Lighting for CD Tower - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I'm looking for creative ideas on how to light my CD tower. I've had to move it away from the corner due to installing large corner traps. I've always used a tall, obtrusive lamp to light the room and the tower when I'm changing CDs but I'd like to get something now that increases the "Wow" factor by about a thousand. I thought about something simple like a two blue or white LED strips placed vertically o;n the side wall just in front of the tower, but I don't know if that would be enough light by itself to read the titles on the CDs. The tower spins, so I only need one side lighted if the lighting is wall mounted. I also thought about putting LEDs on the tower itself, but the only solutions I thought of would either amount to a simple lamp that sits atop the tower or something that makes the tower resemble a Christmas tree.

One potentially big constraint I have is I'm renting my house, so anything going in to the wall needs to be removable and I need to be able to simply spackle over any holes.

The corner traps will soon be covered by a facade frame with solid royal blue fabric wrapped around it.

Any ideas for lighting the tower so I can read the CDs are greatly appreciated!

CD Rack1.jpg 311k .jpg file CD Rack2.jpg 461k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD Rack1.jpg (310.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CD Rack2.jpg (461.4 KB, 4 views)
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page