posters in HT room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-05-2014, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
posters in HT room

Been trying to read several posts without having to ask this but here it goes. I have seen 2 favorable poster frames on this forum. a snap front and Hollywood poster frames. My question is related to the non glare plexi glass. How well does it work. these will be in my movie room and I really don't want a glare from the projector. they will hang on the adjacent walls. Thanks . anyone have any pics of theirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgapt View Post
Been trying to read several posts without having to ask this but here it goes. I have seen 2 favorable poster frames on this forum. a snap front and Hollywood poster frames. My question is related to the non glare plexi glass. How well does it work. these will be in my movie room and I really don't want a glare from the projector. they will hang on the adjacent walls. Thanks . anyone have any pics of theirs.
I have both regular and non-glare in my theater area, in several sizes.
The non-glare varies depending on source. The Hollywood Poster Frame ones are quire effective. The Spotlight display snap frames somewhat less so.
The best for non-glare is glass, but glass is heavy, holds heat and if it breaks it can damage the poster. Second is non-glare plexi which is what Hollywood Poster uses. The non-glare PETG that is used in the snap frames appears to be molded in to the plastic, instead of applied or etched afterward, and it provides a softer reflection, but it is still there.
Here is an insert in the theater that uses a Spotlight snap frame:

And here are some Hollywood frames in the main theater. The front poster is in normal glass, while the rear one is non-glare plexi:
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thx for the reply.
Is there much glare when lights are off and projector on? Is one better than the other with this?
On a side note. do you have much vibration from your frames during heavy bass scenes?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgapt View Post
thx for the reply.
Is there much glare when lights are off and projector on? Is one better than the other with this?
On a side note. do you have much vibration from your frames during heavy bass scenes?
Frankly, I don't look at the posters when the lights are off. Even non glare glass is going to reflect light. It just will be diffuse and unfocused. With regular glass you will see a shadow image of what is on the screen.

Note that my posters are not placed close to the screen. Since this picture was taken I have added absorbent panels for some sound control. Placing the posters further back means that reflections would be seen further back and not in the seating position.

I need to note there is some foreshortening in theat picture. The seats are 12' back from a 120" screen. The main speakers are Klipsch KG-4s. The sub is a 12" Velodyne.

I have never had any issues with the frames rattling with the sub. The frames are suspended with picture wire and two heavy duty hanger hooks. I have added 4 small rubber bumpers to the back of each Hollywood Poster frame to prevent any rattling. It is not an issue with the spotlight snal frames because they screw directly to the wall. I use heavy duty wall anchors which allow me to draw them in tight.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page