AVS Forum banner

Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...

339K views 3K replies 244 participants last post by  Cevolution 
#1 ·
Ok....I picked the HD Programming forum for this due to those of us who consume alcohol are more than likely watch HD programming while drinking. I actually try to both at the same time (only on occasion in moderation). KenH, Alan and David, please do not delete this thread as AVS has been such a great outlet for being in touch with its members. Yes, I am PWI (posting while intoxicated). I am enjoying a 1999 merlot cab blend right now.

Between cruising the AVS and watching HD, I feel the HD experience with a nice wine can go hand in hand. The two are to be savored in a multi-sensory experience. How many of us do this???? Please share your experiences....

#1,634 ·
The wife was out shopping and brought this home from the store. Interesting, I thought. 28 proof Egg Nog from Holland. Not one to pass up a drink, I indulged. Bottoms up, baby! I was thinking it was along the lines of Bailey's. Lets just say a little of this stuff goes a long way. I'll be going back to my old friend, Senor Bacardi for the remainder of night.

#1,636 ·
The milagro. Means miracle. Because tequila itself is a miracle. A wonderful concoction that only the miracle Agave plant can give us. A miracle that all should enjoy. Not just the good boys & girls on Santa's list. But even the naughty ones too. I say salud to all, and to all a good night.

#1,637 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/19667878

The milagro. Means miracle. Because tequila itself is a miracle. A wonderful concoction that only the miracle Agave plant can give us. A miracle that all should enjoy. Not just the good boys & girls on Santa's list. But even the naughty ones too. I say salud to all, and to all a good night.

Haha! Agreed.

#1,638 ·
Hi Guys. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Too much work or too drunk to log in. Sending some warmth your way in the form of the best rum in the Island. The one the locals drink. Hope you guys are safe and warm. Happy Holidays.

Attachment 194608

#1,639 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmartinez1111 /forum/post/19673689

Hi Guys. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Too much work or too drunk to log in. Sending some warmth your way in the form of the best rum in the Island. The one the locals drink. Hope you guys are safe and warm. Happy Holidays.

Attachment 194608

What is all that stuff coming in your windows? Is that (gasp) sunlight?
It's been so long since I've seen any I forgot how nice it looks.
I say we blow this popsicle stand, load up the sleigh with all our booze and have the party at gmartinez's estate.

P.S. How is the Don Q rum?

#1,640 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/19677078

What is all that stuff coming in your windows? Is that (gasp) sunlight?
It's been so long since I've seen any I forgot how nice it looks.
I say we blow this popsicle stand, load up the sleigh with all our booze and have the party at gmartinez's estate.

P.S. How is the Don Q rum?

You guys are all welcome to Paradise!!! Although the swimming pool and gazebo are under repairs right now, we could all do a Cruising while Intoxicated party every winter.... But I though that that was the time you were supposed to see all those movies you have been storing for winter time in your nice Home Theater. LOL....

P.S. Don Q is the best. A 100% better than Bacardi. That one we export. The only problem is that Don Q is harder to get in the states. But it can be found if you look hard enough. Specially in the South. Make sure is Don Q Cristal and not 151 Proof....
Bad headacke afterwards....

#1,641 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmartinez1111 /forum/post/19679653

You guys are all welcome to Paradise!!! Although the swimming pool and gazebo are under repairs right now, we could all do a Cruising while Intoxicated party every winter.... But I though that that was the time you were supposed to see all those movies you have been storing for winter time in your nice Home Theater. LOL....

P.S. Don Q is the best. A 100% better than Bacardi. That one we export. The only problem is that Don Q is harder to get in the states. But it can be found if you look hard enough. Specially in the South. Make sure is Don Q Cristal and not 151 Proof....
Bad headacke afterwards....

I think a new tradition of cruisin' & boozin' at gmartinez's villa all winter long is what the doctor ordered. Though you'll have to make sure the pool and gazebo are working.

I'm a fan of the Bacardi. If Don Q is that much better I must try and search it out. May prove difficult this far removed from the Caribbean.
But try I will. No 151 for me. That stuff is bad juju.

#1,642 ·
I happen to be a Makers Mark ambassador.
Every Christmas they send out a pretty cool gift. This year they sent out an ice ball mold. Very cool. Let the fun begin...

P.S. I need to buy a jug of distilled water for the perty ice balls.

#1,645 ·
Waboman, If you cannot find Don Q Cristal,this one is the one to get. It is made a couple miles from where I was raised as a kid at a small family owned distillery located in a big Hacienda. It's stored a few years in wooden barrels that why is called Barrilito (it means small barrel). It's been called the best rum in the world. And it is excellent. All that said, I still prefer the Cristal because Barrilito have a stronger aroma and flavor.

Attachment 195163 Attachment 195164

#1,646 ·
Thanks, gmartinez. I'm hoping some store here stocks the Don Q. I prefer the silver rum over the darker rums. Don't get me wrong, I love me a dark rum cocktail too. Just can't drink as many.

#1,647 ·
The kids are in bed, with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads... enough of that stuff, lets break out the real goodies.

There's cookies everywhere here. I swear I must have gained 20 pounds. I can't help it. The cookies taunt me, they want me to eat them. I dunno.

Merry Christmas, everyone!