Distance needed behind LCD TV for LED strip lights. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 42" LCD. The distance from the TV to the back wall is 2 feet and 3 inches about. As you can see in the pictures, yes that's a closet. Anyway, would it be possible to add an LED behind the TV nd still looks good? Inside the closet, about two feet deep on the right and 2.5 feet on the left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
over 2 feet? From that distance it might look a little odd. I would imagine it would look like a large light cloud in the back and not get that clean light look around the tv i think you're after.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkseo View Post

over 2 feet? From that distance it might look a little odd. I would imagine it would look like a large light cloud in the back and not get that clean light look around the tv i think you're after.

That's what I'm thinking too. That's why I am asking here.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Not sure why the tv is in the closet to begin with but hey, im not one to judge. With that said, can you mount the tv to the closets back wall? this way you should be able to use the LED's and it would look good.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Not sure why the tv is in the closet to begin with but hey, im not one to judge. With that said, can you mount the tv to the closets back wall? this way you should be able to use the LED's and it would look good.

Long story short why TV is in the closet. Previous owner. This room was the kids room in the basement. Just purchased this house two months ago. All the coaxial output already inside closet, Didn't have money to do the room again. As far as mounting on wall. Not gonna happen. Plus the TV would feel like its I the hole or something. Lol. I'm trying to add some ambient light. Been seeing people talking about led lights behind TV. Just wondering it it can work for me,
post #6 of 8 Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlo View Post

Long story short why TV is in the closet. Previous owner. This room was the kids room in the basement. Just purchased this house two months ago. All the coaxial output already inside closet, Didn't have money to do the room again. As far as mounting on wall. Not gonna happen. Plus the TV would feel like its I the hole or something. Lol. I'm trying to add some ambient light. Been seeing people talking about led lights behind TV. Just wondering it it can work for me,

How about pulling the TV out a couple of inches and hanging an inexpensive white curtain (that you could easily make) across closet opening? I'd think that would look good with LEDs behind TV (and you wouldn't be looking into a closet)..
post #7 of 8 Old 08-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlo View Post

As far as mounting on wall. Not gonna happen. Plus the TV would feel like its I the hole or something. Lol.

Sorry dont mean to laugh but it ALREADY looks like its in a hole in that closet. might as well make it look clean. smile.gif
post #8 of 8 Old 08-07-2013, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Sorry dont mean to laugh but it ALREADY looks like its in a hole in that closet. might as well make it look clean. smile.gif

Hahaha. I laughed too. Lol. tongue.gif
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page