Awesome Garbage Find!!!! Now I Need Some Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I was driving around at work today when I found this on the curb, waiting for a garbage truck outside of a warehouse that was closed down

Ben & Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" lol wink.gif

I think this thing is so cool and had to have it. It would be a great addition to my concession area. It's in surprisingly good shape, and has storage space for things like cups, popcorn tubs etc as you can see in the picture. It was very solid. The front lights up illuminating the glass sign in the front.

Now, I want to modify this to make it more appropriate for a home theater. I'd like to put the popcorn machine on top of this and get a custom glass sign on the front that says "Fresh Popcorn" or something similar. I have a design envisioned in my head but I am very un-artistic and won't be able to show a custom sign maker the design I want other then describing it. For those of you that are good with graphics etc, I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me out or at least find something similar to what I'm visioning in my head.

I want something along the lines of movie reals in the corners with the movie film ribbon cascading out of the reel a little with a dark background to give it some awesome contrast and a popcorn tub/container overflowing with popcorn on the front with the words "Fresh Popcorn" above it. I don't know how to describe it exactly and I'm not artistic so it's gonna be hard for me showing what I want. Any help or designs/pictures/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

So what do you guys think!!!! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'd probably just set it up in front of my house and sell ice-cream to the neighborhood kids!

For in theater use I'd consider replacing the front with glass, like you've though of. You might be able to make shelves across the entire interior and make it into a full candy counter display. I don't think that the top needs much - it's an interesting shape. Don't over do it!

Visit Cinema Murray

Check out a video of my theater here

Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRandy View Post

I'd probably just set it up in front of my house and sell ice-cream to the neighborhood kids!

For in theater use I'd consider replacing the front with glass, like you've though of. You might be able to make shelves across the entire interior and make it into a full candy counter display. I don't think that the top needs much - it's an interesting shape. Don't over do it!

I have a display case already for candy. I found one on craigslist for 80 bucks

I was just gonna use this to put the popcorn machine on. The compartments/shelfs in the back I was gonna use to store popcorn tubs, cups etc. The large open area on the left I was gonna put a refrigerator. I had to save this piece from the garbage.