Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated... - Page 87 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #2581 of 2592 Old 06-12-2015, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: The Outer Limits....Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I picked up the same BenRiach 2000 Single Cask 12 y/o (#4236) for $55 today
I'm sampling it as I type ....it's Very Good and I will go back for more on payday!

its almost identical to my GD 10 y/o single cask, and a couple bucks less.

You're going to LOVE that one if you love PX GlenDronach's
Like the 15 y/o Revival on Steroids with more flavor/complexity and 53.8% abv.
(for almost half the price!)

There is just no better bang for the buck for any spirit IMHO

I also grabbed another Laphroiag Quarter Cask for $43 , cheap for a peat monster at 48% abv.

I would love to buy more Tequila, but up here its pricing is even more ridiculous than Single Malt Scotch,
Most of the good stuff (100% Agave) like Cabo Wabo (Reposado) is $80+ .

Selection sucks too, you can't even find a true Mezcal anymore (the one only one with the worm)

P.S. My favorite store, the one and only local Co-op in Edmonton just blocks from home, was bought out by Liquor Depot (the Walmart of Liquor in Edmonton with dozens of stores)

Apparently Co-op was looking to expand operations like they have in Calgary (15+ locations)
But several real estate deals fell through and they threw in the towel completely and pulled the plug on Edmonton altogether

I will wait until the fiscal year end to close my membership/account and cash in my membership dividends
...likely only worth a couple hundred $$$ (membership originally cost me $1 in 2012)
Never tried BenRiach 2000 single malt interesting ...........Some Petrossian Imperial Reserv Perscicus caviar followed by some pan-seared branzino in organic whale blubber and Mangalitsa Pork Bacon wrappped sea scallops with lobster and some '98 Dom Ruinart Brut for dinner and Godiva Signature truffles after dinner with Cohiba Cognac Martell and a phat Cuban .................. yea that would be good ..

On a more serious note your Laphroiag Quarter Cask and BenRiach 2000 Single Cask 12 y/o single malts sound like they might be good the last scotch I had was an ordinary Johnnie Walker Red can you can find anywhere !

Had one of these I got from a friend at an Anheuser-Busch Wholesaler until it caught an errant tennis ball

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-13-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4902 Post(s)
Liked: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
No just found it on the web somewhere an image not attached to anything when I saw it .

Ur avatar .......Ex Machina yea way cool never saw the movie it got a 7.8 at IMDb thorough . PBJ and Coke is good Nutty peanut butter or the smooth stuff ?
The smooth (creamy) stuff...Adams. ...100% natural.

* Me neither...I did not see X_Machina, yet (on Blu-ray next month), but I'm going to see Mad Max: Fury Road next week, in 3D - IMAX.

*** I have never posted on the Internet, ever, while intoxicated. ...I don't drink, ...extremely rarely. ...So my expertise in that domain is extremely limited.
But I used to like Bacardi white and Remy Martin Courvoisier XO. ...With tubes. ...And playing chess.
post #2583 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
The smooth (creamy) stuff...Adams. ...100% natural.

* Me neither...I did not see X_Machina, yet (on Blu-ray next month), but I'm going to see Mad Max: Fury Road next week, in 3D - IMAX.

*** I have never posted on the Internet, ever, while intoxicated. ...I don't drink, ...extremely rarely. ...So my expertise in that domain is extremely limited.
But I used to like Bacardi white and Remy Martin Courvoisier XO. ...With tubes. ...And playing chess.
Back in the early to mid 2K's I used to have some cold ones (Bud or Bud light) and chat up the cute babes on the dating sites. I had a lot of fun (mutually ) and weekend getaways ,got lucky almost always (lot's ) and met some nice gals even had nice relationships with 3 of them and usually friends with benifits otherwise it was like shooting fish in a barrel best thing that ever happpened to dating (* if u ain't stupid enough to get used ) IMO .

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-13-2015 at 03:30 PM.
post #2584 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Do we have a trading thread here? ...Trading dates.
post #2585 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Do we have a trading thread here? ...Trading dates.
U mean like bragging or writing on bathroom stalls no can do on that one ......my primo #'s are held in the sricktest of confidene ofc

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-13-2015 at 04:01 PM.
post #2586 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 04:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Graffiti on bathroom walls, that's a creative suggestion. //// Drink Perrier mineral water, and water your lawn with it too. ...Hollywood elite. ...Whiskey?

And Walmart (California), where do you get your bottled water from?

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-13-2015 at 04:28 PM.
post #2587 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Graffiti on bathroom walls, that's a creative suggestion. //// Drink Perrier mineral water, and water your lawn with it too. ...Hollywood elite. ...Whiskey?

And Walmart (California), where do you get your bottled water from?
Costco or Grocery superemarket mountain spring or other bottled water here , lawns are for letting die and replacing with drought resistant landscaping in CA these days unless U are Hollywood 1% or othewise want to pay the prohibitive costs to keep it green .

Cuban cigars obviously come from same in a pinch Dominicans are fine othewise .

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-13-2015 at 05:07 PM.
post #2588 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Now that goes well together; rum and Cuban cigars. ...While looking @ the color of your lawn.
post #2589 of 2592 Old 06-13-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Now that goes well together; rum and Cuban cigars. ...While looking @ the color of your lawn.
no rum Cohiba Cognac Martell and a phat Cuban

post #2590 of 2592 Old 06-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Well I gave in and ordered a two tap keg fridge conversion yesterday. Got a fridge from buddy at work for free so all in all I will be in for well under 400 for everything including filling my CO2 up. Actually under 300 if I would stop buying faucet handles and other crap lol.
post #2591 of 2592 Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomassiv View Post
Well I gave in and ordered a two tap keg fridge conversion yesterday. Got a fridge from buddy at work for free so all in all I will be in for well under 400 for everything including filling my CO2 up. Actually under 300 if I would stop buying faucet handles and other crap lol.
May I ask where you ordered from? I'm looking at putting one in the basement. Assuming I ever actually do any more work down there.
post #2592 of 2592 Old 06-25-2015, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I ordered a Kegco two tap system off Amazon since I needed some other items also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories