Anyone try Seatcraft Madera seats? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By HTmarket
  • 2 Post By vitalo22

post #1 of 10 Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Has anyone sat in the Seatcraft Madera seats? Can anyone give their opinion on them compared to the Lane Matinee 103?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 194
I'm also interested in these. The wood accents look great, but they are definitely pricey if you get powered. No buttkicker option available. Concerned that the LEDs would be distracting and can't be turned off.

http://4seating.com/seatcraft-theater-seating/seatcraft-madera-home-theater-seating.html

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #3 of 10 Old 10-21-2015, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Bump, any recent buyers?

Sam Posten
post #4 of 10 Old 02-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cool Seatcraft Madera

I am very interested in these seats as well. If anyone has any experience with them I would love to hear it. I live in SoCal about 45 minutes away from 4seating. I Will probably go take a look. not sure if they have any on the floor. I feel compelled to try the seat before I buy. Purchasing blind with big restock fees just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe less of a shipping risk being that I'm local (Not sure where they ship from) Lots of nightmare shipping stories with vendors VERY reluctant to take a return.

Thanks!!!!
post #5 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalo22 View Post
I am very interested in these seats as well. If anyone has any experience with them I would love to hear it
I wound up going with the HT Design Devonshire's instead, very similar design and features, a LOT better pricing:
HT Design Theater Seating

Sam Posten
post #6 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
I wound up going with the HT Design Devonshire's instead, very similar design and features, a LOT better pricing:
HT Design Theater Seating
Really? 3 seats powered comes up @ $200 more with HT Market on the website. Plus you get 10% off with 4seating and on HT Market $100 so now @ $300 difference. Am I missing something?
post #7 of 10 Old 02-09-2016, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe the prices have changed since I first looked at em, dunno. Price was a consideration but not my chief one, I wanted style and comfort and once I settled on this design I wanted to make sure I could sit in em before ordering, which AVS members helped me do, and nobody seemed to have even sat in a Madera before, which was a big turn off. I got what I consider a pretty good package deal for 6 from Alan, give him an email for a quote.

Sam Posten
post #8 of 10 Old 02-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalo22 View Post
Really? 3 seats powered comes up @ $200 more with HT Market on the website. Plus you get 10% off with 4seating and on HT Market $100 so now @ $300 difference. Am I missing something?
It's a similar style but it's not really the same chair they offer, we make in totally different factory to our specifications.

I can tell you some key differences for the HT Design Devonshire. The HT design line has lots of upgrade features. It's worth more but email me for quote.

Number 1: we use pocketed seat coils in the seat which over time will hold up better they don't use that in there seat
Number 2: we use top grain leather that I hand picked to make sure it is the best, we can send samples
Number 3: we use raffel branded cupholders which are top of the line and they come with washable and cleanable inserts
all controls are on the cupholder for convenience, they use a knock off cupholder with no insert or controls
Number 4: we have a dual usb port in storage compartment
Number 5: we use upgraded steel tray tables with 2 different pin heights, whereas they use a plastic tray table
Number 6: our storage compartments are finished inside
Number 7: if in Cali we don't charge sales tax, as they will charge tax as they located in CA
Number 8: our packaging is upgraded with corner supports etc, check out video

I hope that helps.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Kadath likes this.

Last edited by HTmarket; 02-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-10-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

One thing Alan doesn't mention above: Their incredible support. Two ways this has impacted me personally: Their shipper found what they considered damage in transit. HTD sent the replacement part that got to me before the long haul ground shipment of the chairs got to my home. Also their presence on AVS answering questions in public. You'll almost never see vendors with that level of open participation, he and Roman at RTheaters really set a high mark for that as far as I'm concerned.

Sam Posten
post #10 of 10 Old 02-13-2016, 09:17 AM

Cool Sat in the very sexy Madera

To Answer the Original Poster's Question. I did sit in the Madera a few days ago at the 4Seating facility here in Calif. I did not try the Lane so I can only speak to the Madera. These seats are beautiful to look at, the wood accent gives it that "Luxury Car" high -end trim option appearance. The pillow-top was very comfortable on the Butt and the top grain leather was very soft and had a nice "matte" non-sheen appearance.

For me, my priorities are lumbar, neck and shoulder support which is why I insist on sitting in the chair first, because 9 times out of ten it will change my opinion from what I see. This was certainly the case here. I am about 6 feet tall and unfortunately the upper cushion hit me just below the shoulder and my lower back did not fully rest on the lumbar support. So basically I could not take advantage of the support the chair had to offer. Also when the seat reclines because of the pillow top my legs do not lie flat I can feel the edge of it under my thigh and this would bother me over time.

4Seating was sold-out of this chair. This tells me that most people probably buy what they see and don't give support the priority I do. I am not saying the seat is uncomfortable, just that I will notice lack of support for long movies or marathon viewing.

I don't think I have a weird proportion torso to neck/waist to knee ratio because when I sat in the Sonoma, Bingo! Hit me in all the right spots and was extra wide (don't need it I am about 185lbs, but nice to have). I also liked that as I reclined I stayed at basically at a 45degree angle (Powered headrest) looking straight ahead instead of beginning to look at the ceiling. This is also important to me.

So initially , I was drawn to the prettiest girl at the dance (The Madera) but I went home with the gal I can hang out with for hours and hours (The Sonoma).

Hope that helps!
Kadath and ch1sox like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories