LED TV Riser? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 04-07-2013, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new BDI Icon stand and a 46 inch ES8000 Samsung Led. The Tv is 3-5 inches lower then I would really like it. I have this gorgeous tv and great looking glass/steel stand I hate to put some cheap/particle wood riser under it. Just looks crappy and I don't trust it with my new 1500 tv. Anyone have any suggestions in regards to a brand or manufacturer that makes anything that I can bring my tv up a little?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Wall mount? You wouldn't be the first guy to put something underneath a wall mounted TV
post #3 of 10 Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I could do that Nick but I've already invest 800 + in the stand and would hate to drop another 350 and install cost on the wall mount. I'd have over 1600 in just mounting crap! I've shopped mounts and the one that would work best for my room is expensive and I'm not very handy and don't have any tools so would have to have someone come in for the install. I think I can have a wood stand custom made for around 150. Just might look strange with my glass and metal BDI stand.
post #4 of 10 Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Well if you're paying ~$350 for a wall mount, that's nuts. eek.gif You could do it for well under $100. If you can use a screwdriver (or drill) you can install a wall mount.

That's not the point of your thread though, so hopefully somebody else chimes in with a solution smile.gif
post #5 of 10 Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Maybe place a couple of these or similar under the TV?
post #6 of 10 Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Liked: 10
Sorry to see that you didn't get any replies as I am wanting the same thing for our 55 inch tv. I ordered one of the black wood risers for our smaller flat screen but I'm not nuts about the look of it. Did you ever end up finding something that you liked? If so hope you'll share your info.[/SIZE]
post #7 of 10 Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Sorry to see that you didn't get any replies as I am wanting the same thing for our 55 inch tv. I ordered one of the black wood risers for our smaller flat screen but I'm not nuts about the look of it. Did you ever end up finding something that you liked? If so hope you'll share your info.[/SIZE]
post #8 of 10 Old 09-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It would be pretty easy to build one out of glass. Have a glass shop cut and polish the edges, then take it home and assemble with silicone. All you need is silicone, tape for clean lines and some tape to hold it together while it dries.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Any luck in figuring this problem out?

I just bought a 46" Samsung LED TV and also a Samsung sound bar which sits right in front of the TV and I have to raise the remote to a high position in order to do anything (mute, off/on, etc.).  Right now I have the soundbar sitting on its face so I don't have to raise the remote control to accomplish any of the functions.

I'd like to know if you find a solution.  I will be thinking about solving this problem.

post #10 of 10 Old 04-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspengirl View Post

Any luck in figuring this problem out?

I just bought a 46" Samsung LED TV and also a Samsung sound bar which sits right in front of the TV and I have to raise the remote to a high position in order to do anything (mute, off/on, etc.).  Right now I have the soundbar sitting on its face so I don't have to raise the remote control to accomplish any of the functions.

I'd like to know if you find a solution.  I will be thinking about solving this problem.

Look at this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1262172/any-tv-risers-that-can-accommodate-a-polk-cs2. I both a set of Capita Legs from Ikea and attached them to a piece of shelving from Home Depot. Total cost about $25.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page