Seatcraft Rialto "Riserless" Seats - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm looking for some seating for my theater room and would like a couple of rows of seats, but my ceiling is too low in the basement for a riser. I found these seats

http://www.****************/seatcraft-rialto-front-row-home-theater-seating/12/236

They seem perfect for me. I just don't know anything really about seating. Are these good seats? They seemed to have gotten good customer reviews on the website. What do you think would be a good price to pay for these seats? Would I be able to get anything off these seats or is the price as is with home theater seating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Just FYI I would take those reviews with a grain of sale. The company picks/chooses which ones go up there, and additionally I was reading reviews for the seats I have on the way (Berkline 12000 Frampton) and more than 1/2 of them talk about another chair in the actual testimonial.

Before I purchased mine I was looking into some Seatcraft stuff too but no one really had much info about them anywhere, on this site or just searching on google.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-22-2013, 08:49 PM

Liked: 21
i bought the standard rialto seats and the back row rialto seats which is 8 inches taller. I too didnt have a high cieling and couldnt use a riser. These backrow seats are great. the ONLY gripe i have about htem is that it feels a tiny bit awkward getting off and on them cuz they are 8 inches taller. Especially for shorter people. they may need to do a little hop.

to fix this problem i built a platform with 2 x4's Now then seem MUCH more comfortable to get in and out from smile.gif

post #4 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM

Liked: 10
Hey. I'm looking at the Rialto and am hoping you can answer some questions: Where are they made? How comfortable are they? Is the leather pretty sturdy? Can you tell me where you purchased them from? I'm looking at **************** but some of the buyers had bad experiences. Anything you can add that would help would be much appreciated.. I can't find any to try locally and I'm nervous buying them sight unseen. Thanks.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2014, 11:56 AM

Liked: 11
Are the seats comfortable? I'm a big guy and I hate to buy a seat sight unseen. Thx.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkseoĀ View Post

i bought the standard rialto seats and the back row rialto seats which is 8 inches taller. I too didnt have a high cieling and couldnt use a riser. These backrow seats are great. the ONLY gripe i have about htem is that it feels a tiny bit awkward getting off and on them cuz they are 8 inches taller. Especially for shorter people. they may need to do a little hop.

to fix this problem i built a platform with 2 x4's Now then seem MUCH more comfortable to get in and out from smile.gif

so, you're ceiling was too low to put the seats on a riser, but not too low to use seats that are 8inches too tall, and build a step(riser) in front of them to help you get up? just seems like you could have put the same 'short' seats on a 8" riser and been done with it

not sure I follow that logic. but at least the result looks good, haha

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page