Coaster Cyrus Home Theater Seating - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking for home theater seating locally since the location I live at can't really accommodate delivery by freight. Anyhow, pretty much all that's available locally is the Cyrus line of theater seating from Coaster, and even then they don't have them at the store for inspection for me to get a good look, they have to order them down from another one of their stores if I decide to purchase them.

Has anyone had experience with these seats? Are they really low quality since they seem to be a bit more "budget oriented"? Even better, anyone have actual pictures of theirs set up? All I can seem to google up is the same stockish photos used over and over. Thought I'd ask since the only informative thread I could find on those seats was a few years old. Any info from actual owners or people who have tried them out first hand is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have sat on the chairs several times at Furniture Market in High Point, NC when Coaster had them on display. So here is my take on the Cyrus:

1.) They have a lower back height at 38". So make sure you will be OK with this. Most recliners and home theater chairs are at least 41". If you are over 5'7" / 5'8" tall you will have little to no head support. Measure your current recliner or sofa or whatever you have in your house to compare and see if you will be OK with that height.

2.) They are more firm than most chairs.

3.) Given points 1 and 2, they are still well made. It's a nice looking chair, albeit on a smaller scale, with nicely done stitching and details. Just know that you are getting a firmer, smaller chair.

I'm curious what area you live in also? We have never had in instance of a person not being able take a freight delivery, not matter how remote. We work with a large number of carriers so there is usually at least one option out there. If you could PM me your city state and zip I can check on this for you. This would definitely open you up to many options other than the Cyrus.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page