lighting controls - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’m seeking advice on getting a new lighting control system in my home theater. When I built my HT I installed an X10 remote wireless lighting control system.

I don't really like it as the switches often refuse to turn on, I'm thinking the contacts don't always make "good" contact requiring me to use excessive force and probably making the problem worse every time I jam on them.

My next frustration is that they do not have “preset” dimming levels…i.e. I like most all of the lights fully-on when we enter the room and get seated, then off or at a preset dim point for watching the projector.

On the plus side I was able to program my Harmony remote to control the lights, with a macro that turns them off when we start a movie, and on when we pause. But ideally I’d like to be able to program a mid-point for the lights when we are eating or seeking some background lighting during a TV show.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With X10 there is a great product called the CM11A which allows macros to be defined. I have used a couple of unused device codes to create macros to dim lights to specific levels. It works pretty well.

http://www.x10pro.com/pro/catalog/interfaces.html#computer

Reed

Check out my theater! My Theater
Here is the Arcade: The Arcade
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page