Recliners vs Home Theater Seats - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-13-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me the difference between recliners and home theater seats in terms of comfort? I know home theater seats have more features such as cup holder. I'm most interested in comfort, particularly back support and durability as I'm somewhat of a couch potato and will be in the seats at least a few hours a day.

I myself am looking at Fusion Escapes, but I'm also thinking of buying a recliner for my mom. Not quite sure if home theater seats are more suitable as opposed to a recliner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-13-2013, 04:36 PM

From my experience, size, softness and cupholders. A recliner will be bigger, and you usually sink more into it, but this varies.

I think the biggest difference is they can be configured in rows. Much like a sectional,individual pieces are connected together to form a row. You can have 2, 3, 4 or more seats.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would also like to hear about this from theater seat owners. Recliners can be purchased for much less, but obviously there is a cool factor with the Fusion seats.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm not too worried about the costs since I don't think a good comfortable recliner with good back support will be all that much cheaper than home theater seats. Maybe save a hundred or two but this seat will be used regularly for years. Like I said, I'm leaning towards the fusion seats for myself but for my mom who is an older, small lady, I'm wondering if a sofa recliner would be a better choice. I don't know if a chair that she can sink into would be a good idea if she is going to sit there for hours a day and take naps (back support?), but I'm also worried about home theater seats being "too deep" as far as the seats go compared to sofa recliners. I can't imagine it would be comfortable if she has to push herself deeper into the chair or having to get out of the chair. Any ideas?
post #5 of 5 Old 10-14-2013, 12:35 PM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
A few things that will be different on "true" home theater recliner vs. regular recliner:

1. back height needs to be appropriate for a proper surround sound and head support.
2. seating cushion and back should be designed to support seating in the chair for a long period of time (2-3 hours)while watching a movie.
3. proper head support that will keep your head in the position where you are still looking at the screen and not the ceiling after reclining your chair and resting your heed on the back.
4. slightly elevated seat that allows for longer footrest and greater leg support in the reclined position.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page