remote power - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Epson 3010 projector mounted in a niche in the next room; works great but it is overheating. I've put a fan behind the unit and it cools it off just great...however, I need to climb a ladder each time I want to use it and then remember to climb back up to turn it off.

I thought of a thermal switch, but the outside temperature really does not get up high enough to trip it...any thoughts as to how I can switch it remotely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pilkington View Post

I have an Epson 3010 projector mounted in a niche in the next room; works great but it is overheating. I've put a fan behind the unit and it cools it off just great...however, I need to climb a ladder each time I want to use it and then remember to climb back up to turn it off.
I thought of a thermal switch, but the outside temperature really does not get up high enough to trip it...any thoughts as to how I can switch it remotely?

A temp controlled switch should allow you to set on/off temp at your preference. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Next option would be an Insteon outlet. You could turn the outlet on and off remotely via the device of your choice.

BTW: Welcome to the forum. smile.gif

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page