Minimalist Projector Stand or Bookcase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone.

I just received my new Panasonic PT-AR100U HD projector.

I'm looking to turn a small living room into a home theater using this projector and I have decided to position it on a bookcase \ bookshelf, or a projector stand that would be at the very back wall of a 14 foot room. This projector can throw a 120" image with only 12 feet of clearance.

Problem is, I'm having a difficult time finding a nice bookcase or bookshelf for the job. Looking for one that is black and I would most likely put the projector on top of it versus on a shelf.

I'm curious if there is an elegant projector shelf of some kind. I don't want to put even 1 nail in any walls for this project. This is due to my weird OCD thing. smile.gif

Anyway, any ideas?

Most of the rear projector stands I have seen appear to be the opposite of good looking, which is why I'm leaning towards a nice bookshelf or bookcase.

My price range is around $350 for this item in case that helps. I don't know where to even start looking for something like this. Hoping someone here can help.

Also, with this projector, what would the optimal height be for placement? It will be behind a couch so, it would need to be at least 6 feet high or greater I would imagine.

The projector is about 15 inches from front to back so the top of the bookcase \ shelf would need to be around that size as well, perhaps a few more inches would be needed so the projector doesn't fall off and come crashing down on the ground and explode.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or photos of a really nice bookcase \ shelf in black that would work, I'd like to get some ideas. thanks

Denon AVR-2313CI
Klipsch RW-12D on Gramma
JBL Northridge Series N24|| x 6
JBL Northridge Series N-CENTER||
Large box of Milk Duds chocolate caramel candy
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page