Palliser Indianapolis - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone know much about this new theater seat?

It looks like the headrest puts your head in the right spot when reclined, facing forward or slightly up. I'm 6'0 tall and the 41" seat back seems like it would be ok.

Can't find one to sit in yet but I thought I'd reach out to everyone here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
dsteak,
I replied to your PM with pretty much the same info, and I will post here for public knowledge, also.

I have sat in the Indianapolis a couple of times at Furniture Market. It's a nice chair. Here are my thoughts:

* It is more firm than some of the Palliser models
* It is a great looking chair. I love the appearance of this model.
* Because of the headrest, your head will be pointed more toward the screen than with the Playback you sat in.
* It has only a 41" back height. If you are taller than 5'10" / 5'11" or so, you are going to have no head support. If you are 6'0" or taller I suggest looking at another model. I believe I have a video of me sitting in the chair. I'm 6' tall. I can dig it up and put it on our server if you'd like. It would probably be tomorrow or Friday...

Whatever model you choose make sure you get power recline so that you can control the angle at which you view the screen, especially if this is a concern of yours.

I don't think you mentioned being 6' tall in your PM. Assuming you will not find the Idianapolis anywhere to test drive (pun intended), I highly recommend finding a recliner, even if another brand, that is 41" tall to sit in to see if you like it before purchasing the Indianapolis. I think you're not going to be very happy with the back height once you do.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2014, 09:29 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

Just received my Indianapolis this past week. 3 row curved, power recline, Led cup and bottom lighting, storage compartments, and accessory trays, in leather 2000 series wheat. Excellent build quality, and the seating is just right for posture and comfort. In fact, the Indianapolis is the only chair which I believe has marketing pertaining to posture versus comfort for the other series. The other chairs, which may offer more plush seating cause you to sink back into the seat, which is also great, but I prefer a little more solid feel and with the right touch of leather. The plush feeling is all about your own personal tastes. I have caught myself falling asleep listening to music in this chair already. Room in 19x20, basically a square box, haha. The wife also bought into it as well, as it is somewhat sleek with amenities, while offering the benefits of a home theater chair.

As far as a low back headrests, that (41") is what I wanted (5' 9") for my own personal use. As I use my room as a music room first, and movie theater second, I did not want a chair to cover my ears due to the stereo and multichannel music I listen to. Other chairs with higher seatbacks blocked the natural rear diffusion that occurs with stereo listening and it affects my listening experience to a certain degree. Otherwise, if you are not hell bent on two channel as I am, but still like a firm chair with great sleek looks, the Indianapolis is a great seating chair for viewing movies. The neck back alignment is perfect for my wife and I and feels very comfortable. I feel that the more firm Indianapolis is a better chair for all around duty, stereo and movie, plus casual chatting, while the other series may be more exclusive to just theater. That is at least my .02 cents worth.

Enjoy.
PalliserIndianapolis.jpg 35k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PalliserIndianapolis.jpg (34.9 KB, 2 views)
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page