Lane 103 Seating, anyone have it and NOT happy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-01-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I hear nothing but good things about these. I have had mine for about 6 months, and started to develop back pains. I am unsure if it's related to the seating, but the pain usually increases when i'm in them for an extended period. I do find myself fidgeting while watching movies/tv shows, trying to get more comfortable. I'm 6'2 and weigh a little under 200 pounds. I seem to sink really far into the padding which creates a gap between the back part of the chair and the part you sit on. I see no reason why this wouldn't be different for anyone that's much lighter weight, the foam is easy to push down. If I sit high up, I have no way to rest my head and my butt will actually be halfway in the gap between the back and seat. If I relax, and move down so my head can rest on the back, my feet hang off and my lower back seems like it doesn't get enough support.

My main problem is it seems to be getting worse. The middle, and most used part, already seems like the foam gives way easier than the other 2 seats.. making the middle less comfortable. This seating was expensive, and they only carry (I believe) a 1 year warranty on the foam. I'm starting to see why, but I still refuse to believe that this is the case because I can't find a single negative review on this sofa.

I have serious doubts on the foam lasting for more than 2-3 years. Also, the backs on one them refuses to latch on one side. It stays there and works, but you can wiggle it and it looks crooked.

Has anyone had problems with this sofa?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the same seats (a row of 4). I've had mine for about 4 months now. I'm 6'1" 180lb and my seat is pretty broken in now also. The foam has lost some of it's density and it's not as firm. I think these seats are meant to be more of a plush/sink in seat. But I prefer the firmness/support they had when they were new also. I haven't noticed any back pain yet, but my feet do hang off the end a little and I fidget a little more than I did when they were new.

I think you would do better with a firmer seat that you sit on as opposed to sink into, and I kinda feel the same. However, I upgraded to these from a really ****** old couch so I'm still loving these chairs at the moment, lol. My wife is 4'10" 100lb so her chair is still like new, so she has no complaints. I'm going to start rotating the seat backs on mine every 6 months so they wear evenly.

As far as one of your backs not wanting to latch in correctly, I had the same problem with one of them. I just had to pull it off completely and re-insert it evenly and it latched. I had to do that a few times before it finally snapped in, if you're still having trouble try to get the problem side to latch in first by pushing on that side. The other 3 worked perfectly.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page