Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-19-2014, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Equipment rack for under fixed screen

Hey guys!

I'm currently in the process of starting my build, and I am just about to start moving equipment into the room. Right now I am planning on having everything up front and under the screen. This is because my Xbox One's Kinect has to be up front and the cord isn't very long. So right now I am looking for a tv stand for under the screen.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up and what you used. I know generally people put their racks away from the screen but it doesn't really work with my set up. I just have the Xbox, the uverse stb, the receiver, and the center channel.

Other than that it just would be best in black and under 24" tall. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones13 View Post
Hey guys!

I'm currently in the process of starting my build, and I am just about to start moving equipment into the room. Right now I am planning on having everything up front and under the screen. This is because my Xbox One's Kinect has to be up front and the cord isn't very long. So right now I am looking for a tv stand for under the screen.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up and what you used. I know generally people put their racks away from the screen but it doesn't really work with my set up. I just have the Xbox, the uverse stb, the receiver, and the center channel.

Other than that it just would be best in black and under 24" tall. Thanks in advance.
We have been there. First, it is very difficult to get front projection to work with kinect. Your body standing in a position tends to block the light coming from the projector. This was the reason why we went to a 2 TV setup. A conventional one for kinect games and the projector for awesome traditional gaming. To be perfectly honest, we have found that kinect is still looking for the killer app and we seldom use it.

The reason why most of us shy away from placing the equipment under the screen is a matter of light control. All that equipment has various lights and displays. It tends to be distracting from the screen.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-21-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayn_j View Post
We have been there. First, it is very difficult to get front projection to work with kinect. Your body standing in a position tends to block the light coming from the projector. This was the reason why we went to a 2 TV setup. A conventional one for kinect games and the projector for awesome traditional gaming. To be perfectly honest, we have found that kinect is still looking for the killer app and we seldom use it.

The reason why most of us shy away from placing the equipment under the screen is a matter of light control. All that equipment has various lights and displays. It tends to be distracting from the screen.
Yeah it's actually less about kinect games, more for facial log in, voice commands, and stuff like that. It's pretty important to me so i'll have to come up with some kind of compromise
post #4 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Bump. I'm interested in something similar...anyone have anything they have used?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Just got mine done, feel free to take a look of how it turned out. Ended up finding a short and wide tv stand online that looks great
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page