Looking for good adhesive cable routing clips - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2014, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Looking for good adhesive cable routing clips

I have the television for my HT on a stand, not wall mounted. I have purchased a few different self adhesive plastic cable clips so as to route the cables on the backside of the TV and down behind the stand so as not to be visible from in front of the TV. But so far all of the clips I have purchased have failed in that the plastic clips lose their adhesion to the double sided tape. I even purchased a roll of 3M ultra-high-bond double sided tape which is used to adhere badging and bump strips to automobiles, but even that did not hold the clips to the backside of the TV. The tape sticks very well to the TV, but none of the clips I have purchased will stay stuck to any tape.

So I come here to ask the advice of this forum if anyone has found a product that can be used to clip cables to the back of a TV to route the cables that will stay where it is placed on the back of the set?

Thank you!

JR

Packing a lot of sound into a small room.
266 square feet/2128 cubic feet
7.2, 9 speakers + 2 subwoofers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
forget adhesive tab wire management. A couple of strips of double sided velcro (hooks on one side, loops on the other, sold by the foot in many hardware stores, or as prepackaged "cable minders") mounted to the back of the TV using the VESA mounting holes intended for wall mounting the display will end your frustration. You just need to figure out the screw size for your TV. Probably listed in the owners manual. Most likely a metric size. Cut a small "X" in the velcro to thread the screw through, then screw the whole works to the back of you TV. Bundle and route your cables then secure the velcro around the snake. Couple of extra loops to hold things together until everything can be hidden behind your cabinet. No tools needed to open up and add or remove cables.

underachiever extraordinaire