Flat Panel TV mounts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the correct forum. I hope I have the right spot for this question.

Anyway...im looking at a 47in tv that I want to wall mount.

I want to find a mount that I can have 1 in the bed room and one in the basement.

I want to be able to quickly remove the tv and bring it to the basement and then back to the bedroom without too much work.

I imagine 2 mount plates and im all set.

Im curious if anyone has any recommendations for this?

I would think it would have to pull out or swing out a bit to get at the cables after putting it on the mount. I don't have a specific need for the TV in either spot to be able to swing around and turn every which way. It would be nice to have this though so I could get at the cables.

Id like to have the tv mounted in the basement (workout room) in the winter and in the bedroom in the summer.

TVs are so light weight now I don't imagine it will take much of a mount to hold it.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I don't think I'd personally go this route. But couldn't you just buy two identical mounts? Most of the bigger mounts have this hooks/rails deal attach to the back of the TV. There's typically a set screw you'd screw in. But you could just unplug the wires, loosen your set screws, and grab-n-go.

Though you'd still have the unused mount hanging on the wall. Maybe you could rig up a nice poster or painting to attach to the vacant mount tongue.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thats the idea smile.gif

Ive got a mirror in the bedroom that covers the area when not in use there.

Id love to find one interchangeable rear arms that attach to the TV.

I want a fixed mount unit for the bedroom but a swivel for the basement as there is angled seating there potentally.

Most of the mounts are so bulking now too....

tv 25lbs.......mount 50lbs....

Probably great for the older heavier tvs but not for the newer ones which are much lighter.
The rear hooks or mount should be make from carbon fiber or composite so it doesnt bulk out the tv so much.

Anyway...i might have to settle for a fixed mount in both locations at this point and just deal with the couch angle in the basement unless i can find somthing universal.

Shopping for mounts is like trying to find somthing in the android store......BILLIONS of options for a seemly simple task.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 109
monoprice.com They have every kind of mount under the sun. A simple mount like this works great and is what I use in my kitchen only issue is it is VERY tight to the wall so if the ports are not on the sides it can be an issues.. Just tilt out and lift off.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=6424&seq=1&format=2

If that doesn't work for you there are many other and they are cheap enough you can by 6 for what you would pay for one in a store.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The only problem I see with what you want to do is that the swiveling mounts have to be fastened to the wall bracket with screws ( if you think about it for a minute the reason becomes clear ), however the flat or tilting mounts can hang freely (gravity holds them in place). You are not going to find a flat & swivel mount that uses the same brackets because they are constructed differently. Your best bet would be to buy two identical mounts or get another TV.

post #6 of 6 Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The price of the current hardware available to do what you want to do may be nearly equal to the cost of second display and two monoprice mounts.
Chief has a four point keyhole connection system that is very easy to latch and unlatch. Tool-less spring clip secures the mount from being lifted off.
http://www.chiefmfg.com/TV-Mounts/Wall-Full-Swing
I suspect if carbon fiber and composites were less expensive and equally reliable to utilize for TV mounts you would have seen them by now.

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page