Anyone currently working with Stargate Cinema? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1 of 86 Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone currently working with Stargate Cinema?

Just wondering if anyone is currently waiting on an order from Stargate Cinema. Ordered four Palliser chairs from them a little over a month ago and was told they would receive them in about 3-4 weeks, then ship out from there. I've been trying to contact them to get an update, but they haven't been all that great about returning my calls or emails. Now for the past few days, whenever I try to call their main number, it says either their office is closed or all the representatives are busy. All the individual phone lines I've tried go straight to voicemail. I'm hoping someone on here might know something... I'm starting to get a little worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnewt View Post
Just wondering if anyone is currently waiting on an order from Stargate Cinema. Ordered four Palliser chairs from them a little over a month ago and was told they would receive them in about 3-4 weeks, then ship out from there. I've been trying to contact them to get an update, but they haven't been all that great about returning my calls or emails. Now for the past few days, whenever I try to call their main number, it says either their office is closed or all the representatives are busy. All the individual phone lines I've tried go straight to voicemail. I'm hoping someone on here might know something... I'm starting to get a little worried.
Having the same exact problem please let me know if they contact you. We ordered months ago and did speak with them 30 days ago but nothing since then. PLEASE let me know if you ever heard back!
post #3 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 AM

I cancelled my order. I waited over 2 months for my chairs.
Red flags going up...
post #4 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 992
crap, I have a client who ordered 8 custom leather Jaymar seats and has been waiting and waiting. Then SG said "the factory is closed for the summer vacation BS....................still waiting. Came over here to see if there were any comments about Stargate. now I have this bad feeling.......................................RED FLAGS WAY UP

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 08-28-2014 at 07:40 AM.
post #5 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
crap, I have a client who ordered 8 custom leather Jaymar seats and has been waiting and waiting. Then SG said "the factory is closed for the summer vacation BS....................still waiting. Came over here to see if there were any comments about Stargate. now I have this bad feeling.......................................RED FLAGS WAY UP
We can't just cancel order they already have our money. Not sure what to do very worried for my dad. If anyone hears please let us know.
post #6 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 1259
we ordered chairs from a local company, and the same thing happened. they continued taking orders right up to the day they closed, pretty sure they even sold off what stock they did have remaining as a 'clearance sale' before fulfilling the orders they already took. we ended up being very lucky and getting out with our chairs just before, but some of these same red flags were happening.

whether a company is slow and able to meet demand is one thing, they should at least have good communication and meet their deadlines, imo.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #7 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Oh if I could only get to Maryland to see if they have stock! It says on website that they have a showroom but can't get them to answer there or anywhere for that matter!
post #8 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I've never been there but the people I've talked to describe it as a surprisingly small converted house with an building out back with some samples. Not a large furniture store. They are basically an Internet company.

you can zoom in here with the birds eye. rotate around a bit.

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...KPL1&mkt=en-US

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; 08-28-2014 at 06:15 PM.
post #9 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
about to preorder with Roman... hope nothing like that happens to me (yes I know he's not stargate but is another smaller shop); I swear stargate was pretty well referenced here and I had looked to order from them...
Stephanie Cochrane likes this.
post #10 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Ordering theater seats

I own HTmarket.com so I never like to see stuff like this happen even to a competitor but I would say the best advice when you order from any company is to always pay by credit card never cash or wire money. Big companies and small companies have issues sometimes. I don't know what's up with them but it seems bad. You are protected against this through your card company up to 6 months visa and mc and 1 year with amex. You can chargeback for non receipt of delivery and you will get your money back. You can then re order elsewhere. I would do this on any product but especially special order seats or longer lead times. I would also check in every week with the company to check on status of order, that you find out this stuff sooner versus later.

Alan Hutchinson
Owner
HTmarket.com
DrZaus and Stephanie Cochrane like this.
post #11 of 86 Old 08-28-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
someone was telling me today that ordering with a USPS money order is also a good way... since if they don't deliver it is a federal felony...

Not sure how true that is; was going to look into it before I order my seats from another group...
post #12 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 AM

Thanks so much for all your help guys! It is nice to see there are still people out there who care! Especially after this whole ordeal. .. Well update on the situation is I am still far away from Maryland so won't get to make that stop I so highly anticipated. I would really like to look on Ken Lerch in the eye but hey I guess the second best option will work...We took out criminal fraud charges in his county yesterday against. So he should be getting a visit after all. I hope that my dad will get his money back and I hope it ends up costing this man all the sleep it has us. If anyone would like to recommend a REAL Home Theater furniture buisness we are hoping the chargeback route that you told us about will work and then we will be in the market for an honest company. WOW who would have thought it would be so much trouble to order a Chair!
post #13 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Stargate

BigmouthInDC:
Quote:
Then SG said "the factory is closed for the summer vacation BS
Perhaps you were just living up to your monicker, but Jaymar does in fact close for 1-2 weeks every summer and that in fact did happen again this year. I'm not sure who your customer is but we have an order there ready to ship.

Stephanie Cochrane- your father has been credited in full and you were emailed this info.

In the meantime, if anyone needs assistance please email support [ a t ] stargatecinema.com referencing your order #.

Thank you,
Ken

Ken Lerch
StargateCinema.com
Home Theater Seating and Decor
HTSeating.com
Home Theater Seating

post #14 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLerch View Post
BigmouthInDC: Perhaps you were just living up to your monicker, but Jaymar does in fact close for 1-2 weeks every summer and that in fact did happen again this year. I'm not sure who your customer is but we have an order there ready to ship.

Stephanie Cochrane- your father has been credited in full and you were emailed this info.

In the meantime, if anyone needs assistance please email support [ a t ] stargatecinema.com referencing your order #.

Thank you,
Ken
WOW It's Ken Lerch in the flesh.....I thought something horrible happened to you! Well it's 2:23pm on Friday here in good old NC and neither my father nor myself have recieved an email from you or a deposit for the refund. Hope to be hearing from you soon but wanted to let our fellow bloggers know that so far all I have recieved from you is a bunch of bs! Hope your buisness takes a turn for the better. My email is zoimom@hotmail.com if you would like to actually email me that copy of deposit.
post #15 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Thank you,
Ken
Ken,

Thanks for jumping in. I've tried contacting you/Stargate via voicemail, email, and PM for the past two weeks but never received a response. I was really hoping to get my Palliser chairs from your company, but I think I'm going to go with someone else now. I've contacted Visa to start the chargeback process.
post #16 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 01:38 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
BigmouthInDC: Perhaps you were just living up to your monicker, but Jaymar does in fact close for 1-2 weeks every summer and that in fact did happen again this year. I'm not sure who your customer is but we have an order there ready to ship.
Ken
It is the eight custom gray leather chairs that were promised a long time ago. In fact at one point (now over 4 weeks ago) my client was told they were just waiting customs clearance to cross the border then a week later was told no the factory was closed for vacation. If someone, anyone would have returned her calls and emails this would not be an issue.
post #17 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 PM

Liked: 1
I also am having trouble with Stargate. No response from anyone for the last 10 days I have tried. I even PM'ed Ken privately to solve it offline but again no response. I ordered a quick ship set of chairs over 6 weeks ago and they charged me right away and still no product. At first they responded well but now nothing. I have emailed the address Ken provided, left VM on two different numbers and emailed a rep directly that I worked with all over the last 10 days and not a response from one correspondence. I would recommend anyone looking for furniture to go elsewhere. Fortunately I used a CC and will be able to recover my cost.
post #18 of 86 Old 08-29-2014, 04:30 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnewt View Post
Hi,
We are having the same issues. We ordered 2 rows of palliser seating, paid in full in May. We haven't received our seats, nor does Ken answer our phone calls or emails. We are in the process of initiating dispute with our bank. Good luck to you. I am posting this so others can be aware of the poor credibility of stargate cinema. I am surprised Ken has the time to respond in forum while he hasn't done so for our emails.
post #19 of 86 Old 08-31-2014, 09:05 AM

Thumbs down

I have personally recieved not one but get this 2 emails from Ken at this point. He says he is a good guy and continues to assure me a credit has been made to my dad. However this is Sunday at 12pm and still no credit. I hope to be able to update tomorrow differently. I am so saddend to see all the people with this same problem. However I am glad that we all have a way to communicate our frustrations and hopefully stop anyone else from being in my dad's position. I hope to let you know that the amount has been credited tomorrow!
post #20 of 86 Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any update? I am having the same problem.. Order 7 seats last month and yet have heard from SG. Left msg, email, pm... nothing.
post #21 of 86 Old 09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

If you haven't talked to your credit card company already, you should. There are so many red flags.
post #22 of 86 Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 AM

Wink Stargate Cinema

I am very very happy to update you guys that my dad has recieved a refund of the amount he was owed. We still don't have chairs but that can be fixed easily! Ken contacted me several times to make this right by email. I hope that his company issuses work out for him. And I also hope everyone that posted on this forum realizes that behind every company name is a real person with real problems and lots of responsibility so in my eyes the deal didn 't work but he did not intend for this to happen I am sure. So I wanted to let everyone know that after 60 days of no chairs we finally got our money back from Stargate Cinema.
post #23 of 86 Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the update. I called my cc company already.. So is Stargate still in business?
post #24 of 86 Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM

I placed an order for two chairs on 8/1/14. Was supposed tobe delivered in 4 weeks. Now attempting to contact them: phone goes straight to voice mail and no response via email. Looks like they are closed. Are they a complete scam or did they just go out of business? Has anyone received items from Stargate Cinema in past? This sucks, I wasted 5 weeks waiting and will have to start over with different company. I'm disputing transaction with credit card company.
post #25 of 86 Old 09-05-2014, 10:31 AM
rsh
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 30
They are not a scam. They are legit and at least used to be a very reputable and company with great customer service.

It is hard to say what is going on there. I personally have no idea, but again I can say that they are not a scam, at least from my experience dealing with them in the past.

Roman
rtheaters.com
Fusion Collection Seating
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #26 of 86 Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I had been a satisfied client of Stargate over the years but their actions since this summer have raised a number of Red Flags. I have a client who cancelled their CC purchase of June, contacted Jaymar directly, found out their chairs were ready in July but without payment from Stargate were not being shipped. They paid Jaymar directly last week and the chairs "have been shipped". We'll see.
post #27 of 86 Old 09-05-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68mustang View Post
Has anyone received items from Stargate Cinema in past? This sucks, I wasted 5 weeks waiting and will have to start over with different company. I'm disputing transaction with credit card company.
Stargate is not a scam, I have ordered from them in the past and had no issues. That being said, they are a very small company and small firms are running into trouble all the time. AV123, Craigsub, SMX, etc. the list goes on and on. The advice someone gave about always paying by credit card is definitely worth listening to.

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5

Last edited by nebrunner; 09-10-2014 at 07:53 AM.
post #28 of 86 Old 09-05-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 1259
this does sound like a failing business. it's unfortunate, but it seems like the normal procedure is to be 'in business' until one day you are 'out of business'. they never ramp down, or stop taking orders, even when there's almost no chance of fulfilling them.

like I said earlier, this happened with a local company where we were lucky enough to get our chairs just in time, but as we were frantically grabbing the remaining stock, they were selling off what they had in stock instead of fulfilling the orders they already had.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #29 of 86 Old 09-06-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've bought 2 sets of chairs from them over the last 4 years, so while they may have been a little disorganized, they WERE legit. In fact, earlier this year I was accidentally copied in on an e-mail regarding another customer's order with some Palliser chairs. Apparently the chair in question had been discontinued, but someone at Stargate missed the memo and took the customer's order anyway. Whatever the case, I somehow got copied in on this. The only vital info shown was his name and address, but it could've easily had more sensitive info like a C.C. number, and I pointed out as much to the people involved when telling them they need to be more careful about who they copy in on their e-mails.
One thing that has bothered me about Stargate's website is the fact that, for the past 3 years or so, pretty much EVERY SINGLE RowOne product has the same copy-and-paste description: "This brand new seat and one our best sellers....". Notice it doesn't say "one OF our best sellers". Two things: 1) If it's brand new, how can it already be a best seller? 2) When I requested feedback on RowOne chairs earlier this year on this forum, not ONE person responded. Apparently they have a lot of RowOne customers, just none who frequent this site. I'm not saying it's not possible, just sayin'.....

Anyway, I hope everyone with outstanding orders with them finds a happy resolution.

Last edited by Warcam; 09-08-2014 at 06:35 PM.
post #30 of 86 Old 09-08-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked: 670
I successfully purchased a pair of Lane recliners from Stargate last year. The transaction was perfectly smooth - no issues at all. If these reports are true, I'm very saddened to hear about a decline in service. Some of the complaints about complete unresponsiveness for months would be unforgivable to me.
doublewing11 likes this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories