Star fiel/ceiling questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys.
I would like to add a star fiel on my ceiling but have a couple of questions to ask so to figure out if its doable.

1). Ceiling is only 7.5' high, will that have impact on how the star field setup will look like? being that low will i still have the nice effect or will it be too close and the led's very visable?

2). If the star field setup on the ceiling is in front of the projector, does it have any effect on the projector beam if it was to be on during a movie? since the ceiling is low and the projector would be at the same height...

3). If these star fields are setup near the screen and on during a movie, would it wash out the image?

Reason im asking, i have a room thats like a T, so i can choose to have the star field either between me/projector and the screen, or have it behind me and the projector as to not interfere with the projectors beam etc.

I am worried however how low it would be.

anyone have a setup with low ceiling and can give some input?
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
1.) You should be OK with that ceiling height.

2.) An LED & fiber optic lighting combination provide little to no ambient lighting to the room. They are points of light much like stars in the sky. It will not affect the projector beam.

3.) No, since they provide little to no lighting to the room. Think of stars in the sky. While you can see the stars in the sky from a dark place they add little light to what is below.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 10
I agree with everything Ken said.

And to add to what he said, I know a lot of people buy the expensive and bright halide bulb mechanisms to drive their fiber obtics. I bought a realtivly inexpensive (well 2) LED Driver units and they work great. No heat and the LEDs will last, probably, for many many years.

I set mine to twinkle for a nice effect, but then turn them off for watching movies. It's not that they are intrusive or brigth per se, rather the "twinkling" effect is a slight distraction that wanted to remove while watching movies.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page