**Please Read**Seeking Advice for NIB components (A Few Years Old) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-23-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
I thought I had posted in this but cannot locate the posting so I thought I would try again.

Due to an untimely and unpredicted passing, my brother passed away leaving us with his estate to liquidate. What we found were several new components. Here's what we have:

MartinLogan Vista Electrostatic Hybrid Speaker x2

Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver (XM Ready,Compatible w/iPod) x1

Mirage Subwoofer (PS-12-90)

I don't have the models of the MartinLogan speakers - but I know the speakers were never opened, the receiver was opened but is still in the box (must've been opened to look at but never used), and the subwoofer box may have been opened (like the receiver) though if is also new (never used).

We have a feeling this is about 4 years old as he was going to build a theater room in his home but then got divorced and moved to a different state. These items were kept in a climate controlled storage unit they were brought back by us and now they are in the box and sitting in another controlled environment.

Looking for recommendations for the best way to sell and if anyone can give guidance as to what they know about these brands, my family and I would appreciate it!

Thanking you in advance.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35

Where are you located?  Maybe someone local can help you out.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

We are in the Midwest -- IL (a NW suburb of Chicago to be exact). Any recommendations? Thank you!
post #4 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM

Linda- I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. You really need to figure out the exact model number for the ML speakers. Research audiogon.com for what people are selling the items for. You will probably have to use Craigslist to sell the stuff since you have no online "reputation" for over the net sales of this magnitude. You can probably find an independent audio shop in Chicago that may buy it or least allow consignment.

Good luck!
post #5 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! The speakers are at my oldest brother's place. He and I are trying to figure the best way to do this; would really like to do as a package but will separate speakers, receiver, etc., if need be. I will look at the Audiogon.com website once I get the model numbers of the ML Speakers! You have all been wonderful with your assistance! I will Google for a local 2nd hand consignment shop that will assure us that we will not get taken advantage of due to our lack of home audio experience. Thank goodness for the internet and Google. Thanks again to all that have responded.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
Yamaha Rxv2700 7 1 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page