Lane 103 Matinee or Lane 176 Matrix (Differences?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I've narrowed my choice to these two. Unfortunately, I can't find many reviews on the Lane 176. Is anyone able to compare the two such as which is more plush, firm, etc...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
In my opinion they 176 is more comfortable. It hugs your body more and has better head support. There is one (major) flaw with this chair, however. The tray table does not sit high enough from the seat itself and may scrape or hit your legs when you swing it over your legs. It's very close to your legs and if you have bigger legs than me (I'm 6'0" and 205 lbs), it may hit into your legs. Look at the photo and you can see how low the armrest is where the table attaches. This may be why you don't see a lot of them out there, I'm not sure. I remember sitting in it at High Point Furniture Market and noticing this. If you are OK with this then it is more comfortable than the 103. If you plan on using a laptop on the trays, then think about another model. Hope this info helps.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #3 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post

In my opinion they 176 is more comfortable. It hugs your body more and has better head support. There is one (major) flaw with this chair, however. The tray table does not sit high enough from the seat itself and may scrape or hit your legs when you swing it over your legs. It's very close to your legs and if you have bigger legs than me (I'm 6'0" and 205 lbs), it may hit into your legs. Look at the photo and you can see how low the armrest is where the table attaches. This may be why you don't see a lot of them out there, I'm not sure. I remember sitting in it at High Point Furniture Market and noticing this. If you are OK with this then it is more comfortable than the 103. If you plan on using a laptop on the trays, then think about another model. Hope this info helps.
Would the 176 be okay in a couch formation? It looks like the sides of the seats come up slightly. I can't find many pictures to see if that's the case or not. But if it is I might be stuck with the 103's.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
You are better off with the 103's in a couch setup. The 176 is contoured.

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page