Mix Berkline models, front row different to back row... Anyone done this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to know if anyone has mixed different models of Berkline seats in their theater.

Obviously I'm concerned how they will look, mismatched. I am considering using 12006's for my front row, 4 seats with a loveseat in the middle. This would be nice and narrow (ample room to pass on either side of the row... my room is 15' wide) and also the seat backs are short helping with surround sound (the surround speakers are aligned with the back row).

My front row is close enough that I would want the two end seats angled toward the screen (wedges instead of straight arms). This way, the two armrests are also wide enough to share, since they are the wedge pieces (no straight arms in this configuration).

For the back row, I thought 12000's or 12003's would be good. Since it will be a straight row of 3 (maybe 4) seats, with only straight arms, the wider arm rests are desired. This model would also provide more comfortable seat backs for any guests who are taller. The extra width of the complete row is not a problem in back, since the seating will be staggered. I'm using a 12" riser.

Would the mixed seat designs look too weird?

Thank you for any advice!

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I mixed my seats and I think it looks just fine. I have 4 Berkline 88's in the front row and three 187's in the back row. They were all manufactured at the same time using the same style and color of leather.

Guy
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page