TV Stand ID - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2014, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV Stand ID

First and foremost, I'm new to the forum. I've had great experiences with forums in my other hobbies (boating, outdoors activities, music, etc.) and thought this would be a great place to come for help.

I recently bought a TV stand on Craigslist for my LG 55LB6100. Unfortunately, I didn't know the bracket was missing from the package until it was too late. The buyer insists he never knew a bracket was included when he bought the stand new because he was able to mount his TV directly to the bracket frame (you may be able to see what I mean in the pictures).

Once I got it home, I immediately realized I had screwed up as there is no way the bolt pattern on the bracket frame matches the bolt pattern to mount my TV. The seller told me he bought the stand from Target, but manufacturer they directed me to is not the manufacturer of this stand.

I've attached a few pictures with the hopes that someone could identify the manufacturer so that I can contact them to buy brackets. Any and all help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	209289   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	209297   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	209305   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	209313  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 963
you probably don't 'need' the same brand.

assuming you have what you need to install that rectangular piece to the post on the back. the only thing you're missing is the two little hangers that attach to the back of the tv.

I'm sure you've already figured out what you're missing, but you could probably just measure that rectangular piece, and then we could tell you whether ours would fit as well. for example, the one in my bedroom is 24cm and this is the model: http://www.rona.ca/en/tv-stand

the one I have upstairs is only 21cm: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/produ...ee7ff463efen02

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the normal wall mount kits had something that would work for you as well.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Old 08-12-2014, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

What concerns me is that this mounting bracket has round edges whereas most have 90* angles on thing sheets of metal. I suppose I could rig something if necessary, but I also don't want to make a trip to the machine shop if unnecessary.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

hmm, I see what you're saying.

the two I have 'clamp' into place anyway, so I think it would still work, if they fit. but I definitely understand your concern, I didn't notice that when I first looked at your pics.

not sure how desperate you might get, but I saw this while looking for an image

personally, I'd rather use like a u-bolt or something that would be more secure, but I think you could rig something up if forced to.

how about any stickers or UPC codes anywhere?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, the closest thing I have to a Manufacturer, Model Number, or UPC is a "Made in China" sticker and various stickers with letters on them (presumably identifying each piece for assembly instructions).

Is there any chance you could take a picture of the brackets you have? I also don't want to get stuck spending a bunch of money for an entire wall mount unit just to get the brackets as I can get a TV stand brand new from BJ's for $100 more than I paid for this stand used.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

kinda tough to get a clean shot with how mine are, but here's the best I could do.

IF it comes down to buying a wall mount, I would assume grabbing something cheap(10-20bux) off monoprice or amazon or something like as these 'hangers' aren't exactly where you're spending the money on nice mounts.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, fierce_gt. Looks like you have the style I was talking about with the 90* edges for the brackets to rest on - I don't think that style would work for my setup. Walker Edison, MBW Furniture, and Whalen have the closest looking stands to mine that I can find so far. I've emailed all three with pictures of mine, but so far, two out of the three say my stand isn't theirs. Hopefully I get lucky soon or I guess I'm going to be making my own brackets with your u-bolt idea.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah, both of mine basically 'rest' on the top rail, and then there's a bolt on the bottom that locks it into place so you can't lift off that rail.

I don't think it should matter that the rail is round or square or whatever, as long as it's angled a bit so you can lock hangers in place.

that image I found is from ikea hackers. I had a quick look at the whole thing, kind of interesting, but not sure I'd trust it the way they did it. I think I'd actually prefer the bottom hooks be flipped, so that the tv couldn't be lifted up off the top rail. I think that would make it much more secure