popcorn machine issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a popcorn machine for my branch at a local bank. Funtime 8oz machine. We are having an issue of when you put the popcorn and the oil kit in, it starts popping. But once it cooks the popcorn doesnt really leave the kettle it stays in the kettle and the bottom popcorn burns. And most of the kernals do not pop. Any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Have you tried pre-heating your oil with only 2-3 kernels in it? Wait for the test kernels to pop, then add the rest of your corn. Turn the heating element off as soon as the popping subsides to more than 5-8 seconds between "pops". If you are already doing that, then the questions become: what kind of oil are you using, how is your corn stored and what is your corn to oil ratio?

underachiever extraordinaire
Old 10-17-2013, 05:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The better question is whether the stirring rod is working or not? I find it nearly impossible to burn popcorn in my popper's kettle. That rod is going round and round and tumbling/moving the popped kernels all the time.

I'd check for proper operation of the stirring rod!

Mark
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Based on your description only, I'll ask a stupid question... Are you dumping the kettle at the end (after that 5-second lack of popping)? You have to empty that last 10% manually, it won't eject all the popped corn.
TheCrow1994 likes this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Old 11-03-2013, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nknipp08 View Post

I recently purchased a popcorn machine for my branch at a local bank. Funtime 8oz machine. We are having an issue of when you put the popcorn and the oil kit in, it starts popping. But once it cooks the popcorn doesnt really leave the kettle it stays in the kettle and the bottom popcorn burns. And most of the kernals do not pop. Any suggestions

Do you mean a FunPop 8? Not sure what the Funtime 8 oz. machine is.

Check to make sure the shaft coming from the kettle is lined up correctly with the gear at the top of the machine. If the gear is touching correctly, you won't get rotation of the agitator and that can cause that problem.