Cheap Poster Frames at Michaels (Buy One Get One Plus 25% off coupon) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Decent quality for the price. Picked up 4 of these today. Regular price is $29.99 per. Got 4 for $44.97 + tax. About $12 per frame out the door. biggrin.gif
Have to travel to the store though.

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.michaels.com/24x36-trendsetter-poster-frame/fr1795,default,pd.html?cgid=products-framing&start=1

My HT Build 1.0 - [In progress]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrown View Post

Decent quality for the price. Picked up 4 of these today. Regular price is $29.99 per. Got 4 for $44.97 + tax. About $12 per frame out the door. biggrin.gif
Have to travel to the store though.

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.michaels.com/24x36-trendsetter-poster-frame/fr1795,default,pd.html?cgid=products-framing&start=1

Michael's has nice frames for the price with the coupon.. I have a couple of those. The only problem with these in particular is that a standard movie poster is 27 X 40. They do have some 27 X 40s too but not at these prices.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

Michael's has nice frames for the price with the coupon.. I have a couple of those. The only problem with these in particular is that a standard movie poster is 27 X 40. They do have some 27 X 40s too but not at these prices.

There are several sizes of posters out there, and Michaels only has frames that fit a few.

Post 1992 1 sheet posters are 27x40 (earlier were 27x41). Michaels sells 2 poster frames that fit these. One is a cheap clip on over polycarbonate, and the other is a plastic frame that you can generally get for $25-30 on sale.

Half sheets are 22x28 and this is a common size. Unfortunately, the industry stopped making half sheet posters in the mid-80s, so this only works for classic titles.

Lobby cards are 11x14. Very common size with a lot of frames available. US stopped producing lobbies in the '90s, but they are still produced in smaller quantities for the european markets.

Michaels always has some sort of a sale, and I have never paid retail for a frame there.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Works for me. I was on a budget but wanted to spice up the wall. Got four 24x36 posters + 4 frames for less than $100 bucks (other poster is on the opposite wall). I'm happy!

My HT Build 1.0 - [In progress]
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page