Corner wall mount for 60" plasma suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I recently bought a 60inch for the corner of my basement but I am having a hard time determining what wall mount I need. I want to the tv to extend far enough so it has enough clearance to reach a 45degree angle before the sides hit the wall. I can't find anything on the web that has a good rule or suggestion to achieve this. I am eyeing one that extends 25inches but I do not know if that will be enough. Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Have you looked at Monoprice.com
They have a lot of mounts and I have used 2 of the corner mounts for 42 and 47 inch led's. I am sure they have what you need to do the job.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

It's not where to look. My concern is how far do I need the arm to extend out so I can angle a 60" plasma in the corner of my room. I'm hoping this one will work( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032QA93M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it extends out 25inches but is that far enough for a corner mounted tv that I want at an angle of at least 45 degrees?
post #4 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakem1x View Post

It's not where to look. My concern is how far do I need the arm to extend out so I can angle a 60" plasma in the corner of my room. I'm hoping this one will work( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032QA93M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it extends out 25inches but is that far enough for a corner mounted tv that I want at an angle of at least 45 degrees?

Don't know about the 45 degrees but the mount from Amazon will work for a conner. You can get just about the same thing from Monoprice for 40 bucks and there are planes, specs and costumer reviews right there to help you out. Find the stud that is nearest the corner, about 16 inches and use a yard stick to lay it out to see if you get what you want.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=8586&seq=1&format=2
post #5 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

That's the same mount from amazon 26.5 inch extension. I still can't believe there isn't more information out there for this. TVs come in pretty standard sizes and so do mounts. Ugh
post #6 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakem1x View Post

That's the same mount from amazon 26.5 inch extension. I still can't believe there isn't more information out there for this. TVs come in pretty standard sizes and so do mounts. Ugh
Draw it out showing the dimensions on a napkin (or other scrap paper) and use the Pythagorean theorem or other trig tricks to determine how long an extension you need. It's all just right triangles, after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Just as big an idea thief as)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Draw it out showing the dimensions on a napkin (or other scrap paper) and use the Pythagorean theorem or other trig tricks to determine how long an extension you need. It's all just right triangles, after all.

This. It really depends where you can mount the mount.

I did this very thing in my old place, but my set was smaller. It worked really well.

------

post #8 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
It's literally the width of your TV divided by 2. No fancy math needed. Though I'd suggested framing out the angle with a couple of 2x4s and mounting your TV flat on that.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page