Looking for seat suggestions to replace Palliser Atomics - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have had the Palliser atomic seats for a little over a year and my wife and I both greatly dislike them. Unfortunately they were purchased from an online retailer and not returnable. I had read many good reviews about these and it seems many people like the firmness of the seat but we do not. they got a little better over time but we like cushy sink into them kind of seats.

Without turning into a post complaining about our current seats, the real deal is now getting ones that we do like. unfortunately there are not many options to go out and try locally. It seems around here all I can fine are Lane brand seats, which seem to be alright. But i don't want to limit myself to one brand.

We have sat on the 103/222 I'm not sure which it was but I believe these are the same. They seemed to be fairly comfortable to us, although the build quality seemed a little lower than the Palliser.
We also sat in the Lane 315 which was great but will not work for our configuration.

What we NEED are two loveseat configuration setups. no more than 64" wide each ( a little narrower is better) and not to state the obvious but cup holders are a must.
What we would really like is Tray tables (which is why we got the Atomics)
Just slightly lower on the list would be storage in the arms.
Last is lighting, we really don't care if it has lighting most if the time I don't think we would use it.

Price I am not to concerned with to much with but I'll put a total limit at $5,000 I'm sure we can get something for less than that which suits our needs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated also if any one know if any stores in the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area or even Charlotte which has a good selections of seats try that would be even better.

Lastly, I know some seats don't come with a left arm only and right arm only option to create a loveseat, but I am not against modifying where possible a 2 arm seat to make it a 1 arm to make the configuration work.

Thank you for any help,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 PM

Liked: 11
Hi,
I'm starting to look for seating and have seen your complaint about the firmness of cushion for a variety of seats. I think most of these are made in china and have similar cushions. I'm thinking of giving roman a call, since there are a lot of posts praising him (rtheater.com).
I'm no sure how your seats are put together, but I was thinking that if I bought a seat with a bad cushion that I could get a new cushion to replace it. Might be a custom job but a lot cheaper than new seats.
E

Epson 5010 with 110" Accuscreen. Yamaha rx-v773, HTPC with XBMC.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Liked: 11
Follow-up.I checked out some Palliser seats today and they are made in Mexico. I don't think you would be able to easily have the cushions changed out.

Epson 5010 with 110" Accuscreen. Yamaha rx-v773, HTPC with XBMC.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM
pjp

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Sorry to hear that you don't like the Pallisers. We tried as many theater seats as we could find locally and preferred the Pallisers because of the firmness. All of the others felt too soft to us, particularly the Berklines, so you shouldn't have any problem finding softer seats. We liked Pallisers best, but the seats from Bell'O were our second favorite. The Bell'O's do have removable sides so it looks like you could make a loveseat.

BTW: We ordered our Pallisers with a center loveseat (2 seats connected together with no sides) because we were space limited. One of the downsides of the Palliser center loveseat is that the up/down control is a handheld controller (because there is no side for them to attach buttons) and the blue lights on the up/down buttons are VERY BRIGHT in a darkened theater. I tried putting electrical tape over them, but that only slightly reduced the brightness. Finally, I came up with the idea of using felt bag for a smartphone to get rid of the lights. I ordered two of them off ebay for about $6 total with shipping from China and it works perfectly. The ones I ordered were about 3" x 5" (measure controllers before ordering) and they just barely slip over the controllers and have a perfectly snug fit. There is a drawstring on one end, so you can pull it tight and tie it so that it stays on, but can easily be removed when desired. Getting rid of these light sources makes a huge difference in watching movies in a projector environment. Hoping this tip helps someone because those lights drove me crazy for a long time.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM

Liked: 10
I agree with your assessment of the Palliser seats being too firm. I agree.

I had Berkline seats before and loved them, but Berkline went out of business so we had to get something else.

If Berkline was still in business that would be the direction I would point you because those are some comfy seats smile.gif
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page