Outlet store furniture. Lane. Good deal or should I cancel? Given bankruptcy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went to an online retailers physical outlet store today. Saw a bunch of HT furniture.

Ended up liking a set of Lane 222 End Zone pieces in an unusual color leather match. Kind of shade of tan. Power recline
It was 2 individual recliners and 2 ht seats together. I was really looking for 4 together, but I liked the color and pricing seemed good.

It was around $2200. Not an amazing deal for black, after I looked it up, but this color would be special order for most brands I think. I'm thinking I would have been around $3000-$3500.

When I was in the store, I talked to the salesman about Lane going bankrupt. He said they were purchased by an investment firm. After I got home, I did some reading and Lane is not part of this sale. In fact, the parent company I saying that Lane is underperforming and it looks likes they may just sell the name.

So now my deal isn't seeming so good. If they go out of business, how would I get support?

Any suggestions? Would you keep it, or get a refund? I haven't gotten it delivered yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok decided to keep it. Paid a little extra for the 5 year warranty though.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page