AVS Forum banner

Acoustic Panel Recommendations Please!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Josh Z 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I need some recommendations on some solid acoustic panels that aren't too expensive. The room is about 20 to 22 feet in length and 14 feet in width. We have a setup consisting of a Denon 4520 receiver, Oppo 103, JVC DLA-X3 Projector, Screen Innovations 96" Black Diamond, Two Klipsch 10 Inch Subwoofers placed in each back corner of the room, and the Monitor Audio Bronze Series (Two Floorstanding towers up front with the center in the midde, Two rears mounted on the wall, and two in ceiling Monitor Audio CP-CT380's. The tricky part is on the left side of the room it overlooks the kitchen (it is essentially a loft), so I am unsure as to the best placement for the panels. My goal is to keep the sound upstairs and minimize the sound traveling over the left side of the room into the downstairs kitchen. Help please!

#6 ·
As mentioned by others, acoustic panels are not the same thing as soundproofing.

A common refrain you will hear in regards to soundproofing is that sound is a lot like water. Imagine filling your entire room with water. If you have any openings where the water might "leak" into another part of the house, that's where sound will go as well. If your room is essentially a loft that has a big opening into the rest of the house, the only way you're going to stop sound from getting out of there is to wall the whole thing in and seal it shut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.