4 doubles or two rows of 4 with middle loveseat? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
4 doubles or two rows of 4 with middle loveseat?

Okay, I'm down to one last selection with my Palliser dealer. I wanted to get 8 chairs, two rows of four. He had an order of 8 seats (4 sets of two chairs- basically center aisle splitting each row) get returned for a different color and he's motivated to offload inventory on hand. Arm rests between all seats. It's not the exact configuration we went in thinking we wanted, but it's a great deal, and I get to deal with a local dealer in case any issues come up down the road vs the online guys, plus I've sat in these seats, I know what I'm getting. Online pricing is about the same anyways, although I will have to pay tax...

We had thought about getting the front row with a middle love seat and then a back row of 4 regular seats. It's about $300 cheaper to go with a middle loveseat since that piece is cheaper without an arm rest- but we would have to order it since he doesn't have one on hand. Considering the overall cost of the chairs it's basically the same. I can get the regular chairs now, If I go with the loveseat option it's a little cheaper but we'd have to wait the standard 8 weeks for those middle seats to be made and then put 2 of the chairs he has now on the ends, and use 4 chairs of his for a straight back row. Plus there's always the chance of lot changes between fabric (Pheonix Antracite, polyurethane leather look alike). We would be using 6 of his chairs plus the new loveseat.

The wife kinda wanted the middle loveseat but she's not demanding it. When it's me and her, great. When it's me and the guys watching football, not as great. I actually think the center aisle may be a better approach so people don't have to climb over each other in the back row as much.

Just curious what the audience thinks. Seems like most folks go for arm rests all the way across.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-21-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Center aisle means you've given up the "best" locations in each row and pushed the outer seats close(r) to the sides of the room.

I have the 4-seat config with center loveseat, and as each "half" is independently controlled, I haven't had any problems with the guys not wanting to use those seats. And in reverse - sitting close together isn't as comfortable as a "real" loveseat for the same reason - it's two chairs placed closer together.

I got that config for both space and the ability to lie down while watching - but I don't lie down across them - it's not comfortable...

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page