Jody.jpg 115k .jpg file
First off, happy holidays.
As many of you know, I am finishing my basement which includes my very first home theater system. Since I have a blank slate to work with (no construction), I want to take every step necessary acoustically and from a soundproofing perspective. Below is my list. Please feel free to add to it or question certain items.
1. Green glue between 2 5/8" drywall sheets. This treatment will be used in the entire lower level on all walls and ceilings.
2. Back boxes for all speakers (system is all in-wall, in-ceiling)
3. Soundproof insulation in all walls mentioned in point 1 (Roxul Safe n Sound)
4. Sound panels - trial and error as the home theater is playing
5. Green Glue sealant on all mentioned walls and ceiling gaps
6. All doors will be solid core throughout the lower level
7. Bass traps in the screen left and right corners
8. Added a solid core door at the bottom of the stairs
9. Staggered wall construction
10. The thickest pad a plushest carpet I can find!