Looking for feedback on window treatments for home theater room - motorized? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
To better control some ambient light in my home theater / game room I'm trying to get feedback on what blinds, curtains, etc you all recommend.

I have 2 small egress windows as my HT is in my basement along with a french door for our walkout basement. For the french door - I may need to use vertical blinds because a curtain may not fit right due to the configuration of the room. I know these may not be the most desirable but I'm hoping I can find some contemporary looking ones that perhaps match the blinds on the boxed egress windows.

I may look into getting some that are motorized for some home automation and extra "wow" factor. Are there any that can synced with a Logitech Harmony remote and/or Apple IOS devices? What do these typically run and is it worth it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi ! I would recommend roman blinds because they don't let the sunlight come in the room and they hang quite neatly. I have some installed in the room where my family and I usually watch movies and they're really effective. This description I found online summarises very well the qualities of a roman: Within our range there is a colour or fabric texture to suit any dècor; a beautiful choice for any window making a definite impact. Made fully lined using the highest quality sateen and black out linings roman blind from our next day range is delivered to you mounted on an aluminium track with an automatic cord lock or choose the optional bead chain cassette operation. The blackout lining assures a great blocking of the light if you want. We are pleased with this type of blind. I hope you make the right decision for your home theater room. Oh, and you can also find roman shades that are motorized, you can do some research online.