Standout Design Majestic media cabinet and Denon 4520 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-18-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Is anyone using the Standout Design Majestic media cabinet with the Denon 4520? The depth of the cabinet seems sufficient to fit the Denon based on the specs of each but I'm not sure how much room there will be for all of the cable/wire connections behind the Denon. The Majestic lists a depth of 19 7/8" vs. the Denon's listed depth of 16.64".

Also with the Majestic, has anyone purchased the two extra vented glass shelves and put 6 components in the Majestic? It seems a bit tight but I was hoping to stay with the 22" height of the Majestic and keep the two warmest components on opposite sides of the cabinet to take advantage of the separate fan-cooled compartments on each side of the center compartment.

Due to limited wall space for my screen which will be mounted above the cabinet and partially below an HVAC duct running perpendicular to the screen, I'd like to go with the Majestic's 22" height. Even at 22", I will only have 59" of wall space to work with for a 55" high screen, leaving a 2" space above and below the screen. Ceiling and screen wall will be flat black.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Denon 3312 in my Majestic, which is 14.9" deep. My connections work fine. I also have the receiver set back just over 3" inches from the door. I just ordered a Denon 4520 and it's quite a bit heavier.... and, just in case you were thinking of putting it on a glass shelf, I wouldn't. Although I don't have the extra components and shelves, the cooling fan and bottom vent do a great job of keeping the equipment from running too hot... I think it would work okay for your set-up... I just don't know if the 4520 runs hotter than the 3312.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page