HDTV mounts and panel size - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see things on wall mounts and furniture with attached mounts saying things like "maximum TV size 55 inches and 135 pounds". The panel is rarely within 50 pounds of the weight limit. So what exactly does the inches measurement mean? It seems to me what matters is the horizontal and vertical distance between the mounting holes on the back of the panel, not the diagonal size of the panel. Neither the TV nor the furniture manufacturer give those numbers. If I were to get, for example a 60" Panasonic ST60, would it not fit these items?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
if the mount is on a stand the center of the TV must be in the center of the mounting hardware, so the distance from the center of the mounting hardware to the table top below is a limiting factor which could be why they provide TV size.. On wall mounts, I think they just published what was the max size at the time of print and don't updated it.. mounts have been around longer than 70" TVs. If the VESA pattern matches and the weight is under max it would not matter for a wall mount.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the mount is on a stand. Really hard to tell from the picture how much room there really is because I don't know the size of the sample panel.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

If the stand/mount is rated for 56", could it typically handle a 60" panel?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Why don't you just call the manufacture?

Did a quick google and a 50" display is about 26" high so the stand would need 14" from the table top to the center of the mount leaving an 1" between the top of the table and the bottom of the display.

A 60" display is 33" high requiring 17.5" from the table top to the center with 1 inch of clearance ..

If they do not provide the measurement of the mount from the top of the table to center of mount you need to call them and ask. Then check the display you want and see if it will work.. also find out if the mounting pattern on the 60 will work with the mount.. Just about every manufacture of just about anything will answer questions about their product..
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page