk at all. Press Ctrl+Alt+A, enter the Kiosk Admin username and password.
When the settings window opens, don't change anything, just scroll to the bottom and click save. The Kiosk app will reload, quick press Ctrl+Alt+S to get to ChromeOS login screen.
That worked although I haven't tried it multiple times yet to see if it is now consistent. Thanks!

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us

Last edited by CaptainKen; 05-28-2016 at 05:17 PM.
post #2022 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am using the Movies folder but still have the problem.

@meyer64

The following taken from log:

Welcome - tt0000000 - has been loaded from the cache.

Yet it does not show.
I don't know what to tell you. Are you sure you have the motionposter option turned on? The file you sent me works just fine on my 2.2.0.1 installation.

You should see a line in the log when it finds the motionposter file and starts to play it, see example below:

5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - retrieving .nfo: C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache\Movies\ tt0000000-Welcome\tt0000000.nfo
5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - Welcome - tt0000000 - has been loaded from the cache.
5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - Saving ExtraArt for tt0000000.
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error saving ExtraArt for tt0000000to the cache. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error Retrieving data from Rotten Tomatoes: Value cannot be null.
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Updating UI started for Welcome
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Using Transition Effect: Fade
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error getting rating image: -The path is not of a legal form.
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Show MotionPosterMP
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Playing motion Poster File: C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache\Movies\ tt0000000-Welcome\tt0000000-Welcome-motionposter.mp4
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Updating UI Finished
post #2023 of 2418 Old 05-28-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. Are you sure you have the motionposter option turned on? The file you sent me works just fine on my 2.2.0.1 installation.

You should see a line in the log when it finds the motionposter file and starts to play it, see example below:

5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - retrieving .nfo: C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache\Movies\ tt0000000-Welcome\tt0000000.nfo
5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - Welcome - tt0000000 - has been loaded from the cache.
5/28/2016 7:46:16 PM - Saving ExtraArt for tt0000000.
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error saving ExtraArt for tt0000000to the cache. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Updating UI started for Welcome
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Using Transition Effect: Fade
5/28/2016 7:46:17 PM - Error getting rating image: -The path is not of a legal form.
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Show MotionPosterMP
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Playing motion Poster File: C:\Users\meyer\Documents\MoviePoster\Cache\Movies\ tt0000000-Welcome\tt0000000-Welcome-motionposter.mp4
5/28/2016 7:46:18 PM - Updating UI Finished
That section does not appear in the log.
post #2024 of 2418 Old 05-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hmmm..... The latest version crashes when I try to launch it on my Windows 7 machine

Current setup: JVC RS55 - Marantz 7008 - Dune Solo 4K - Kodi/Chromebox - Cinema 10's LCR - Volt 10 Surrounds - Polk in wall rear & ceiling - eD A7-450
post #2025 of 2418 Old 05-29-2016, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post
Hmmm..... The latest version crashes when I try to launch it on my Windows 7 machine
Do you have .Net framework 4.5 or later installed?
post #2026 of 2418 Old 06-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Do you have .Net framework 4.5 or later installed?
Yes. Latest .Net installed. I went back to the previous version and it works fine. Very weird.
I will tinker more with it when I get home from work this evening.

Current setup: JVC RS55 - Marantz 7008 - Dune Solo 4K - Kodi/Chromebox - Cinema 10's LCR - Volt 10 Surrounds - Polk in wall rear & ceiling - eD A7-450
post #2027 of 2418 Old 06-03-2016, 12:26 PM

@meyer64

Sorry to keep at it. However can the following have any impact on my problem?

Under Cache in the remote, the Welcome motion poster does not have a box with a tick. All other movies have the box with a tick.
post #2028 of 2418 Old 06-03-2016, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
@meyer64

Sorry to keep at it. However can the following have any impact on my problem?

Under Cache in the remote, the Welcome motion poster does not have a box with a tick. All other movies have the box with a tick.
Are you talking about the white rectangle with a checkmark in it? if so, that indicates that a local trailer file is available for that poster. It would make sense that your welcome poster doesn't have one.
post #2029 of 2418 Old 06-03-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about the white rectangle with a checkmark in it? if so, that indicates that a local trailer file is available for that poster. It would make sense that your welcome poster doesn't have one.
Thanks.
post #2030 of 2418 Old 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM

@meyer64

PM sent June 5, 2016
post #2031 of 2418 Old 06-11-2016, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Finished my MoviePoster display:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-11 11.55.50.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1491177   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-11 11.57.04.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1491185  
Tedd and AXLCMT like this.
post #2032 of 2418 Old 06-11-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeters View Post
Finished my MoviePoster display:
Very creative and nice job!!

My Media Center
www.CaptainKen.us
post #2033 of 2418 Old 06-11-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked: 441
What no construction details....

Very nice, very unique, and very awesome!
post #2034 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 06:30 AM

MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
What no construction details....

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Construction details for putting this together are quite simple.

See my former post about stripping the lcd tv and putting it on the wall. Since I can reach the area behind the TV I mointed it straight with some screws on the vesa mount of the TV.

In Photoshop I made the drawing and had it print out in 4 parts (so I can change the inner parts when I get bored of the current design)

Just used double sided tape to put the parts on the TV.

The printing was done on white forex for 72 euros incl. shipping.

I used some black markers to make the borders black.

Last edited by opeters; 06-12-2016 at 07:16 AM.
post #2035 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I went back and found the "stripping the hdtv" post, but that was more directed at the materials you used to do the frame, which you just answered.
So thank you for the details! (I have no idea what Forex is, so off to check that out...)
post #2036 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
I went back and found the "stripping the hdtv" post, but that was more directed at the materials you used to do the frame, which you just answered.
So thank you for the details! (I have no idea what Forex is, so off to check that out...)

Forex is Some sort of PVC foam.
It is cheap and durable just not sturdy.
If needed you can use aluminum staves to make it sturdy.

Google for Forex Printing.

If only Disney was selling some raw images that I could print. No need for old fashion paper posters and frames.

I found some companies that allows for custom sizes and are cheap. Others sell also black forex with a special glossy coating but offer only fixed sizes.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
post #2037 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm actually am using (sheet) aluminum.

Initially I wondered about what material you used. I was thinking routed MDF.
A foam core board wasn't approach was even on my radar.
post #2038 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 AM

Aluminum sound expensive but awesome when using suited images.

Wasn't thinking of Forex either until I say the price and quality. 72 euro for 189cm x 93cm printed in quality is doable for me.

They also can cut the frame if you need a special form. Some photoshop knowledge is required. I am Just a Photoshop rookie.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
post #2039 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Wasn't cheap, but there's some other goodies coming out of that aluminum too.

What started as a budget reuse of an existing hdtv turned into more an exploration of how high end this sort of cool project could get?
post #2040 of 2418 Old 06-12-2016, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I use Emby server and legacy Emby theater. I am not able to figure out how to set up plugin for Emby server. I generated API key and placed appropriate info (address, port, API key) in the setting. However, there is "No connection" message is displayed. I do not have technical knowledge of troubleshooting. Can someone help me set up this wonderful tool with emby (from both the MoviePoster setting and Emby server setting side)?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page